Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

Trying to get pregnant after a miscarriage Part 9

Replies

• Is it so see if you have released an egg/ovulating? My hubby comes to some but I generally do Gyneacology on my own. If he's interested let him come they'll point out if they see an egg:)

• i had my first fertility appointment yesterday, I think it's to look at my ovaries for polycistic ovaries as my cycles are a bit long. I hope they can see if I've released the egg. I want it to be quite thorough but I'm worried they will rush it a bit and just do a few measurements

• If you've just ovulated they can normaly see something. When I lost an ovary & Fallopian tube  I went in and they saw my egg ready to go!! Have u done day 3&21 bloods yet?

• I've done them before through my gp but will be doing them again through the hospital. The only trouble is with day 21 its meant to be a week after ovulation based on a normal cycle and from opks I don't ovulate until at least day 21 if not later. I did tell the doctor this but they said I still need it done on day 21. If I haven't ovulated they will look at putting me on clomid. But now I'm worried if I do ovulate later on in my cycle the clomid will over stimulate and we will be told not to try and conceive... So frustrating

• Hi just wondered, me and my bf mostly dtd before bed and i go straight for a wee after, as i can't to sleep until going, does it make any difference or doesn't it matter x

• Emma try and hold off just for 10-20 mins lay with your other half for cuddles maybe. They won't all fall out but it's recommended to try and hold off!! The laying will help sperm travel too:)

Having said that I didn't do any of this ttc stuff with my first babies and I fell pg easily!!

• Thanks i will try to do that. Also when you have an appointment with the Dr and they do a swap and bloods what are they testing for?

• Hi everyone I'm after a bit of advice. So yesterday I had a glucose tolerance test to check for gestational diabetes. They said they would only ring today if there was a prob. Sure enough Ive had a missed call from a private number saying my midwife needs to discuss my blood results tomorrow. I'm absolutely petrified now and its pretty obvious ive got gestational diabetes. Has anyone had any experience of this with previous pregnancies?

• Hi bex my sister has gestational diabetes with 2 of her pregnancies but all was fine she just had more check ups bloods and the finger prick thing and medication to help x x

• Hi Bex I have my diabetes check next Friday I have a feeling I have it too. They try and control it by diet and exercise at first I think then if not meds x

• I had a feeling I had it too. Have u had any symptoms cberg?x

• Scp I echo MMA i had spotting for few days then a period. On one of my chemicals I did pass a clot but that one I was its over 5 weeks X

• I fee quite big considering its my first and they say your at risk of bigger babies, tired thirsty and need to wee a lot I also haven't been that healthy in pregnancy and have eaten a lot of rubbish as have suffered with sickness all the way through and not been into cooking much I'm going to trynand be better though! Let us know how you get on was your test 3 hours in the end? X

• The only symptoms i had were tirednesss and weeing more at night time. It was 2 hours altogether. I'm so worried but hoping the fact I've only put on 10lbs so far is a positive.x

• Keeping everything crossed for you xx

• Hey ladies, I did try posting in here the other day but it didn't post my message! 

Sair gorgeous scan pic :)

so based on my last AF in 5 weeks today. Other than having a few headaches, being bloated and feeling a little more tired ive had no other symptoms. Ive taken 5 tests all together now with the last one being monday and they have been getting darker but I just don't feel pregnant. I keep telling myself that last time I didn't get sickness until about week 11 and my boobs didnt hurt until quite late, but it's easy to panic after everything! 

Hope everyone is ok and sticky baby dust to all xx

• Fingers crossed for you Bex.

HLE, apart from feeling really hungry first thing in the morning which made me do the pregnancy test my symptoms this time around was later and I didn't feel as pregnant as early as I did with my mc pregnancy so try not to worry. Get yourself to docs and get bloods done.

• Thanks ladies, I've had some clots and tissue now so I think it's safe to say I'm not preggers. I also did a test yesterday and it was negative. I'm looking on the bright side, at least I know that the sperm met the egg very quickly compared to my previous TTC journey. The only problem I think about now is getting it to stick. I definitely think that dtd every other day helped this cycle and probably the preseed. I think I will continue with the same pattern and also the warming of womb and pineapple core. All my friends and family think all the little things I do are crazy and don't understand why I can't just let it happen whenever it's ready. I think they are crazy! Why not help things along a bit If you can. Xx

Sticky Baby dust to all xx

• sorry to hear your news SCP:/ in our situation we do try our best with ttc and a helping hand does no harm eh:)

youre sounding very positive which is great and you'll soon be trying again:)

Good luck and I'm really hoping we all get our sticky beans 🌬✨✨✨✨✨✨👶🏻

• Hello everyone, I havnt posted on here for a while! 

Today I found out that my new pregnancy with triplets is failing and will end up with a miscarriage :( it's my second pregnancy after my first one ended in a miscarriage in december last year. 

Feel so lost again and not looking forward to the pain to come, I cant seem to get past the 6 weeks stage. Starting to think I won't be able to carry my own children 

Thanks for reading my posts :) xxx