Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

How long after stopping Cerazette did your period return, Part 7

Replies

• Wow looby that must be odd knowing they are making babies right now for you! Glad it wasn't too painful.

Bit of an odd one with me .... had what I thought was first af after Oliver 2 Weeks ago, only lasted 3 days but thought it was probably just taking time to get in the swing of it. Anyway I wanted to track ov and lp this month to see if being pg had cured my short lp.  not planning any more babies so it is purely out of curiosity before I go back on the pill.  Had some opks left and stared them this week on cd 13 (used to ov on cd 17 of 27 day cycle).  Had negatives all week but spotting yesterday and today (no ov pain either which I always had). So now confused where I am in my cycle!!  Also been feeling very nauseous today, probably unrelated. dtd 10 days ago. I think I am just missing symptom spotting, lol!! 

• Glad it all went well today looBy. I'm keeping everything crossed for you. Ive a really good feeling about it tho. Think you'll get your bfp while I'm on honeymoon.

Hayley glad you got blood test. at least that's a start. 

Eh rustic you do know you are quite fertile for a few months after giving birth. Just saying like 😂

Cant believe tomorrow's the big day. I'm full of excitement and nerves. I'll be on in a few days to post some pics. Hopefully I look well 

• A little message for the Bride from Oliver xx

• Hello lovely ladies! So so so sorry for noy popping on. Only excuse is its crazy at work. They're definitely making the most of my last couple of weeks with them!

Very excited for you sio! Wanted to pop on to wish you a magical day today xxxxx rustic you've done it again with another gorgeous pic!

loubylou I really hope that yesterday went well. Fx those little eggs and sperm have been busy all night 😉

Dinky that's exciting! They don't know what position my baby is in which I think is odd!

hayley I can't believe you still haven't had an early scan. Fair play to you remaining so calm x 

fx for you khw that you don't need that other blood test. My period before I got pregnant first time was different. Can't explain it, just was!

all is well this end...ended up on a monitor last night as baby stopped moving. Turns out it is the stress from work so been told to take a few days off. Only have a week next week to survive then! 

eeek sio, great big hugs xxxx

• hi ladies

Sorry I've also been absent! works is crazy at the moment. 

Sio....wow can't believe your big day is now here!  I hope you have the most amazing day, can't wait to see the pics!! 

Beu - you need to be taking it easy! Glad baby is ok 

Looby - glad egg collection went Well, so excited for the next bit for you! 

Dinky - amazing that babies now head down, getting close now! 

khw - glad af is here and feeling good!

hayley - not too much longer until you can speak to midwife, when do you get bloods back? 

Rustic - do you think you may have caught?! Also I just can't get over how cute Oliver is!

i really feel this will be a great month for you lovely ladies waiting for your bfps 💕

so sorry if I've missed anyone! xxx

• Sio good luck for today! Hope you have the best time can't wait to see photos! Drink lots of champers ! :)

Looby it must be so bizarre but so exciting! fx all goes well! 

Rustic what a cute pic of Oliver, could he poss have a sibling on the way?! Lol.

beu please take it easy, work is not worth the stress! 

Hope everyone else is well xx

• Good luck today Sio, hope your day is everything you dreamt it would be.

Omg rustic! You really never know!

rest as much as you can Beu. 

Dinky, baby is certainly getting ready to come out there.

looby, sounds so exciting! When will you hear from them with regards to the next stage? 

• Sio, happy wedding day! We will expect pics when you are back from honeymoon! Rustic - love the good luck pic with Oliver! So cute!

Beu, feet up and take it easy!!

well the hosp just rang and so far so good. Of the 10 they retrieved, two were immature and one was overcooked. From the remaining 7, 6 fertilised properly. So they were clearly having a good party in the test tubes overnight! V weird it's all going on separate from us!! Anyway next step is sat they will ring with update as to how many have continued to develop properly and to decide when to go in for transfer. Fingers crossed!

• Oh Looby how exciting ... sextuplets ;-D

Beu I was thinking when I started reading your post I hope you are not over doing it at work, but it sounds like baby thinks you are too. I know how easy it is when you are focussed on finishing things off and handing over etc. I was exactly the same and then with one week left in work ended up in hospital with reduced movements and high BP. I was lucky I could work from home for my last week after that as looking back now I needed the rest! So please take it easy for the next couple of days and next week at work.

• Rustic!! <rofl>

• Thanks ladies, rustic I think I remember that happening to you now. I'm only in 3 days next week and that's it so will try to take it easy. As well as the work load there was a really difficult situation my boss handed over to me that wasn't very nice to deal with. Hopefully that is sorted now. 

Hehe loubylou, I'm with rustic! Do they put all of the fertilised eggs back it? Oooh how exciting!!

rustic I missed that about you possibly being pregnant, that would be amazing...do you agree? Another gorgeous Oliver!

kez how are you doing?

i wonder how sios day went yesterday? let's hope the sun shone down on her 😊 

• Yes I was thinking of her and hoping she had the same good weather we were having. 

No I am sure I am not pregnant it's just taking time for my cycles to get back to normal. The nauseous feeling went after a good sleep. I just want a normal cycle to track to know if it all works again before I start back on the pill.  I would already be on the pill if my doctor hadn't been so horrid and forced me to have cerezette again when I really don't want it.

We are only having the one (DH has 2 grown up daughters and 2 grandkids too) and we have hit the jackpot with Oliver so quitting while we are ahead.  I just want to focus on him. Maybe if we were 10 years younger we might have a second but I have already given all his first clothes to the charity shop so def just the one! 

• I got a positive opk today so at least I am closer to figuring out where I am in my cycle. When I get my next af I will reluctantly start back on cerezette as the doctor won't give me any other type. I know I'll be sad when I take the first one as it will remind me of when I stopped it and the wonderful, frustrating, exciting, emotional journey I have been on. It probably sounds odd as I am so lucky to have my gorgeous Oliver but going back on the pill is the end of a big chapter in my life. 

• Glad you can take things more easy now beu. 

Good news rustic re opk - will be nice to get back on track and know where things are up to. Booo re cerazette tho. 

Good news yesterday - all 6 embryos have been developing although 2 are a little bit slow off the mark compared with ideal (4 cells rather than 6-8) but in terms of even growth/ fragmentation etc they are all graded as 4 which is the top quality rating. So hospital decided to let them grow a bit more to blastocyst stage to work out the absolute best ones. am going in tomorrow to see what the outcome is and to have transfer. There is a rule about how many then are allowed to put back. I think it's 2 max for under 40s or 3 max for oldies like me, but they advise single embryo transfer where possible to minimise risk of multiple birth. That said there's been some recent research that 2 is better for over 40s as multiple birth risks lower and it ups chances of success. Will just have to see what they advise tomorrow. Exciting! 

• imageHere's A quick pic of us. Had a great day. Loved every min. Dress look black but it was blue. 

Looby everything crossed for you and fx for the transfer. 

Beu take it easy hunny. You need to look after that bundle. When is your due date again? 

Rustic, tell oliver I love his message xx

hope everyone else is well 

• Sio you look stunning. What a fantastic dress and love the bouquet. Hope the shoes were comfy! Enjoy your honeymoon xx

• Sio - just gorgeous! Your dress is so unusual - absolutely love it! The shoes make sense now! Have a great honeymoon! xx

• Wow sio you look beautiful! 

Looby that is sounding so positive! Good luck for the transfer! 

hope everyone else is ok xx

• Wow sio fab pic! Love the dress and so glad to hear u had an amazing day! Enjoy ur honeymoon :)!

Looby best of luck for transfer today :)

Rustic that message from Oliver was adorable. He's getting so big now! 

Beu and MillP I hope work is easing off a little for you both. 

• Wow Sio! you look amazing!!! Your dress is so different and suits you so much! Hope you had the most wonderful day!

Looby best of luck for the transfer today! you could be pregnant with twins shortly!!! imagine!

Beu hope your taking it easy! glad all is ok! Im on the count down now! ive only this week and next week left to work and im done! cannot wait! Can you believe how fast the time has gone! if feels like only a few weeks ago I was putting up the photos of my hpts to see if they were positive!!!

Love the pic of Oliver Rustic!