Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Why are my periods intentionally trying to mess with my head?

Hi, first time poster here so sorry if this is long and a rant :)

Where do I start I feel so down at the moment and that my periods are having a great laugh behind my back. 
A bit of background to my story, I always had regular periods like clock work almost always came on 28th day for 15 years until January. My mum passed away in January so when my period was a day late in February I wasnt too concerned. However this continued in March then in April it was 3 days and May and June 4 days. Now this month it has been 5 days, however as with a few of the previous months when I have went to buy a pregnancy test my period has came. I bought one this morning 4 hours later when I went to use it what do you know there is little spots of blood on the toilet roll. 

I am getting so down now with it all as I am getting on at a bit at 29 and would love nothing more than a child but I feel my cycle is intentionally trying to get my hopes up (stupid i know) 

I have also had a lot more different symptoms the last few weeks whch got my hopes up, like vivid dreams, weird dreams I almost never get, extremly tired the last few days (I dont really get this before I am due or maybe just dont notice it) and have have constant diorhea from around 28th july. 

Anyone have any advice to get me out this hole so I dont get depressed I really dont want to end up being one of those that just gives up hope but I dont think I will be buying any more tests until I dont have my periods for a few months in future :/