Forum homeโ€บ Getting pregnantโ€บ Trying to conceive

1st time ttc, please help x

Replies

• Oh apples87, your comment about food poisoning did make me chuckle! I'm starting to realise that symptom spotting is a dangerous business! Thank you so much for your kind words! Hope you get a positive on the OPK soon :-) ย Hopefully one of us on this thread will have some good news soon!

• So I've had 3 days of flashing smiley cb opk, it's cd11 right now. Hoping it's this week some time. Annoyingly, oh told me he's going to Cambridge for 4 days this week. Damnit! But work has given him a hotel room so might have to visit... it's a 2 hour drive, how desperate is thatย image

Hope everyone else is doing ok?

• Not desperate at all - I'd definitely do the same ๐Ÿ˜€ AF now officially late and still getting BFNs... Am starting to get terrified that something is seriously wrong ๐Ÿ˜ž

• I'll just knock on his door in a trench coat right? That's what they do in the movies!ย 

Ratgirl are you still having those bad symptoms? Maybe it's going to be a longer cycle this month because it's your first cycle, I think MrsButler had a 37 day cycle for her first. I can imagine you're going crazy wondering what's going on. Try to resist testing a lot so it won't make you sad if af is just delayed (...but fx that it's actually because you've got one baking it may just take a while to get a high enough hcg concentration to show on a stick. Hard not to get hopes up I bet!) I'm sure there's nothing wrong with you though! Sounds like our bodies can do weird stuff in the beginning. Hang in there honey, keep us posted.

• Definitely go for the trench coat! He'll love it :-) Fingers crossed that this is your week!

My "symptoms" have disappeared completely in the last few days. Starting to think that it was just the after-effects of the pill screwing with my body! Grrr! Will keep you posted, though...

• Hey ladies,ย 

hope you are all well! And welcome Ratgirl ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Trench coat all the way apples, your oh is a lucky guy haha ๐Ÿ˜‰

Ratgirl, my first cycle was indeed 37 days as apples said, first month off the pill was awful.

i was getting all these crazy symptoms like sore boobs, constantly felt sick, needed to wee loads, stabbing pains in my stomach I convinced myself I was pregnant. Unfortunately for me it turned out I wasn't so all of that for nothing ๐Ÿ˜ซ

Were taking a slightly different outlook on it this month, if it happens it happens. Im trying to let my hair down a bit more and not live everything by the book, have been doing opks but nothing so far and I'm currently on cd11, hoping it will show soon though ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

How is everyone else doing? anyone at the 2ww stage get? :)ย 

good luck and baby dust to all xxxx

• I'm exactly the same as you MrsButler.ย 

Last month I was convinced due to the symptoms. I didn't have a period but I guess I'm on another cycle now so in the 2ww.

Im experiencimg awful shooting pains in my left breast but I'm trying not to symprom spot and relax a little.

hopefully I will get a proper period this month so I know where I am! X

• Oh hull I do sympathise, its so hard not to try and symptom spot.

even though af turned up it was weird. It was really light like I only had 1 day of what I'd say was a proper bleed then it went really light and disappeared after day 2/3.

im a bit unsure at the moment on how long my cycles actually are, as when I was on the pill I was 28 days bang on but my first af since coming off was 37 days. I've done a couple of ov calculators online and done both 28 and 37 day cycles to see the dates and I have ov sticks too so really hoping I have a chance this month, suppose we'll just have to wait and see but it's just so hard ๐Ÿ™

ive been reading up online for tips and stuff and have read that saliva has a negative effect on sperm ๐Ÿ˜ฎ Hubby not happy about that one lolol anyone else heard of that? Xxxx

• I've hear that, too... Kind of unfortunat, isn't it?! I've been reading up too, and am going to make my husband start taking vitamins! Not sure how pleased he will be, but zinc is apparently very important for men...

AF arrived for me this morning. I'm actually relieved, as I guess it's a sign that things are moving in the right direction! Had forgotten how bloody awful period pains are!

Anyone tried the ClearBlue Advanced Fertility Monitor?ย 

Xxx

• Welcome to cycle 2 ratgirl ๐Ÿ˜Š it's good to know that the everything is working OK! Let's be positive this month. Yours will come too Hull fx.

MrsButler I'm on cd12 too. This week is our week hopefully!

I read about saliva and normal lube being sperm enemy as well. There's special stuff you can buy which is meant to help, I haven't got any though.

Me and oh take pregnacare his and her vitamins. He does it so begrudgingly. He left the house for Cambridge today and I blocked him at the door - 'Did you pack your vitamins?' he sheepishly sighed and shuffled to the medicine cabinet. Suck it up buddy!! Vitamins can't hurt I guess, at least my skin has cleared a bit ๐Ÿ˜

• Hey apples how you getting on? are you doing opks? i had a look back at mine today and some of them have gone a bit darker but I didn't realise as I'd thrown them away ๐Ÿ˜ซ Hoping I haven't missed it ๐Ÿ˜ข๐Ÿ˜ข๐Ÿ˜ข

• Mrsbutler oh no! Have you been bding?? If so then I'm sure you're covered. I think you're fertile the day after ov as well. When was it the darkest do you know? My cheap opks aren't getting any darker ๐Ÿ˜ฃ I'm on my 6th day of a flashing smiley on the cb dual test (I'm doing both cos I don't trust the digital ones that much). Don't know what's going on as it's cd 14.. my cycle last month was 30 days so maybe it will be like cd 16 or 17. I just wanna get in the 2ww already!ย 

• Also did you feel any ovulation pains? I don't even remember if I get them but I'm on the lookout...

• Hey apples,

Well, things have been tricky lately as hubby working lots of hours so hard to bd as much as we want but we did the deed Friday and Sunday. I don't know when the darkest day was due to the fact I had thrown the sticks away as thought they were negative :-(ย Is this your second cycle off the pill also? I don't know regarding ovulation pains, I've been feeling weird sensations in my stomach today but that's about it, other than that really sore boobs? What about you? I'll be gutted if I've missed it, does anyone know if your period occurs exactly 2 weeks after ovulation? xx

• Yeah mrsbutler it's my 2nd cycle off the pill, but wasn't really trying the first cycle because I just wanted to monitor and learn. Didn't get a positive opk last month but I was only using the digital tests and wasn't using fmu which it recommends. This month it's digis in the morning and cheapies in the arvo. I tested just then and it is slightly darker, I don't have to squint anymore at least! I think I'm still a few days away, have zero symptoms right now.

I read on my opk packet that it says it can take 40secs for an early positive, up to 10 mins to confirm a negative and shouldn't be read after 15mins - maybe because of the evap mark. So maybe yours were just darker cos of that? If you bd'd Sunday then fx you're in the window, it's only Wednesday? Positive thinking. If you can fit in a bd tonight I say it couldn't hurt โ˜บ x

Any other news? Louiseva did I see that you might have a BFP in another thread?! Baby dust everyone x

• Happy Friday everyone! How are we all doing? Xxx

• I'm on my way to London for a weekend getaway to see a concert ๐Ÿ˜Š cd17 of 30 day cycle for me, positive opks yesterday and cramping, not today though so I think I ovulated overnight hopefully. Bd'd Thursday night and last night, maybe today as well if I'm lucky. We'll see how we go in this 2ww! I'm still going to do ov tests just in case my body geared up to do it and then chickened out at the last moment.

How are you Ratgirl, hope your af wasn't too bad! Did you get the CB fertility monitor? I don't know much about it. Do you use opks x

Hope you gals are doing OK ๐Ÿ˜Š

• That sounds like fun apples hope the concert was good, who did you go to see? When did you start getting positive opks? the ones I've brought are so confusing... I thought I'd already had mine as a few days later I noticed it had gone quite dark, however I took another today and looking at the pic attached, im pretty hopeful that's a positive, what do you guys think? Hope the 2ww goes quickly for you Hun. How are you doing Ratgirl? xxxximage

• I'd say definitely positive honey, I got an identical stick on Friday, and confirmed with 2 CB digital tests with smileys (the original and dual hormone one). Test line should be same intensity or darker. Yay for you! You should get busy tonight and tomorrow!!

I've been testing since end of af as didn't want to miss it. They got progressively darker, positives on Friday and yesterday, and today got a bit lighter. Guess we can't confirm exactly when ov happens unless we temp as well, it's usually between 12-48 hours from first positive I think?

I saw the London concert orchestra play John Williams songs all night! Themes of Star Wars, Superman, Harry Potter, Jaws...made me feel cultured and fancy ๐Ÿ˜‚ And got in some bding ๐Ÿ˜‰

• Here is my first day positive on Fri, second positive on Sat and today's lighter one, surge over I guess. Had some cramps on Fri night and Sat morning. Hopefully good signs.