Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

TTC after the pill

TTC first cycle off the pill and haven't had AF yet I'm now 5 days late based on my CD1 being first day of last period on the pill (this is how my doctor told me to count) I'm still getting BFN am I just late because of coming off the pill or is there a chance i could be pregnant ?

Replies

• There's always a chance you could be pregnant as some lucky people are fertile very quickly after the pill! My first cycle off of the pill was 40 days long and I had countless negative tests :( I am now into my second cycle and currently on cycle day 37 so it is looking like my cycle lengths haven't settled yet and I am in for another 40 days :( will be testing on Thursday if af has not arrived. Best of luck xx 

• Thanks for the response! Did you have any cramping before your first cycle after the pill? I've had crazy cramping for roughly 6 days and it still hasn't shown up? So confusing getting your body back from the pills hormones! 

• I had every pregnancy symptom under the sun....after much googling I found out that this is the hormones in the pill making it's way out of your system :( But please don't let me discourage you as this was only my experience of coming off the pill. Many others have fallen pregnant straight away. I spoke to my doctor about this and she advised me to take a pregnancy test once a week every week until a bfp or af finally rears her ugly head! xx

• Ive just bumped a good thread for you about trying to conceive after the pill which will give you other women's experiences xx

• Hi just wanted to say I wasn't ttc but I was on the pill until it started making me feel sick depressed again and anxious so I stopped had a bleed April 23 Rd I think. Anyway before I managed to make a docs app for different contraception I found out I was pregnant again. Bit of back ground this is my 3Rd my first I was trying for 15 months no contraception used at all then 2 years later I fell pregnant with my 2nd again never used protection he is now 10 months I started the pill 6 weeks after having him I'm now 8 weeks I thought it was impossible but I have since found out ur.more fertile after taking the.pill so you could be or ur body is getting used to not taking.the pill. 

Anyway good luck 

• I came off the pill in early Feb and my first cycle was 50 days long - during that time I had every symptom going too, including about 4 solid days of nausea and cramps that would come and go for days at a time. I also tested once a week like sophsandava said but got all BFNs until my first period came.

It is always possible you could be pg though, and best of luck! I ended up conceiving on my second cycle but I didn't ovulate until around day 42 - so that's proof to me that it is possible to get pregnant even if your cycles aren't back to normal yet. I think most people take anywhere between 4 and 6 weeks to get their first period after the pill (although I took 16 the first time I came off and 8 this time). 

Good luck!

• This is so frustrating I just want a BFP or AF so I can try again... Hopefully I'll get all my answers when my blood test comes back on Thursday... 

• 7 days late now bloods are due tomorrow holding off on testing so I dont keep wasting money on them haha