Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

The 2 week wait!! Weighing up very early symptoms - Part 3

Replies

• When is AF due Emma? I would give it abit more time? How many test have u done now? xx

• I have no symptoms of pregancy yet apart from I'm so so tired the last couple of days I could sleep for England. We have decided to have a day at home today I just want to lie in bed all day and nap when I want. My legs are aching like mad too 😫xx

• I've done 3 i was going to buy one for Monday morning as when I leave work tomorrow the shops will be shut, if it's 2 weeks after pos opk should be here by Wednesday 

• You must be relieved she'll keep you in the loop. Thinking of you. 

Leo isn't annoying how our hormones send us into overdrive?! I'm sure men have it easy! Although..  I swear every now and again DH gets a meriod. It's so funny. He'll randomly get a bit touchy or down or he can eat loads haha! 

Hahahaha yes we did! 😂 just what the doctor ordered! 

Lo has started sleeping through again. (Back and forth oohhh) so definitely feeling much better. Though I did have a cry to him yesterday. DH can be lovely. I don't give him enough credit when it's due. He took lo out a few times. To give me a break. Think I'll suprise him with a mini present to show how much I appreciate him. Maybe for Monday after he gets back from work. 

I'm about 3dpo now. Baby dust! X

• Thanks Beth :)

leo yes its very worrying, yes she is there on holiday with her husband visiting his family (he's turkish) luckily their in his home town which is quite small and not in instanbul or ankara. There were still people outside protesting in the streets though even there, so they spent all day inside and are going to do the same tomorrow although she texted to say things seem to be under control now. Like me she also suffers from bad anxiety and I get anxious just thinking about how anxious she must be!

emma hun I dont see anything on the test Im sorry but if you are only 10dpo its still early xx

• Misskiwi, hope your sister is okay. That must be stressful for her and your family. I'm sure she'll be fine though, like you say she's not near the cities. It's such a shame - my first hol with OH (10 years ago now!) was to Istanbul and we loved it. Always say we want to go back but now doesn't seem like the time.

Well we left A&E at half 2, got a McDonalds then got home at 3:20. So tired this morning! He had his shoulder popped back in (with some gas and air) and it looked so painful! They say it could take 6 weeks to heal, which is pretty irritating. It's his right hand so not sure how he's going to type for work?! 

Beth, OH gets "meriods" too sometimes. I always find it really funny! I'm the cranky one today though despite his shoulder as I have woken up with a pounding headache but know that it's me that'll have to do all the cooking and housework today (and for a few weeks by the sound of it).

Leo, do you get a proper sleep when you're on a sleeping night shift? I'm rubbish at sleeping in situations like that, no matter how tired I am. Full English this morning sounds good though! I'm still full from my Maccy Ds. Don't blame you on the chill-out day - I want to do that too but it's sweltering inside so dying to get out for some fresh air. We are going away again yep, but not til September. Planning to go for a fortnight abroad but no idea where yet.

Hope your 2wws are all going well! I'm exactly 12 weeks today, which is nice. I was going to have a small glass of prosecco to celebrate but the antibiotics have ruined that plan for me!

• Kiwi I'm glad to hear it's all under control now. turkey has always bin on of them places that throws hot and cold all the time Iv bin once and wouldnt really go back. It's sad how it comes to this. Has your sister traveled all the way from where u are to turkey? When is she due home? 

Beth i no what u mean about not showing enough appreciation to OH although I have got better over time. Glad you where both seduced   😜 what will you buy him? My hubby is taking us shopping next Saturday he does spoil me and LO bless him. good to hear LO is sleeping again how many teeth do he have now? 

I no I'm sure I ovulated last weekend BUT my app says due to ovulate monday so we are still really active JUST INCASE!! we haven't stopped since he came back from the stag I'm shattared from it I could do with a break now. 

Xxx

• Sugar i don't sleep like I do at home no and plus the bed is really uncomfortable but as long as I get 6 hours sleep a night I'm normally ok but yesterday and today iv bin really tired i just want to slob on the sofa all day. I'm letting LO get all his toys out. its really warm here to but the sun isn't shining on us today Other wise id be slobbing in the garden lol. We want to go away again in sept to Cornwall my fav place ever!! I'm gonna go and pitch up at Beth's house as she lives down there hahaha😂😂  Ouch your OH must be in abit of pain today is he having you running around for him. My hubby would be really creaming it if it was him... Well he tries anyway. 

where the hell did them 12 weeks go. Have you sorted things out at work yet? Xx

• One more week and into the 2nd trimester. How exciting! Will you find out the gender at your 20 wk scan? Next baby. I'd find out again but keep it a suprise from everyone. 

You must be so tired! Just try look after yourself as well. Meriods are just so funny aren't they! I like to see how I could be sometimes or how DH must feel when it's AF time haha. 

Hahahaha 😂 could you imagine haha Leo . 

What are everyone's plans this weekend?

I think Summer is finally in Cornwall! Finally! My friend is staying over with her little ones. Excited. Think we're going to Flambards. 

• It's lovely here too Beth! Not sure what we're doing today. I would suggest a bbq but OH does the grilling and I don't think he can today 😂. Yeh OH makes me laugh when he has a man period as he's so irrational, and you're right - that's exactly how I think I am most of the time! 

Leo, I'm normally okay on 6 hours as well. I think I got that much last night but feel so sleepy. I think I'm dehydrated after spending 10 hours in hospital waiting rooms and running out of water numerous times. Work made me an offer but it's the same as before 4 months tax-free) and I want to stand my ground - they have effectively made sure I won't be able to get maternity pay, as even if I got a job elsewhere right away, I wouldn't be there long enough to qualify. 4 months tax free isn't too bad as it basically equates to 6 months before tax, and my salary is pretty good, but it's the principle as its their fault! 

Beth, did you not find out the sex before? What about you, Leo? Ideally I would want a surprise but I think we will find out coz of the haemophilia (it usually only affects men, but I am one of the exceptions being a symptomatic carrier). It'll have a lot of implications for the birth as if it's a boy there won't be any possibility of forceps or ventouse and so an emergency caesarean will be a lot more likely. I would consider an elective caesarean in that case but I'm not sure yet! There is also a chance I might have to stay in longer after the birth so they can monitor my clotting factor levels, so a caesarean could mean even longer again. Another thing to consider! 

• Hey Leo yeah I am same as you - 6 dpo today. Not sure why I feEl so un confident this month just starting to feel like it will be ages for hubby and I! It's funny you spend so much of your life preventing it and then when you want it to actually happen its not a quick thing. when I was younger I thought you would just pick a month and there you go but as I got older I obviously realised that isnt the case for most. Now we are actually trying I just keep feeling what if it never happens? I am sure it will and I think I am just having a bit of a down month about it all! However we have glorious sun shine (too hot to sun bath) and having a nice relaxing day with hubby so couldn't be better xx

• So will you stay at your workplace? 

Sounds like a lot to take in. 

I ended up with a forecep delivery. The labour and pushing was just so long. I just thought oh get him out please. 

Yeah we did find out. I mean to say keep it a suprise from everyone else. Sorry. I didn't make myself very clear then. I get too fast when messaging though haha. 

Lhw I get like that sometimes. Just have to keep reminding myself just one cycle at a time is one step closer. Hang in there x

• Hi everyone, not much happening with me, I'm 6dpo, my boobs look like they've grown a bit and when I bend over and stand up it feels like my stomach muscles hurt kind of like after you've worked out but not sure if it means anything, just got to be patient! 

• Sugar if you keep fighting it out will u still be employed by then when u go on maternity leave and will they have to pay you On Mat leave? What's the next step now then? no I didn't find out what I was having it was a suprise I had an awful labour he was delivered by forceps too I ended up with a 3rd degree tear But I got my beautiful baby boy that's all I cared about and still today I wouldnt change a single thing even down to the tear I had. I remember it all like it was yesterday. I can't wait to do it all again. What you doing tonight? Have you had your tea yet?

Lhw I no I was on the pill for 10 years before i had my first but. I use to think the same as you about being able to chose when I got preg lol. I no it's hard to try and think positive when u have bin ttc for so long but cause I'm the same but I'm trying not to think about it and trying to enjoy the bding 😜 What are u up2 tonight?  

we have had s lovely day today we haven't bin far just enjoyed the lovely weather how about everyone else? Xxx

• Oh gosh. I don't think I teared. I just had the cut from foreceps. I used some herbal time pads. Called earth mama baby angel. Something like that. And I was all healed very quickly. I also used sitz bath. I think I healed quickly cause of those two. 

We just went to get ice cream. It's still so hot down here. 

Hope you're all enjoying your weekend x

• I used pure lavender oil in the bath that helped me but I wasn't walking for 3 weeks. It wasn't nice but I soon forgot about it.

its still nice here too. Hubby just made us some chicken taco's With rice it was yummy but I think I need a chocolate bar now 😜 

Beth if i lived there id be spending my time at the beach on days like this xx

• Hello everyone sorry been working yesterday amd today so very tired... just skim read everyone s messages and I feel like this isn't my month either.

Btw Im 4 dpo and I've realised I don't have any cm and completely dry. Is everyone is feeling like that or is it just me? Normally ill get little white discharge post ovulation. And I don't have any symptoms at all.

I kinda feel depressed. ..btw I jave started to take seven seas trying for baby..

Good luck to everyone. X

• Thanks everyone for the advice image

• LHW, I used to think that about picking a month too. It's only when I came off the pill and my first cycle was 50 days that I started to worry.

Leo, I'm on half pay atm. I think technically if I'm still employed by the time in entitled to it, they will have an obligation to pay me mat pay but I'm hoping its sorted well before then. Beth, I haven't actually worked for them since early December because of a dispute we're having but I'm still getting paid. I'm definitely not going back but I won't be looking for another job either - I'm concentrating on writing my book now.

Wow sounds like you both had stressful births! I was born with forceps too (they obv didn't know about the haemophilia then) so it seems like a lot of people have that, hence why I'm tempted to go for the caesarean if it's a boy. It's worth it though like you both say!

Leo, we were going to have tacos for dinner too - chipotle mushroom ones! But I feel terrible today (another sicky headache and dizziness grr) and OH obv can't do much cooking coz of his arm, so we just bought some ready made quiche and salads from the supermarket. We'll do the tacos tomorrow. I'm just feeling so sorry for myself and so is he lol. Bad combination. I wish my parents were closer and we could just pop to theirs for a bit of pampering. Neither of us want to go to his lol. 

What do you ladies have planned for tomorrow?

• Morning everyone how are you all!

fuzzy not everyone gets a lot of cm. some months I get more than others. It's strange but I tend to just go with the flow now. dont lose heart. How long u bin ttc? 

Sugar I was lucky as hubby cooked for us lastnight it was yummy iv bin teaching him how to knock up a good meal and tbh he is picking it up really well. I think I'm abit of a control freak tho cause I go in the kitchen and check on him every 10 mins!! I like an organised kitchen and he isn't organised. Let's hope everything is sorted by the time you are due to go on mat leave. I'm working today intill 2 i prepared all the veg lastnight for a roast dinner so when I get home I'm gonna be cooking roast chicken with all the trimmings And then we will dine in the garden. hubby will get the loungers out and LO paddling pool it will be lovely what about u? 

Hows everyone doing? Xxx