Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

5 faint positives and now heavy bleeding

hey guys, I'm new to this and decided to give it a shot since I've been having problems and who better to talk to than other women trying to conceive or have been in the same position?! Back in Febuary I had a miscarraige at 5 weeks. My boyfriend and I had been trying for almost a year and I finally got pregnant. We were over the moon! Then, I started to get pink discharge and was told it could be implantation bleeding or the start of a miscarraige. I was super stressed not knowing. When it turned into brown, I went to an OBGYN and got my blood taken twice, two days apart so they could see if my levels were rising or falling. They called me with the bad news :( now, 8 months later, I felt odd and not like myself so I took a pregnancy test and it was a very faint line. Took 4 more and they were faint positives too. I was so happy to be pregnant again even if I was very early. But today I woke up with blood on the sheets and had been cramping all night. Like period cramps only more dull. I know it's another miscarraige. I just don't understand. I'm 23 and healthy and my partner is 28 and he's healthy too. There must be something wrong me, right? I just feel awful :( I'm so frustrated!! Has anyone else been through this?

Replies

• Hi hun,

I'm so sorry to hear about your mc. My mother had three miscarriages before healthy babies and it was because her hormone levels werent right. She did not have enough progesterone to maintain a pregnancy or something and had to take medication to correct it. Maybe you can ask your doctor for blood tests that check your hormone levels (not just the pregnancy hcg hormone)? There is also a 'ttc after miscarriage' thread on this forum that might help you. Good luck x

• So sorry for your losses Rosie:( I've had 5 miscarriages varying from 5 weeks to 12 weeks to 22weeks but I also have had 3 healthy babies so please don't loose hope:)

See your GP and ask for fertility blood tests thyroid function can cause miscarriages as well as progesterone being too low/ too much stress and hormonal imbalances! Also partners sperm can carry chromosomal problems it isn't necessarily just you or something you've done.

Im on a thread called ttc after a miscarriage part 10 there are many losses followed by many ladies with sucess stories:)

Hope you feel better soon

( do you have pictures of your positive pg tests to show GP) so you can prove you've had 2 miscarriages? You generally have to have had 3 consecutive mcgs before they refer you but I know some gps will after 2.

Good luck hope it's 3rd time lucky for you and a lovely BFP very soon xxx🍀