Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

HELP! Stop BCP mid-pack or end of pack

Hi everyone,

I am completely new to this site and the idea of TTC. I am sure this question has been asked and answered somewhere, but I would love a fresh convo on the subject. My husband and I just decided to start TTC lastnight...after months of debate. I am 26, no health concerns, and have always had normal periods on BCP. I have 12 pills left for my BCP this month. I am excited to start trying and don't want my impatience to get in the way. I would love to hear everyone's stories/opinions on stopping mid-pack or waiting until the end. TIA

Replies

• I would advise you to wait until the end of the pack. I stopped half way through and I think it messed with my symptoms and cycle more than it would have if i had just stuck to it. Please also be aware your first cycle might be very long until the hormone is out of your system. Some people are very lucky and their cycles stay normal...my first cycle off of bc was 40 days, then 42 days and this one is looking like a more respectable 35 days! The first cycle i was sure i was pregnant as the symptoms of coming off the pill are exactly like early pregnancy symptoms. I wish you the best of luck and lots of baby dust xxx