Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

TTC baby no 1

Replies

• Options

Stuzy2016 you are welcome, this trend is quite helpful and everyone is so nice.

Misskiwi that was a very nice explanation, I could remember when I was new all that abbreviation was difficult for me to understand though I didn't ask I went on net to find out some of them and some I was able to grab here with my initiative..hahaha funny Hu,but is much easier when you ask.

No sign of Af.

• Options

Thanks Omah. Glad there's no AF yet for you. Are you officially now late ? All the best  image

• Options

You are most welcome Stuzy :)

If your last AF was the 14th of July you could be about to ovulate any minute now hahahaha how long is your cycle normally? you don't need to bd every day, every second day is enough but every day during ov time will probably increase your chances.

We do every other day from a couple of days after AF ends and the try to do every day ov day and the two days prior.

The reason it's important to BD other days leading up to OV and not just OV day is firstly, that unless you got a scan at the doctor you will not know your exact ov time and once you have already ovulated the chances of conceiving from BD after that dramatically drop. Lets say you ovulated at 8am in the morning, but didn't BD till 8pm. Your chances of catching that egg would be slim.

You really want to have some swimmers waiting for that egg when it pops out from the ovary and sperm can live for a few days in fertile CM (Cervical mucus/Cervical fluid) so we BD lots leading up to OV so there are lots of swimmers there waiting :)

Hope that helps!

• Options

Omah are you late for AF now? When will you test?

• Options

Yeah, Hi ladies

Hope we are all doing good today?

Misskiwi am four days late today, my temperature is high and is more high especially in the night, my nose gets stuffy like blocked maybe is the weather, my breast just started becoming tender and and a painful when touched, and again sticky white CM...

I want to test on Sunday 

• Options

Morning everyone, hope you are all good  

Everything is good Omah. I'm on cycle day 6 today. Did my first OPK yesterday and yes was a BFN but I knew that with it only been first go. I'm making a monthly chart of them to see how my ovulation changes over this month.

Omah have you done a test? Or signs of Af?

• Options

Stuzy2016

welcome to this chat and yes this is a VERY helpful anew friendly place.

I was in the same place as you a month ago, wondering what everything meant, how to do things or read test correctly and thanks to all the lovely people on here I am now doing it all the correct way and just waiting to do my OPK's daily and making a chart of them to see how my ovulation goes over this cycle.

I hope you get all the help you need from here like I did and already all the baby dust I can your way on TTC your first. 

• Options

Hello all! Im out this month now. After being three days late (how cruel haha). 

Omah - signs are looking good! Exciting!

Stuzy - hello! I'm brand new to it all too. I messed up last month as I didn't know when I ov. So this month I have the BBT thermometer to help with charting! 

MissKiwi - you're a fountain of knowledge! You really are so lovely. 

Baby dust to everyone x

• Options

Wow Omah that sounds very promising! good luck I have my fingers crossed for you! You are doing SO well waiting to test, i can't do it!

mrs wray sounds like you are ready to go! I'm waiting for my opks to arrive. AF almost conpletely gone now.  

hey dixie! I was wondering earlier where you had got to. I'm so sorry AF came, expecially late, its cruel when that happens. Thank you for your sweet words :) i really like to help others & have done lots of reading!!

• Options

MissKiwi where have you ordered your OPK's from? I get a pack of 5 for £1 shop where I live. Get value if you ask me as Boot sell them pack of 5 for £5 but i was wondering if can get them online for a good deal too. 

• Options

Hi i know you didn't ask me but I thought I'd tell you I've bought 59 from ebay v cheap x

• Options

Everyone thank you so much for your messages ! I've just got to read them just now. My opk tests arrived today all 50 of them haha don't know why I wrote 59 haha. Anyway. Just tested and got a BFN. ....Gutted!  Confusing as iI'd have thought I'd be ov by now!? Come on body! 

Good luck to everyone.  Thanks for your support.  X

• Options

Mrs wray I get them from a local fertility website here in New Zealand. I pay $12 for 10 opks and $14 for 10 very sensitive early pregnancy tests. I dont know how much that is in pounds but its not much as the pound is much stronger than the NZ$. They do ship internationally but don't know how much the shipping would be and if it would be worth it to the UK. Could be? I don't know of there is anything particularly special about their OPK's but I swear by their early pregnancy tests, I've never had the slightest hint of any evap lines or indent lines on them and will be using them to test in the next two week wait because even first response give me indent lines.

Stuzy maybe you already ovulated? How long is your cycle normally?

• Options

Hi there thanks x.    My AF was 14/15 Jul for 5-6 days. This is exactly the same date every month! Strangely... Anyway  I only received my opk tests yesterday and was a BFN however I had downloaded a fertility app and had started with our BD(!) on Sunday 24th (ttc)  since the end of my AF I have also been waiting for the EWCM but I've not seen any yet (at all) image hence buying the opk tests.   I'm so confused maybe I don't OV ?  But that would break my heart if this doesn't work...  I'm so desperate for a baby.  I know I shouldn't get stressed either !   Thanks for listening. 

Good luck everyone x

• Options

Stuzy don't panic! If you have regular cycles under 35 days its very likely you are ovulating just fine. There are cases where people have regular periods but aren't ovulating but honestly its more likely you are then aren't. And even if you weren't, worst case scenario, there are actually medications that can deal with that so honestly don't worry yourself with things like that right now.

If you usually get your period on the same date each month then you probably have approximately a 30 day cycle. What type of BC (birth control) were you using before deciding to ttc (try to conceive)?

• Options

And if you DO have a 30 day cycle, you know its highly possible you could have ovulated 2 days ago and missed testing it all together. As long as you were doing plenty of bding (baby dancing) then you have nothing to worry about. 

also, not everyone gets ewcm, or gets enough to notice unless they are checking for it. Did you notice any type of cervical fluid at all since your last period?

sorry for the personal questions hun but thats just how we roll here, nothing is tmi (too much information) haha

• Options

Hi Misskiwi thanks for your messages. Wasn't on any contraception before 😊 so this shouldn't be a reason but my age is very much against me. (V Late 30s by the way)  (aaaah!)  So..hence the panic.   I have been reading lots about it all and it says can ov 12 days before AF and if that's the case for me then right now I am 16 days before my next AF... but I keep testing the opk sticks and they say a BFN  !

X cheers 

• Options

Hi Ladies!

I'm new to all this so apologies if I get things wrong or repeat things! I have read through most of the thread and have found it really helpful so thanks for that! 

I'm currently on month 4 of ttc so I know I've not been at it for very long but this two week wait still kills me! How are you coping with it? I keep imagining pregnancy symptoms, I think I'm going mad!

I'm on cd23 and have all of my fingers and toes crossed that this is my month... and yours! I have only been tracking cm throughout my cycle and nothing else. Do you recommend opk tests and temp charting? 

I was really hoping to get a positive result before September as that's when the school year starts so I'll be tired and won't have much time :( - I'm not in school myself, I'm a teacher lol!

Good luck to you all!

Lizzie 

• Options

Hi Lizzie welcome!

I'm also on 4th month of ttc! I do both OPK's and charting with my temperature but that's because I've recently come off birth control and I wanted to make sure that I was ovulating ok and also because I'm just impatient to conceive baby no 1.

I do highly recommend both of them however for most people they do add another level of 'stress' to the whole process for some people so it's a very personal decision. For me it's the opposite and I find that they calm me because it takes away most of the uncertainty and makes me feel more in control, everyone is different.

I'd certainly suggest starting with the OPK's (ovulation tests) for sure and going from there. 

• Options

Welcome Lizziedizzie. I've been on here for 3/4 days only. ...and its my first month ttc ! I bought some opk tests the other day and as misskiwi said plus for me too - they have also been calming.  Sending you every wish that this is your month.  Best wishes :)