Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

The 2 week wait!! Weighing up very early symptoms - Part 3

Replies

• Sophiesmummy, it depends. I often get sore nipples around ov time, but didn't get anything the cycle I conceived. 

• Yep sugar now just have to wait! At least im already 3 days in while I was waiting for fertility friend to confirm haha

fuzzy I forgot to say yes start taking the vitamins now, folic acid can be benficial when ttc too not just during pregnancy

sophiesmummy, I get sore breasts and tender nipples immediately upon/after ov. Its probably the most obvious sign for me that I've ovulated. But I think everyone is so different you have to go on what is normal for you

• I tend to get sore boobs around ovulation. They were a killer last night. Offtttt. 

I'm sorry for being a broken record but ovulation/period/pregnancy symptoms can be similiar. I think 3/4dpo is too early for anything? I doubt the egg is implanted by now? It is normal to get ovulation pain before during or after. Just one of those things were everyone is different. You know your body best. 

I'm short too Sugar! Haha! I don't think I've ever been tall. 

I'm now 1dpo. Into the 2ww eugh. Why is it so long?! 

Hope you're all well. I'm supposed to be doing the food shop but I have zero morale. Ahhh best get to it. 

• Thanx sugar I will start taking them today. It's just that I read up on it saying it can alter the cycle, few ppl wer saying so wasn't sure but hey... I've got nothing to loose..its either I've conceived or not. Well just have to find out in two weeks.

I haven't really experienced pain during ovulation or maybe because I wasn't aware until this month. This symptom spotting is lethal. 

How long has everyone got to go till bfp??

• Absolutely agree Beth re symptoms - I think anything before about 8 dpo is only post ov/progesterone symptoms, except possibly implantation bleeding if you have it around 7dpo but true implantation bleeding (not breakthrough bleeding when period is due) Is rare too, only about 10% of people apparently. I think keeping that in mind helps to stay calm during the first week of the 2ww at least

• Fuzzy im not sure about other types of prenatal vitamins but plain folic acid wont alter your cycle, and is recommended by doctors to start taking it as soon as you start ttc

I think especially post ov they are unlikely to alter anything unless they have vitamin b6 if you have a short luteal phase it might lengthen it a little but you'd probably have to be taking it for a while for it to take effect

• Ovia says 8 days for me until i can test X 

• I've only ever taken folic acid when ttc. (I also take vitamin c but I take it regardless) and I've never had my cycles altered from it.

See I never know that a progestrone rise could be noticable till ttc! It's mad all the stuff a woman's body can do. 

I can test two weeks today. This part is just so long! 

• Fertilty friend tells me I can test in 11 days, i'll just be happy if I can make it as far as 10dpo (which is 7 days away) without blowing a days pay on first response tests 😫😫😫😫😫

• Fuzzy, I took a multivitamin since coming off the pill and my cycles were long to be honest. I have no way of knowing whether that's coz of the multivitamin or if they would have been long anyway, but I suspect it's the latter as my cycles were long the only other time I came off the pill and I wasn't TTC then so no vits. It was fine either way though as I still managed to conceive quickly despite the long cycles, but obv its not ideal - my 2ww was a 5ww for the two cycles and it was agonising!

As the others said though, folic acid by itself is fine. I am taking the multis just to be on the safe side. I know there are a few other things they sometimes recommend you take and I thought it was easier to just to remember one pill!

• Morning ladies how is everyone? 

sorry I didnt post yesterday I was so busy had LO sports day it was so cute. Then I tackled s huge pile of ironing lastnigh that had bin sitting there for a while. I'm way behind on what's bin going on. Chels104 I saw u started SW how you finding it? I do try and follow SW but i lost heart after my first week I stuch to it 100% and only list 1lb I was so disappointed. Loosing weight is an on going battle for me. Id love to lose 2 stone but my will power is not great. I do keep up with keeping fit though.

has everyone ovulated and hom mAmy dpo? I think im 4 or 5 dpo 

hope u all have a love Friday xxx

• I've done it before, the last time I lost around 2 stone but I've put it back on, I know it off by heart so it's just getting back into the groove, luckily my bf eats whatever's in front of him so it's easy at meal times haha X 

• getting af type pains today, only 5po so not due for another week X 

• I tried slimming world a while ago. I enjoyed the meals and loved that it was family friendly. I was losing around 2-4lbs a week. But then I stopped cause I thought why am I paying for this now. I've still got recipes and you can find them online. It's just the counting syns. So I couldn't bothered. 

When I first started doing my dvd workout I didn't change my diet and lost a stone! Just over a month. Then I stopped 😑 back to it now. Just bit gutted I stopped cause I've nearly put that stone back on. 

I'm 2po now, ovulation cramps are dying down now thank goodness! I honestly have a worse time ovulating than I do af time. What's with that?!

Lo is in nursery. Guna give my house a goos clean. Have my friend staying with us tomorrow with her little one. Excited. 

Enjoy your weekend x

• Morning ladies!

Leo, OH has his work sports day today 😂 He is playing touch rugby though, not egg n spoon races etc. I might go along to watch and read in the sun. Not sure though as there'll be drinks afterwards and I don't really want to stand around in a hot pub unable to drink AND feeling uncomfortable with cystitis. I need to tidy the flat in a big way after our trip but that's not particularly tempting either.

So a few of you must be in the 2ww now then? Good luck! 

• Hey girls I had my bloods done and they said I haven't ovulated but I felt like i did and today I'm 8pr 9dpo and I got this with fmu AF due in 6 imageis this a bfp?

• Hey Leo yep ov confirmed nice high temp, I'm 3dpo so a couple of says behind you/

sugar how are you feeling? Are the antibiotics doing the trick?

beth I hear you there sister. I get cramps etc on the first day of AF which aren't nice but other than that at least I feel normal during AF. pre and during ov on the other hand my body goes a bit mental

Emma92 sorry hun I just see a white indent line, is that what you are seeing? What should progesterone be post ov?

• It's been a few days I've been on here. Work is preggars mad at the moment. How are you ladies doing?

Misskiwi progesterone should over 25 if you've ovulated..mine was 29.9 3days after i ovulated and that was the cycle i got my bfp

• Hi sharyoh, thanks! i've definately ovulated, i know from taking bbt but was asking for emma :)