Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Need advice!

hi! my husband and I have decided to start trying for our first baby. my periods are so irregular that I don't really know when they will start and have no idea when I'm ovulating. (I should mention I've had smears and tissue taken and the results were fine). (Also sometimes I do cramp for about a week or two before I begin my period). When we FIRST tried to conceive, I had already been experiencing the usual period cramps for about two days beforehand. At this stage I was NOT pregnant. That night, after what was hopefully conception I awoke in the middle of the night to cramping in the middle of my lower abdomomen. I've continued having cramps for a week now and still don't have my period. I also took a test five days after which I do know is way too early but curiosity got the better of me, and it of course came up negative. My question is this, can you still conceive even when you have already started having your period cramps? 

Replies

• Hi did you know that one of the early symptoms of pregnancy is cramps? I've been pregnant a few times and each time I thought I was getting my period. Most of the early symptoms are the same as pms symptoms.  You should Google it. Baby dust to you image

• Thanks for your reply. The only thing is my period cramps already started before we ttc and I know for a fact a wasn't pregnant before we ttc as it was the first time we didn't use protection and my husband has been working away for months. My problem is now that I don't know if it hasn't worked and this is period pains I am still getting or wether it could have worked and the period pains have changed to implantation pains so that's why I am wondering if you can actually concieive when your period cramps have already started. I can't find anything on google about this so I'm just so confused :( 

• I see your dilemma.  I'm sorry to say this but you will just have to wait it out. Yep the dreaded two week wait image

This is round 1 ttc?

A lot of the time it takes a few goes to catch the egg. You have to try to take your mind off it...decorate, plan a party...  I know, easier said than done but mother nature will not be rushed. image

Good luck 🍀 

Sending lots of baby dust your way.

Good

• Yeh it is round 1, probably just got my hopes a bit too high! Thanks again or replying. Definitly just going to have to give it time and see what happens!