Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

Travel Immunisations

Me and my partner have a child already, and have decided to try for another baby, we are travelling to Turkey in the next few weeks, and therefore i've had some immunisations, which are Typhoid, Tetanus and Hepatitus A.  I am wondering if anyone knows if it is safe to try to start conceiving straight away or if it is best to leave it for a month or so.  As i've been told by one nurse at my local doctors that its fine, and by the other nurse to wait atleast 28 days.

Thanks x

Replies

• Just an update on my query, the nurse at my local doctors have actually called me back to say that they have thoroughly looked into my query, and found that I am fine to start trying to conceive.  Due to the fact that I have not had any live vaccinations. i.e. malaria etc. then I would of had to wait.  so wish us luck xx

• Hi Jessie2 - thanks so much for letting us know the nurse's answer - very helpful! Best of luck TTC!

• I would consider that each vaccines contains neurotoxins such as aluminum, formaldehyde, aborted fetal tissue, animal by-products, heavy metals, and many others. I am not sure how long it takes for your body to safely get rid of these ingredients and if it is safe to try for a baby immediately.

We all know the benefits of vaccines. But how about the truth about it, if it is needed or the risk. I would start off by watching documentaries like vaccines the hidden truth  vaccine nation  or listen to interviews with health professionals. This Barbara Loe Fisher, co-founder and president of the National Vaccine Information Center (NVIC) who is giving a talk about regarding 600 research report by the report was released by the Institute of Medicine. 

Obviously it is always good to find out if the vaccines your taking will work, and if there are any other side effects you should be looking for while your on holiday with your child.