Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

Trying to get pregnant after a miscarriage Part 9

Replies

• They are the ones I switch too aswell Nicky and my 3 children are super healthy considering I didn't breast feed! Never ill and all above average at school I always believe a good start in pregnancy sets them up:)

Of course a varied diet helps too!! I'm a veggie so eat lots of fruit/veggies 

• I agree mma they are great vitamins.I feel good from them too.I love my fruit and veg atm so much that's why I Don't understand why I can't pass wind even love seed and nut mix lot's of rufgage no pumps lol other than same time every morning end evening it's so bizarre.It's fab when your children thrive and do so well isn't it x x

• Well Ladies, I started bleeding today with bad period pains so looks like it may have been a chemical pregnancy 😔 It's so disappointing! I wish I had stuck to my usual thing where I don't test until I'm a week late. That way you don't get your hopes shattered and if I had done that I wouldn't know that I had a positive test and I would just think my period was late, then when it came It would just be the same as it always is.. Disappointment for a couple of hours then move on. Now I feel terrible. Xx 

• So sorry to hear that SCP! Give yourself the time to feel upset, you will feel terrible it's natural. Don't beat yourself up for testing early though, we're all the same! xx

• Sweetcherrypie - so sorry to hear your news that is extremely upsetting. Big big hugs for you, treat yourself to a nice glass of wine! Xxx

• Aww scp I'm so sorry this has happened to you.Sending hugs to you.We're all eager to test hopefully your bfp be with you very soon x x

I just had a call from midwife as urgent to say my bloods for downs came back as 1 in 100 risk factor and did I want to book in for amnio to which I declined as still a good chance all be fine and at the end of the day my baby is and will be loved  no matter what x x

• Scp sorry to here that sending you hugs there are many reasons for chemicals. i had 3 of them and like you was taking all sorts of vitamins and doing everything Like you. This pregnancy I got caught when I was only taking folic acid so rest up as it will happen for you xx

sorry to hear that Nicky how are you feeling about it all? Like you said it's 1 out of 100 so still unlikely but is likely to be on your mind xx

• Nicky, sorry to hear that but there is a chance baby will be fine. I had my tests today so wait to hear.

Had my scan today and they dated me 13 weeks and 5 days so 5 days more than I thought. She was proper pressing  on my tummy and really felt uncomfortable, and now i've had (tmi moment here) some green discharge can only describe it as looking like snot. Sorry! Partner said he hopes she hasn't done anything to baby as she was pushing about 2cm into my tummy?!

I think I probably have a UTI?? Just a bit worried now........there's always something new I don't know about that worries me!

• Tbh Cberg I'm fine as when I was pregnant with one of my son's they found a spot on his liver in scan and wanted to do an amnio to decide whether to terminate they were really trying to force me and he is absolutely fine they now think it was due to him having coeliac disease.Im honestly not worried at all x x

Aww sair the scan is so painful did you have screening for downs included in scan as I did and it was so painful and they dug in so hard I was in pain for days felt so bruised and worried about baby from force on probe dug in me.I had bacteria  found from urine sample taken when i had my scan and need to retest with midwife Wednesday to see if clear.Hopefully you'll feel better in few days just rest and take it easy x x

• Sair I get that now and again can just be a bit of hormone imbalance keep an eye on it and if not see your gp or midwife. Sometimes ta just more creamy and looks a bit snotty as its clumped together x

• Thanks Nicky and cberg for putting my mind at rest again. Good to know I'm not the only one it hurts Nicky, yeah it was the downs included then when for the bloods.

He was asleep, scrunched up because my bladder was too full, so went for a wee and had a wiggle which woke him up and then he had hiccups.......I keep calling him a he but we don't know.

• Aww lovely scan pic sair m wriggler wouldn't stay still to do scan properly so walked up and down near bed and then was facing us instead bobbin around lol.from what I read about the scan lot's of people feel the same after it sore and bruised.I couldn't bend or sit great after neither.I nearly weed a few times whilst jabbing probe in too would of been embarrassing ha ha.Aww lil sleepy sausage bless x x

• This is a random question but I'm not sure how to type it into google...!

i had a gynae appointment today not knowing what they would do and the fact that I had a positive opk yesterday we dtd this morning.

later that morning at my appointment they wanted to examine me internally, I told her we had intercourse that morning as I was ovulating and she said that was fine and carried on.

what I'm worried about is that the lube that was used wouldnt be sperm friendly, would this damage the sperm already in my system? There were 2 hours between intercourse and the appointment so I'm hoping anything would be well on its way by then I just don't know how it all works if that makes sense

• Hi rainbowcloud, I don't really know the answer I'm afraid but I would like to think that knowing people are in the position of trying to conceive that they would use sperm friendly lube. But this is my opinion not fact.

• Thanks sair I'd like to think so too, and the fact I told her I thought I was ovulating too

• Hey- can I just ask you ladies who have had chemical pregnancies, What was the bleeding like? Did you have period pains and basically was it like coming on normally but a couple of days late? I'm asking because I'm bleeding but its lighter than usual and a different colour! More browny pink than red, No clots like usual and my boobs are still hurting which is unusual. I'm probably clutching at straws but can't find much about it on Internet xx 

Lovely Scan picture Sair! Congrats

RainbowCloud-I was worried about the lube the nurse used when I had my smear test lol, but I seemed to have got pregnant Even though it was CP X

Sticky baby dust to all xx

• I've had 2 CPs SCP I had a normal AF  started off as spotting brownie stuff for 2-3 days then a normal light to medium flow AF no clots no pain lasted around 5-7 days. I ovulated as normal following cycle and cycles didn't change we just moved 4wd and carried on trying:)

Hope you are ok. Take a pg test in a week maybe my lines gradually faded over a week

• Does anyone know if an internal scan will interfere with ovulation/2 weeks wait? I ovulated yesterday going by opks and I have a scan booked in tomorrow.

not sure what to do in terms of dtd too. We did yesterday morning as I was sure o-day was upon us not sure whether to do it tonight with the scan tomorrow morning...will there be 'stuff' visible?! Or do I wait until the evening but worried about their non-sperm friendly lube killing it in the evening if it's  still in there. Overthinking everything!!

• Rainbowclouds do it as and when, sperm can't be seen they are way to tiny!! Only microscopic:) The lube I wouldn't worry about! If it really will play on your mind do it b4 scan if not the lube will make its way out quickly have a bath then bd in the evening all will be fine 😉

• Thank you MMA.

my bf wants to come to the scan with me but I'm not sure it's worth him coming. will they tell me anything there or will it be a scan and then wait for the results?