Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

1st time ttc, please help x

1235»

Replies

• Hi ladies,

Any news for anyone? I'm coming to the end of the 2ww and have done a cheap test and bfn. I think I'm 12 or 13 dpo. 

I tried an opk and the line is quite dark which is weird. 

Dies anyone know what this means? Af is due any day.

x

• Hello all, am new here :)

Reading your post made me want to comment as in a very similar situation. I stopped the pill at the beg of October after 9 years on it. My first cycle was a very long 52 days. currently on day 19 Of cycle 2. I've been testing since I stopped my period as I have no idea when I am likely to ovulate. so far I haven't had a poistive, some days very faint I can barely see it other days it's clearly there but no where near as dark as test line. 

since you've all been off the pill have you had positive ov tests? It would just be nice to know my body is starting to get back to normal after being on the pill so long. 

• Hi SL,

I came off the pill in september. my period came on the 11th November and I got a positive opk on 26th. This was the first one I had. It can take a while for things to get back to normal.

some women ovulate very late. Apparently it is best to test for ovulation in the afternoon.

hope this helps

• Hey Hull, I read somewhere that some women get an lh surge around af time? Keep testing though it could mean something! I haven't done an opk since ov time so I'm not sure. Fingers crossed for you and let us know how you go :)

I had a chemical pregnancy this month :( I started testing at 11dpo and tested positive (on like 6 different tests just to be sure), and then positive for the next 5 days, even on cb digitals, but the lines only got to a certain level of darkness before starting to fade...I'm 16dpo today and just waiting for AF to arrive now, I'm 3 days late. On the one hand it's nice to know that my dh and I are capable of it, but on the other hand it's really disappointing to to see it and get excited, only to have it go away! Oh well, I had a good cry on dh's shoulder yesterday, he was sad too but is really positive for the future which makes me feel better.

In my fertile window, we bd'd on cd 13, break on cd 14, then on cd 15 (day of my first positive opk), then cd 16 (which was ov day for me I felt sharp pains) and then cd 17 and 18.

Some of the symptoms I got were quite sore boobs which got less and an less and disappeared entirely as of yesterday, painful gas pains and a bit of acne (I dont normally get them with af). I was spotting a bit since 7dpo which I thought was implantation bleeding, but it stayed until a few days ago so it might have indicated or caused the chemical, not sure. Let's see what happens next cycle! 

Does anyone else have news? I hope you're all well! X

• Sorry to hear that apples x

• This is the darkest mine got before it started to fade everyday -

Hi SL - I was lucky enough to get positive opks since cycle 2. The best advice is to keep testing at the same time everyday ( I do it around 2pm) on at least a 4 hour hold. It will happen I'm sure! What opk tests do you use? It could be worthwhile to also monitor your cervical mucus as well, mine goes from watery to egg white consistency when ov is approaching :) 

• Hi apples :) 

I've been using one step opk and have been testing at the same time around 6 when I get home from work. I have been trying to monitor CM too however this cycle I've hardly had any so far. I am just hoping that as my last cycle was 52 days this one will be slightly shorter and I will just ovulate late and that's why I haven't had a positive yet. I will keep trying :) 

• Hi ladies! How are we all?

I'm hoping one of you might be able to offer some advice? My period is two days late... I've noticed a couple of drops of blood over the last few days, but they were literally drops. Been doing HPTs like they're going out of fashion, but all BFNs! Any idea what this can mean? I don't feel like Aunt Flo is on her way. Is it possible that I didn't ovulate this month and that's why I'm not getting a period? I'm scared my body is broken!

Any advice would be gratefully received!

Soph xxx

• I got some spotting a few days before she came. Are you usually on time every month?

I feel like mu body is broken every month! Had a 36 day cycle lsst month! 

Give it a few days x

• Hi Hull1!

It'll only be my third period off the pill so I'm not sure what is even normal! 

Glad someone else understands the feeling of being broken! All this waiting around is enough anyone mad! Grrrr!

• I'm on my second period after coming off the pill. Your body plays tricks on you I've learned. Your cycles are probably getting back to normal ans weird things happen!