Forum homeโ€บ Getting pregnantโ€บ Trying to conceive
๐Ÿšจ Advance warning ๐Ÿšจ This forum will be closing on 1st May โ€“ please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

1st time ttc, please help x

Replies

• Options

Yay Hull that's great news! It's funny that the doctor's prescription was go have sex lol. Glad to hear it's only like 1 in 5 for the first month!

I'm thinking this month I will do that every other day and not wait for the positive opks - I didn't get any positives at all last month...

Louiseva congrats on the green light! I convinced my oh with elaborately drawn flow charts and timelines last month ๐Ÿ˜‚ Are you tracking anything or just going with the flow?

Not sure if my first af came, it was 2ish days of spotting and then nothing on day 28 and 29. Whether I'm in cycle 2 or not I don't know! Whatevs crazy body, full steam ahead ๐Ÿ˜

Any updates MrsButler or bumpbump? May baby dust sprinkle on us all xx

• Options

Haha thank you!! think he was sick of my headaches and mood swings with the pill haha! (Pill made me feel awful!)ย 

erm haha well technically going with the flow! We both agreed we wouldn't "try" and just see what happens etc but you know, as a women that's harder than It sounds so I have been doing ovulation strips but all negative so far! but as I say i only took my last pill 15 days ago!

its all so confusing!ย 

really stupid question I'm sure but... before I Was on the pill I would come on on the 25th of every month. does anyone know.. should I still expect that!?! Sorry so many questions! Just trying to get around all of this!! Thank you xx

• Options

Hey! I'm new to this as well... all you ladies seem lovely! Its so nice that we can talk/moan and get advice from people that are going through the same thing haha!ย 

I came off Cerazette on 22/08/16 after being on it for 3 years and having NO periods at all during that time. myself and O/H decided I would come off it and see what happens! period arrived on 17/09/16 till 21/09/16. Went abroad for a week 24/09/16 and obviously did the deed a few times... and when we got back... I then had another bleed 2 weeks later for another 4 days starting from the 04/10/16. I now have on and off low stomach cramps, sharp like pains around both boobs..(nipples are actually okay?!) but I have horrendous heartburn. I do work all the time.. but I'm so exhausted that yesterday I fell asleep on the sofa as soon as I got in from work at 3pm for a few hours! ๐Ÿ˜ Due to not having periods on cerazette i wasnt sure where I was in my cycle or about ovulation etc, and according to the first bleed on 17th I would have ovulated during that week we went away ๐Ÿ™ˆ Or the second bleed.. inwould be ovulating sometime starting this weekend? I'm not really sure what to think .... this is is too confusing haha!! All advice welcome ! I so hope my body isn't playing mean games with me!

• Options

Hi!

My experience and from comments on here about coming off the pill is that you should probably let your body get back to normal. I am on day 38 of my cycle and nothing.

I have had a lot of symptoms but the trouble is pregnancy and pms symptoms are very similar ย making us go crazy with the symptom spotting!

My advice is to calculate your ovulation if you are regular and just have sex a few times a week if irregular.ย 

The only way to really know is to do a test but remember if it's too early it might show a negative!ย 

Good luck and baby dust to all xx

• Options

Hull your advice is on point ๐Ÿ˜Š are you bding every other day? I'm pretty sure AF has officially arrived today so I'm out of action for a bit.

Smilelikeyoumeanit hi! Sounds like your body is adjusting to coming off bc. If you stopped on 22/08, your period on 17/09 sounds like your withdrawal bleed (if you didn't have anything in between?). Then you seem to have had an 17 day cycle til AF on 24/10. Your cycles might not be predictable/back to what's normal for you, or you could be irregular? So it might be difficult to predict when you ovulated/will ovulate. Some women use indicators like bbt taken first thing in the morning, or opks, or look at cm and cp. These could be helpful if you want to know where you are. Careful though - they can just make you over think things! I do opks and check my cm but I'must not sure it's paying off yet because its only my first month. Does make me feel like I have a bit of control โ˜บ I'm just learning still at this stage and our bodies are all different. I hope that helps at all! โ˜บ

Louiseva I'm not sure how predictable that 25 day cycle will be off the pill. What were your cycles like before bc do you remember? Some women go on the pill to regulate their cycle - sort of artificially making a predictable cycle period. I had a 28 day cycle on the pill and I think this first cycle off it is 30 days, but next month it could be different again! It's hard to tell at this stage.ย 

Keep updating gals! Baby dust xx

• Options

Hey ladies.... my cycles were always regular straight off of BC.... 24-28 days.ย 

The length of your cycles is determined by ovulation day... the phase after ovulation... luteal phase always stays the same... mine is 14 days. So when I ovulated on cd12 my cycle was 26 days. On cd14 was 28 days...

this month my ovulation was delayed till I think cd23/24 so my cycle this month is going to be longer. Stress can delay ovulation.ย 

If you know your Lp length and can pinpoint ovulation, you then add your LP days on and that's when AF is due.

hope that makes sense and helps x

i use OV sticks and bbt temps to confirm ovulation.ย 

• Options

Thank you flybutter! I was always regular before I was on Cerazette ! so maybe my body is still adjusting ! It's so hard not to get stuck into it when you say you're gonna come off contraception and "see what happens" because I'm still like huurrrrrryy upppp haha!

I have noticed today especially that cm is whats desribed as watery borderline egg whiteish. quite stretchy between fingers. Stomach cramps have worn off and is now a dull kind of ache! I won't ever go back on cerazette ! was awesome not having a period for 3 years but it's messed me up royally! i might have to try bbt or the obv strips! xx

• Options

Best to do both.... opks can indicate that OV might happen but only a temp shift will confirm it. I thought I had a temp shift on CD14 but then have had another 2 sets of positives afterwards.... just wish I didn't have missing temps from this weekend to see if it did happen on Friday... I should have got AF today but nothing but BFN so it's either a shy one or am still in the 2ww....ย 

ewcm and aches sounds promising though :)

• Options

With EWMC where would you say I am ov wise ?xx

• Options

they say you get it at your most fertile period and that's the best to have.... I think it starts just before you OV.ย 

my cycles are still straightening out after my MC so haven't really had any... had just one day of it last month on oV day itself... have also heard that not everyone has it x

• Options

Afternoon guys ! hope you're all well! I've just tested CM and it's definitely more ewcm today ! ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜ (TMI!) Last night i mentioned it to the OH that I think i might be OV and he was straight on the ball hahaha! Lots and lots of luck to all of you! Xx

• Options

Smile sounds like a green light for sure :) Fx for you!! It would be cool if it happens for you first month. I'm still on AF, much heavier than any withdrawal bleed I've had over the last 10 yrs on bc. But thankfully not much cramping!ย 

I weirdly got a positive opk first thing this morning (clear blue digital)...not sure what's going on there as AF is still here?! Strangeness to be sure...

• Options

Thankyou!! Would be awesome wouldn't it! Just trying not to get my hopes up... but also waiting for him to hurry up and finish work at 10:30pm ๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ˜haha! TMI information I know.. but I've noticed my C is a little open as well!ย 

This whole ttc is hard isn't it! Get AF out of the way and then I fx for you !!!! Good that you haven't got much cramping either! On my withdrawl bleed I was literally doubled over in cramp pain! ๐Ÿ˜ซ๐Ÿ˜ซ๐Ÿ˜ซ

• Options

Hi ladiesย 

so, update. Sorry to hear af arrived apples, she arrived for me also on day 37 and though disappointed I didn't get my bfp im so glad she arrived with the horror stories I've read that you can be waiting for up to a year ๐Ÿ˜ฎ

So anyway, af started off a bit browny kind of like it normally does, had one day ish of a 'normal bleed' then it went light and now it's gone. So literally tues-Friday. no cramps or anything. weird. I read that apparently some lubes and even saliva can interfere while ttc, so I've ordered some sperm safe lube online along with a thermometer and opks, literally so excited to start trying on cycle 2.

i think hulls advice is bang on, baring in mind that our fertility window is so short, BDing at least every couple of days is a must, it's fun for us all too so not like well here any complaints right?

anyone have any handy tips to try? It's so nice being able to share experiences with other people in the same situation.

good luck and baby dust to all xxxx

• Options

Hi ladies

Mind if I join you? I'm also in the same position, and it would be nice to talk to other people who understand the frustration! I came off the pill on 23 September. OPK came up with a smiley face on 5 October, so hubby and I got straight to it! Spent last week feeling terrible - cramps, backache, discharge, sore boobs, the lot. Have done two tests this weekend and both were negative. Feel very disheartened and think I must be slightly crazy to have imagined all my symptoms!

Still, it's good to see that I'm not alone in this! Baby dust to us all! :-)

• Options

Hi All

This is my first post on here. I'm 25, I came off the pill at the end of August after 7 years of the implant then the pill. We plan to start TTC in November. I had my first af 2 weeks after (had no withdrawal bleed) and my cycles have gone straight to my regular 30 days.

I just can't wait to start trying now, I've been taking seven seas TTC as I'm a really fussy eater so could do with as much help as possible! So finally after the next af I get to start trying. So excited and nervous! I love ready all the posts and seeing how everyone looks after each other on here :)

• Options

Hi EmMiche and welcome.

Does anyone have any updates?

My af still hasn't arrived but assume it's just not come this cycle.ย 

I had some light brown discharge yesterday though and now it's gone.

who knows what's going on!

• Options

Hey Hull it's ok that af didn't come it will. Though...any chance you're preggas? Have you taken a test? How do you feel??

Hey EmMiche its exciting that you're starting soon. And it's awesome that you've got predictable 30 cycles, will take the guess work out a bit.ย 

Ratgirl don't be discouraged it's still your first cycle :) sounds like adjustment symptoms maybe? It's only been 26 days since you stopped the pill so maybe wait a few more days and test again? Af might be due on time, but could be later if your hormones are being weird early on. Let us know how it goes!

I'm cd7 today, no cramps or any symptoms at all. Opks since af have all been negative, hoping the fertile window is next week but who knows, it's only cycle 2 so could be a different cycle length ๐Ÿค” I did get really bad cramping 2 days ago and I was like 'is this ovulation?!' Turns out it was food poisoning. Cheers dodgy prawn Indian curry from up the road ๐Ÿ˜‚

Baby dust to everyone x

• Options

Also Hull just remembered that I had a super light brown discharge like you, then disappeared, then came back the third day and then AF came the next. It was like a warning. So could be soon for you hopefully!

• Options

Hopefully so but I also had it 19 days ago for a day and then yesterday for a day. I haven't taken a test in a week but I have no symptoms apart from being very bloated.ย 

I might do a test and just keep on at it I suppose x