Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

implanation bleeding or coming off the pill

My husband and I decided we were going to try and conceive a second child. I stopped bc mid-packet and period was due 7/15 if I were to stay on the pills. On the 15th I got light brown discharge that wasn't enough to wear anything. It lasted a couple of days, I have had every symptom of being pregnant. Sore nipples, nausea, headaches, lower back pain, using the bathroom more, etc. Has anyone experienced these symtpoms after coming off the pill? Or has anyone got pregnant that soon after stopping the pill? 

Replies

• Hi Brittney, I'm sorry this doesn't really help you any but the answer is yes to both questions unfortunately!

yes you can get pregnant straight away after stopping the pill before having a period - seen that happen to a few ladies on these forums

but yes at the same time those symptoms can be from coming of the pill, I had all of them!

when did you take your last pill?

• Hi just thought I'd say I stopped the pill end of April was making me Ill and conceived beginning of may I'm 10 weeks 4 days i thought I conceived earlier was having symptoms for a while but it was about a week after my bleed. Only way to tell is to do a test in a couple of weeks. I tested early and got the faintest line I didn't know I was that early though only 4 weeks. Its my 3 rd so sort of knew without a test good luck it's possible I have only just found out ur more fertile after taking the pill lol

• I stopped taking the pill during what would be my ovulation times and we started right away. So I'd say the Friday before the last week one June. 

• Also, thank you ladies for responding. Kyrie, last time I knew I was pregnant, I just had the feeling but I lost the baby at 8 weeks. I have a pretty good feeling I am, but I don't want to get excited and then disappointed. This time around things just seem really different.