Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

The 2 week wait!! Weighing up very early symptoms - Part 4

Replies

• Butterfly great sounds like you are all set to go!!! What cycle day are you now?

Hi Leo, I suppose I'm symptom spotting a little but seeing as I'm not seeing anything I haven't already seen before there's not really much to talk about haha I'm definately totally more chilled than I have been previous months, mostly that I'm not googling anything! I'm sorry you are feeling awful I hope you aren't going to get hit with bad morning sickness! How were you when you were pregnant with your little man did it get worse than you are feeling right now? Where are you going for your holiday?

Beth well lets hope you get your boy and when it's my turn I get a girl! Obviously it goes without saying that a healthy baby is what matters most but I really want a sweet little girl! I'm on cycle 4 ttc, first one off pill was weird and all over the place, second cycle we completely missed fertile window because of late ov, third cycle we got timing right but no luck. So this will be 2nd cycle with correct timing!

Sugar yay for Maternity clothes! Did you manage to find some fashionable stuff or was it all frumpy? I'm worried about that! Have you had anymore tests or scans??

LHW are you close to ov now?

• Hi.. Hoping no one minds me jumping in on this feed but I'm totally googled out! I came of the pill, had my 7 day break and withdrawal bleed 8th Aug -12th. I had sex on the 12th and was also supposed to start my new packet of the pill on the 12th but as I'm trying to conceive I didn't take it. I had cramping from The next day and it hasn't stopped 9 days later! I also have constant backache, and an increase in discharge. I just don't feel normal but have taken two test and both are negative. could I be pregnant that soon?! 

• Hi Wirral welcome! you could be about to ovulate, or it may be just your body adjusting after stopping the pill. Have you tried an ovulation test?

• Thank you for replying.. I've not tried an ovulation test yet as I didn't think anything would be happening as yet. I did think it would be my body readjusting but when you read about all the signs and symptoms.. Constipation, back ache, stomach cramps etc, they all ring true. i did get caught twice before very quickly before having a true period after coming off the pill and didn't know if this was 3rd time lucky but it is very quick! X 

• Wirral, I had some crazy symptoms for a month or so when I first came off the pill so it could be that, but you never know - you could be lucky!

Glad you're feeling chilled Misskiwi. We wanted a girl ideally for our first too so really pleased it turned out that way. Well a lot of the maternity clothes aren't really my style actually so that's why I've just gone for a size bigger for now in most things (plus there's not much choice in terms of summer things - apparently marketers don't think pregnant women want to wear actual summer clothes in summer?!). 

Leo, I've been quite lucky with heartburn actually - only had it twice so far. We're going away 2 days before you (didn't you say 5th?) - can't wait now! We have a scan a few days before so REALLY hoping that goes okay so we can enjoy being away without worrying. Have you arranged any appts yet? And of course I wouldn't leave! I have just been struggling to catch up as there are so many of us now lol. I've had to turn email notifications off.

Chelsea and Butterfly, I sympathise - my SIL is pg (2 months ahead of me). I feel really bad but I've kind of been avoiding seeing her as she hasn't had the same complications in her pregnancy as I have. She's so excited and talking about it constantly but I can't get properly excited until I know everything is going well. 

• Hi Sugar - good to hear that someone else feels the same. Think the hardest thing for me is that I should have been a month ahead of her and now mother is all excited about the first great grandchild when before it was excitement about her and my dads first grandchild together. didnt help she told me only 2 weeks after MC and she had been on the pill and didn't know!!! People forget the sensitivity switch I think sometimes, so now am hiding out! 

Yes misskiwi, cd3 now but the AF has stopped :) been unusually frisky too and already bd'D twice! tmi! Hahahaha the OH has been warned that during O week, there is no working late or too tired to do it, we have one chance a month! Think he is a bit scared!!! LOL

• Morning ladies! 

so nice to hear from you all - I've woken up today, 5 days before AF & surprise surprise I'm considering POA! 

felt calm up to yesterday but as it gets closer you know what its like! 

Thoughts Suggestions?! 🙈

• Hahahaha! don't ask me for advice - I am a POAS addict. Am on the OPKs already on CD3! Hahahaha

what dpo are you? 10? X

• Yep 10! I have a cheapy test in the drawer & a CB digi - both from last month. So tempting x

• Kiwi that's good that you are feeling chilled out about it all I think if you can stay like that you will conceive sooner. I can't remember the morning sickness as bad as this and I was also less tired with him but heartburn attacked me bad just like it is this Time... I'm not complaining in the slightest it's just alittle hard but I will get through it I'm just so happy. Will you be testing soon or are you waiting for AF? I'm going to Cornwall (England south) near where Beth lives. 

Bec I bet you can't wait for your scan I can't wait for mine either except Iv got a lot longer to wait. I'm tempted to go and have an early scan to make sure there is only one I there!! (My mum is a twin) 😱😱

sugar yes we go on the 5th I cant wait, I hope things go well with the scan. i have my first midwife appointment on the 14th sept. What did they do on your first appointment did they listen out for a heartbeat? I can't remember last time it was over 4 years ago. i had to turn my email notifications off too it was getting so busy but it's calmed down a lot now.  

Wishing how did you get on with the test this morning? Xxx

• Hi all. Need some advice, I usually get my period and it lasts for 5 days and then it ends and that's it, my period lasted until Saturday which was 6 days and since then I have had brown discharge constantly? I never get this X 

• Don't do the digital yet.... save that one!!! Can you hold out for a couple more days? 

leo, the weather in Cornwall is getting better.... This weekend looks like a goody... Hopefully it will last for you...

chelsea, I can't help am afraid. I am the opposite end of the scale, lasted 48 hours and that ever happens. Massive temp spoke today and I feel like I am burning up :( hope am not getting sick! 

• Ah exciting for those of you that have your scans coming up! Can't wait to hear all about them - lovely to have the happy news on here as well.

iv not done the test yet Leo, first morning wee is best isn't it & id already missed that, so will at least be waiting until tomorrow! 

Told myself all along I'd wait till Saturday to see if AF arrives but don't know if I'm that strong 🙈

Hope you feel better soon Butterfly x

• I think its gone up because AF is all over and done with and the weather is al funny - really muggy - needs to thunderstorm it down and clear the air!

Cant wait to see everyone's scans - such good news!! @Leo - twins!!! that would be amazing!!!!!

@Wishing maybe see if you can hold out until Wednesday.... ha!!!! Listen to me - there is no way I would wait that long!!!

x

• Sugar I think ASOS has some quite nice maternity stuff....not that I've looked or anything of course! :p good luck for your scan I hope all goes smoothly! Xx

• Butterfly sounds like your body is telling you its ready for another try then haha my hubby was like that to, he so didnt realise about the whole one fertile time a month thing he thought we could try all month long! Sorry mr no such luck!

wishing butterfly is totally right, save the digi they are less sensitive, pee on the cheapie!

• Ooohh Leo how cool would twins be!! Is your mum a fraternal twin? Because it is said that certainly runs in families! I bet you are excited for your holiday I hope the nausea and heartburn settles down for then and you can really enjoy it! When will you tell your little boy that he is going to be a big brother ?!?! After 12 week scan??

I can't say I'm truly chilled, but I certainly am compared to the last few months. My stress induced late ov & coldsore has shown me I really truly need to try and relax. I'll be 8dpo tomorrow and will be testing with fmu, i cant wait any longer and I have lots of tests. Not expecting to see anything though xx

• Thanks Butterfly / Misskiwi - easy to get carried away isn't it! 

iv got no symptoms yet I don't think so can't say I'm expecting to see anything either x

• Hahahahaha yeah i know - he was annoyed when I said just 24 hours - he was like but what if I am working I can't be around - so I was like, its just one week out of your month!! Hope my body is gearing up for I guess its first proper try - last months cycle was a complete write off really so now I have a clean slate - plus I feel more relaxed because all the stress of never done it before and googling every little thing is now out of the way :)

OPK sticks are still showing the same strength as CD1 - the app is still saying predicted Ov date as CD13 - we shall see if thats right. - hope not - thats aaaaaggggggeeeeessssss away!!! was hoping for a nice CD10 or something what with being away this weekend and being able to get more Bding in than usual!! haha

• Let us know how you get on with your testing both of you!