Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Confused & Frustrated!!

Hi all, I came off the pill in Oct 2011 & still no luck!  Since then my periods have been a bit random but usually around 16th of each month but only lasted about 1 day.  End of May I thought we'd gotten lucky but then my period arrived on 25th & again for just 1 day. I came on on the 25th this month - 2 days this time - but I'm really struggling to work out when I'm ovulating & 'hot days'  given that I can't even work out when my period is due!  Any advice would be appreciated xx

Replies

• Options

Hi Redhead, sorry to hear you are struggling its horrid isn't it!  If i were you i'd see your doctor you should be having a longer period than that and it may be you need a bit of help. You've given it a good go so far so don't beat yourself up but the dr might be able to help or at least refer you to a fertility doctor who might be able to help regulate your periods.  If you have enough cash to start acupuncture try that too, my periods were very light and not having a good blood supply to your uterus won't help implantation and acupuncture has really sorted out my periods and regulated my hormones so its certainly worth a try.  Also are you eating a good diet as lentils, brazil nuts, pumpkin seeds really give you lots of beneficial ttc nutrients and lots of the usual healthy foods too.  Try at your local library for a book called Fit for Fertility by Michael Dooley iv found his book really good for info on ttc and if you need fertility treatment. Once your periods are more regular and of a normal length it will be much easier to spot ovulating signs and when is the best time to 'have fun'.  It might be worth getting a special fertility thermometer and chart i got mine from Boots and it does help to plot your temp and when you are most fertile.  Hope this helps and lots of luck x

• Options

Thanks for that Rachael, I'll definately look into that. xx