Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

The 2 week wait!! Weighing up very early symptoms - Part 3

Replies

• I actually don't know that's the thing I was on a pill to delay my period last month and I had a period and it's all over the place xx

• I have not had that before chelsb so hopefully that is a good sign? 

Chelsea I need to loose about a stone but wondered what the best sort of diet would be ttc - I am guessing crash diets wouldn't be best idea x

• Well lhw15 I've been feeling sick and have really sore boobs I actually feel pregant when you know you know xxx

• To the ladies who want to lose weight, my SIL lost about 3 stone while TTC and managed to get pg a few months ago. Her situation is slightly different as she has PCOS so went on a PCOS-friendly diet (the intention being it would help her lose weight AND conceive) but I think the guidelines she was sticking to are good ones for anyone. She got it all from books I think but broadly she tried to eat low GI foods, cut out sugar, cut out things marked "low fat", and stick mostly to wholegrains / brown carbs, plus lots of veg (and some fruit). I'm impressed at how much weight she's managed to lose!

I have always eaten in a similar way myself and I don't have PCOS or weight problems, but it just FEELS like a nice, healthy way to eat!

• Having said that, I'm not good ALL the time - we had Papa Johns for dinner last night!

• Chelsb I know what you mean... When trying for lo I had a false positive from a digital test. And I showed DH we hugged but when I was hugging him. Something didn't feel right and didn't sit well. Only way I can describe it. But when I did actually fall pregnant, the day I tested I just knew... Waited all morning for my af as that's when it's starts first thing in the day. The two lines showed up straight away. I think I already knew it was a bfp. You just know. 

I'm not overly worried about my weight. I'm still a way to go to pre pregancy weight. But I'm not exactly huge. Just a little plump now haha. I just want to lose weight for myself. 

I think I have a better diet than most people I know... My snack are the problem hahaha! It's all about moderation really. You have to live a little too. 

Hope you're all well x

• Beth that's what drives me insane! I have a good diet (mostly healthy, the odd treat, as in literally once a week) and I exercise loads. I'm a normal weight but I have to work so hard to stick to it. Then I see friends scoffing chocolate and cake all day, literally doing no exercise and they are much skinnier than me! I was a size 6 a few years back and that's only coz I was limiting myself to about 1000 calories a day plus doing super intense workouts. People who say those in their 20s can eat what they want have clearly never met me! I have been watching what I eat since I was 13.... so depressing lol... Now I'm 30 I'm hoping my metabolism doesn't get even slower...

• I most definitely can't eat what I want. I think once I reached 23 and couldn't get away with it anymore. Now I'm approaching 27 it is much harder. 

I used to weigh 9st 3 then pre pregnancy was 9st 7 but that was very up and down even then. 

When I was pregnant I was whopping 😂 but I was all water as I said. 

I'd be happy with 9st 7. I think when I was 9st 3 I just didn't look healthy? My arms were very small and you could see all my arm/wrist bones. My collar bones were very visible. I never liked my collar bones. 

• hi ladies

kiwi yeah can fit the odd one in but we leave like 6am on Saturday as got over 300 miles to drive but I think my opk may be positive today ill see when I take it later

how often does everyone who does opks take them I do it in my fertile period that ovia says I'm fertile and take 1 every day at dinnertime till they go positive and back to negative

as for weight ive tried every diet going as I am overweight but I have underactive thyroid which makes it harder to lose weight and I didn't know about it till I had my first miscarriage back in 2005

so I stopped all diets started eating better and watching my portions and then joined the gym

ive only been there a month but lost 9lbs and I go 3 x a week but have missed 1 or 2 days  and I need to lose roughly 8 stone to be happy

been tidying up and packing still got loads to do and feels like no time to do it

• well im 4dpo and yesterday and today I've had really bad back ache, not sure if it's linked to anything X 

• Hello to all the mums to be...I'm new to this forum so please bare with me...I have been reading all sorts of forums to information on Google about conceiving. I have been ttc for about 6 mnths but on serious note about 2 months. I'm on 3 dpo and am soo anxious. I have been getting cramps like af for the last few days during ovulation so I don't know what that is

Is anyone feeling this way?please help

• Oh and btw last month I actually thought I was pregnant. Even the smell of new tissues was making me feel nauseous. Wierd..but I had to take ibuprofen 10 dpo and I think I ended up with af image

• chelsea I have had a realily achy lower back and left hip today too - wonder how it will turn out for us both I have my fingers crossed for us both! One thing that is making me think it hasnot happened though is I have less cm then I usually would at this time. 

Welcome fuzzy hope you get your bfp, the 2ww is awful i find as I get so paranoid even when I try not to x

• Omg me too this 2ww is going to be a loong wait..do u guys think it's going to be a good idea to take prenatal vitamins now or shall I wait till I start a new cycle.

I hope everyone gets their bfp tooimage

• Well good luck sophiesmummy bding even just a couple of times during your fertile period can be enough! 

Regarding opks I take one a day in the afternoon from when my period stops, then once the test line looked like it was going to turn positive soon I tested twice a day, once with fmu and then again in the early evening as soon as I got home from work. 

• Oh and then I kept testing until the line turned neg and my temp surged then I stopped :)

• Welcome Fuzzy! The tww is hard, I spend it trawling the forums and answering every body elses questions to keep my mind off myself if you know what I mean. Good luck hun!

• As for me my temp was high for the third day today and fertility friend has confirmed ov on cycle day 15 so I'm officially 3dpo. Day 15 was the day I woke up with nausea, had ov pain and my boobs started to hurt so I think the date is right. Only symptoms are the sore boobs which is normal for me post ov.

we bd day of ov, and the two days prior so hopefully we've done enough!! only thing to do now is wait arrgghhh

• thanks for the info kiwi my opk today was dark at dinnertime and just took another and it lighter so I'm going to jump dh tonight lol also got left side cramping like sharp stabs so thinking this is my o'ing and egg will be waiting for hubby then on sat night ill jump him in the caravan seeing as sunday is our wedding anniversary

going to be a long 2 weeks but with holiday then stay with mil till next weds I will be busy enough not to think of 2ww and it will be only a few days till I can test after we get back

should I have sore boobs or anything along with my stabbing pains ?

you would think I know how things go now after 7 yrs but really want some happy news to end the month with

• Beth, I'm 9st atm but I'm short! I want to be 8st again. Might have to be a post-baby goal 😂 Good going Sophiesmummy, the gym really helps me too. Might go tomorrow if my cystitis is feeling cooperative.

Welcome fuzzy! I got pg on my second cycle post-pill but I was convinced I was pg the cycle before that too. Symptom spotting is a killer! I would just start taking the vits now - the sooner the better!

At least you know you BDed at the right time Misskiwi - now's the hard bit! Hope you have all had a good day. I have just put dinner on (Greek-style slow cooked lamb and butter bean stew yum) and waiting for OH to come home - he has football so won't be til 10. Normally I would sit down with a glass of wine right about now but clearly I can't so an ice lolly it is!