Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

Trying to get pregnant after a miscarriage Part 10

1454647484951»

Replies

• Hi eveyone I'm Jess i got recommend to this chat as I found out yesterday that I havemore than likely had a silent ormiscarriage at 6w4d I'm now at what I thought was 9 weeks 5 days....I'm heartbroken I understand it was nothing I have done wrong but I'm so annoyed with my body for not telling me :/ I have another scan next week to confirm it.....very small chance my dates are wrong but I don't think so xx

• AuntieNat- Huge congratulations. He is absolutely gorgeous. xxx

Mrs Rees - Sorry to hear what you are going through. I know it's horrible having to wait to find out if something's gone wrong. I had to a couple of weeks ago when they found my womb was empty at 7 weeks. I ended up having my Right Fallopian tube removed due to ectopic. I had to have bloods every 2 days and then another scan and the whole time you are hoping that there is small chance the hospital is wrong. You still prepare yourself for the worse but there is always that little hope. 

In my opinion it's best to think the worse and then you are prepared. Better to be suprised by good news than disappointed by bad news. 

We are all here if you need to vent or chat. This group helped me so much through my 13 week miscarriage last year. It helps to know other people have been through the same or similar to you. I hope your dates are wrong and if not I hope that you come through the other side stronger than ever. If you choose to try again the ladies in this group will help you every step of the way if you want us to. Xx

AFM- Its been 13 days since my Op. I'm healing nicely, I still have all my stitches LOL. I really thought they would all dissolve the first time I got in the bath. the only pain I'm getting is when I have to pick something up off the floor but other than that all is fine. Me and my partner dtd a couple of days ago and yesterday. I didn't think about the timing of it at all as we aren't supposed to be trying for 3 months but I think I'm having ov pains this morning. I'm not 100% sure as I'm not temping and not doing OPK.

My question is.... Why do they tell you to wait for 3months?? Is it because of emotional reasons or because your body needs time to heal from op. Would it be bad to get pregnant straight away? 

TBH I hope I don't get pregnant this month, my intentions were to deliberatley avoid dtd around ovulation but I just forgot that it was imminent. I don't want to go on oral contraception as I don't want to mess up my body for the sake of 3 months. TBH condoms are expensive and my partner isn't keen. X

• Hi SCP I'm unsure with your situation as you've been operated on internally. I've always tried straight after my mcgs and D&Cs .

I waited 1 full cycle after I gave birth at 51/2 months with later loss. Unfortunately the umbilical cord got stuck so had to have Epidural and emergency surgery to remove everything else after a perfectly natural birth! Was all very traumatic and I felt body needed time to heal incase I miscarried again straight after:/ 

I personally (as you've lost a Fallopian tube )give your body 1 cycle to fully heal to air on the side of caution:) I'm sure 1 cycle would be enough if you are ready to go for it again:) Personally the ttc part helped me forward and kept me focused. Why don't you ring the hospital ward that you were on and ask for advice as to why?? They should have given you a leaflet about your surgery and the dos and don'ts? I've always been given them.

Good luck whatever you decide hun xxx

welcome Jess and so sorry you're going through the heartache of not knowing what's happening it's awful:( I hope your outcome is good:) As SCP says and I do the same, go in expecting the worse so you are mentally prepared and if the outcome is good then it's a lovely surprise! 

We are all here to support you should you need us if things don't work out.

Hugs to you xxx

• Thanks guys thats my plan Im prtty positive it's the bad outcome anyway due to my pregnancy symptoms stopping around then but I guess there's a little bit of hope but I'm not holding out for it.....I'm going to try and focus of ttc again as soon as I can so I can take back control again :) think that's the hardest part of pregnancy for me....not being in control even though baby grows in my body it's down to Mother Nature xx

• Hi MrsRees. Really keeping my fingers crossed for you. 

I started trying straight after my miscarriage. Said it was ok as long as the bleeding had Stopped..... but am guessing with a tube removal then there are stitches etc. Inside and inflammation which may be why they advise 3 months? 

• Auntienat- congratulations on your like prince 😀 hope that he brings you all the joy you deserve and more. 

MrsRees, we all know how it feels to go through this. A friend of mine miscarried twice as her baby didn't have a heartbeat after 6weeks. She gave up because the pain was too much to bear and having to go through the disappointment was a lot for them.

I lost my baby boy at 32 weeks. This group has got me through a really tough phase. I knew I needed people who have gone through something similar to talk to.

It's good that you already sound positive but take time to grieve.. its very important you do. I think I said my good byes only last month, 6 months after my baby was gone. All of us have different way of dealing with this. So take your time to do what is good for you 

• Welcome jess your in the right place for support. Im Dee and right now it's been a week today since I miscarried at 13 wks my baby heartbeat stopped at 11 wks but I still had all the pregnancy symptoms so deep in my heart I know my baby was still alive at that time. It's still very difficult for me and I'm seeking professional help because I saw my baby heartbeat for 5 weeks in a row and to be told it stopped has devasted me so. As the ladies advice you do need to allow yourself to grieve but by all means start to ttc when your ready. 

AFM- I'm afraid I can't go through another lost again but I desperately want my 🌈👶 and I know it's gonna take time for me to allow myself to try again along with allowing a possibility of disappointment at the same time. But it's In a higher power hand of God and I know he'll grant us our desires. 

Ritufeelslost- 32 weeks suffering a lost I'm so sorry that had to be a dibilating thing to have to endure my prayers to you. I sense wonderful bfp soon with sticky lil full term healthy babies in 2018 or to those delivering in 2017. 

• Congratulations AuntieNat, he's beautiful!! Enjoy every second :) 

Hello to the newer folks on here- you're definitely in the right place to discuss emotions and concerns as we've all been through a loss, and talking to women who can relate helps a lot. 

I've just been a little MIA on the site as things are crazy busy on my end. But hope you are all doing well and there are some rainbow babies soon!

• Hi everyone,

We've noticed that this thread is past the 1k post mark, which means it's getting pretty slow and harder to load on some devices..

We've created you a new thread, called  Trying to get pregnant after miscarriage - Part 11 which should be much faster and easy to load - where you can carry on your chatting.

We won't delete this thread; we'll just close it to new posts (so we don't have 2 convos going on at once) and put up a link to the new thread so everyone knows where to head for. 

Trust that all sounds OK. See you over on the new thread. 

• Locking this thread now. See you over on the new thread.