Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

TTC baby no 1

Replies

• Thanks Omah, but thats just normal after ovulation. 4dpo is too early to be symptoms of a bfp, but I've got my fingers crossed!

• sorry for the late reply! Busy busy. Im a week from AF date. Holding off from testing, takes all your will power! Whats the earliest to test realistically?

Glad your temp is high Misskiwi, lets hope it stays high (read that means pregnancy?) 

MrsWray, fingers and everything crossed for you!!!!!

• Hi dixie yes if temp stays high past usual luteal phase length then it generally means you are pregnant. But im only 5 dpo a little ways to go for me yet!

you are doing really well not testing yet, i think come 7dpo I might give in even though I know I shouldn't because its too early

I think a realistic time to test is about 12dpo, about two days before your period is due. I know people do sometimes get positives earlier but the chances of a false negative are lower if you wait till then I think  

•  Ooo a few more days and I can test for a possible early result then. Ahh I think if you can take the disappointment well as can be then go for it, I just cant torture myself haha. The 2WW is hard enough!! X

• Hey dixie, yeah for me personally I'm better to test early and have my hopes go down with BFN's and possibly be pleasantly surprised later on with a BFP, then wait all that time and get a BFN the day before my period is due etc.

I suffer from anxiety quite badly and not knowing is torture for me. I am actually calmer getting BFN's than I would be just not testing at all.

Silly huh? I'm just weird like that. 

• Hi all, 

So me an my boyfriend have sex regularly, unprotected. He has been using the "pull out method" id say 95% of the time it is successful. I think I'm pregnant, I was expecting my period in a couple days, but I've woken up this morning, with a little blood. I'm not sure whats going on? It is starting to decrease and become a little brown! I wouldn't call it spotting but it is lighter than my normal period! 

Pls help! IM CONFUSED

• kiwi - no that makes sense! I suffer from bad anxiety too., so anything to ease it! Well I really hope you get suprised with a BFP as soon as!! 

• Hi Kay girl, unfortunately the only way to know is with a test. I'd wait another couple of days to see if your period comes and then do a test

• Thanks dixie and the same to you!

how is everybody? I'm 7dpo today! 

• Hi everyone. My husband and I have been trying for a year and a half. Will ive been doing everything everyones been telling me to do. Such as putting my hips up after sex. Will I took a pregnancy test today and it has a very very faint line on it. My thing is Im curious to know if its positive or not. Im Ttcing for my first baby too. So please help. Thank you.

• Hi Astana, I replied in your other thread. I couldn't see a second line on your test I'm sorry.

when is your period due? Maybe it is too early?

• Well today is GP day and I will finally be getting my bloods taken to check for ovulation, to see if I can conceive and whatever else they can test while I'm there.

I'll update you soon as I know myself.

Thank you for your sumoody ladies 😘

• Good luck Mrswray let us know how you get on!

• I'm 8dpo today, took a first response this morning, couldn't wait any longer!!

I have a line but I cant tell if its a faint bfp or just an indent line. Will have to test again tomorrow to see if it gets any darker. Trying not to get my hopes up!

• Ohh good luck to you Kiwi and MrsWray! Im estimated at about 5/6dpo now. Cant wait to have actual data for next cycle about when I ovulate! 

• Good luck MrsWray

Goodluck to you Misskiwi also

• Update for you ladies:

today I got a call from the receptionist at my GP's. The doctor wants to call me on Tuesday for an over the telephone consultation regarding the results of my day 21 ovulation blood test 😬😬

I'm so scared I don't know what they want to say or tell me. I know it cannot be too bad or else someone doctor wise would have called to tell me more infomation and not the receptionist. 

Lets hope it is all good news. 

• Ok MrsWray lets hope is good news.

Hi ladies how are we today?

Misskiwi were you able to do another test?

• BFN this morning Omah on a first response, and I'm 10dpo. Not looking good :(

• BFN today on a OneStep strip...AF due in two days. Not lost hope yet! 

MrsWray, that does sound more positive, hope its good news for you :). Let us know! 

Have you tried today MissKiwi?