Forum homeβ€Ί Getting pregnantβ€Ί Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Period and then spotting 9 days later

Hi, I'm new to this forum and I have tried posting on a couple others bit this one seems to have the most support 😊. So me and my husband have been trying to get pregnant for over five months now and it's not happening. I had a regular period on july 30th and it ended August 4th and then me and my husband had sex on the 5th, 6th and 11th. Then nine days after my period I started spotting but it was a little heavier  so I was confused on what was going on. It wasn't like a normal period for me because it was brown ( sorry tmi) and had some red occasionally and it lasted five days so I figured I'm not pregnant. I called the nurse who works for my doctor ( I have been going to a fertility doctor because I have cyst and endometriosis) and she told me to test in two weeks and said it is normal for some women to have longer bleeding when they are pregnant. I am so confused has anyone else had this? Please some advice would be wonderful.