Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Ovulation Test Strips - Part 8

Replies

• Thanks Mrs T. AF has completely stopped now.... defs to the docs for me.... 

• You never know Tracy!! :)

How annoying for you Butterfly I do think that seems odd one day and brown instead of bleeding. Defo get checked out x

Mines heavier today medium flow so al good 😊 

Happy Sunday to all you ladies xxx

• Hey girls, looking for abbot of advice. iv been using they clearblue ovution tests With the smile face. Got a smile yesterday so we done it as planned and had done few days before.

i was reading on some of the chats that girls have noticed that if they test again even after ovulation they test stays smily and they are all getting bfp when comes to test time so the ovulation test are picking up they are pregnant very early on is this always the case? as mines had went back to an empty circle and yous all know how long two weeks can be lol don't want to lose hope already as tried everything this month! this has been a year or trying with two miss x 

• Once you have had your smiley face you are meant to stop testing as you have already reached your peak and won't get higjer until the next ovulation day.

some ladies say that if they are PG that an OV stick will be positive but some ladies don't. I always get a positive just before AF. OV sticks pick up on LH which is different to HCG. Don't torture yourself with OpKs as a sign of PG

It wouldn't happen that quickly anyway as implantation only happens from about 6dpo so dont worry :) and good luck :) 

• Yes it is true when ever I am pregnant I get a very strong opk but I've never used my clear blue to check as yet!

I also get a near positive opk as AF is due too but not as strong as when I was pg! 

My last pregnancy I got a positive ic pg test at 10dpo my opk I did at 13dpo and it was much stronger than the control line!!

Good luck xxx

ps not all ladies get a positive opk when preggers!! X

• thank girls, i suppose everyone is different. wish there was something that let you know earlier lol this 14 days feels like it's going to be forever lol x

• Tamara the time will soon fly :)xx

• Hey ladies.... have finally managed to get a doctors appointment this afternoon so hopefully get some answers about what's going on 

• That's great news Butterfly and push for tests!! Anyone over 35 ( and say you've been ttc for 6months) is entitled to fertility testing . Don't leave without a referral!! My hubby is getting swimmers tested soon too has an appt next week as I'm 39 and he's 40 things can go pear shaped with age:/ I had my little Max at 35 no problems then from 37 I seem to struggle I hate birthdays now 😖

Let us know how you get on:)

Tracy is your op going ahead hun?? What happened with AF?

Louise how you getting on?

Emma hope you are keeping well:)

Bones don't think you've been on for a while but your bump must be very nearly there?!!

• Yeah im well hope you all don't mind me still following you guys like to see your progress 😊 I'm counting down the days to go on maternity 😂 4 more pay days  woo haha 

• I have been off of BC since March last year so hopefully will be able to get tests no problem. The lady doc I am in with is absolutely fantastic so am really hopeful to get some answers :) 

• Hey mma thank you for asking yes my op went ahead :) I had bad side effects to the anesthetic but all went well they snipped it all out and all my bloods were normal yayyyyy I might be 45 but obviously my body dosnt want to act that age yet as its doing so well, :) I'm resting at home now not much blood wise mma and my af was due yesterday but its not started yet the only thing which was low was my testosterone dont no much bout that but junior doctor said they will test again in six weeks but thiers nothing to worry about she said, and they said polyp looked fine not suspicious but sending it off for tests so all looks good mma I cant wait to start trying I fell pg 8/10 weeks after last surgery same as this so I'm so excited hopefully it works :))xx

• Ahhhhhh Mrs T thats great news. Enjoy testing and daytime TV :) hopefully we will all be getting answers and be lucky before Xmas :) 

• Great Tracy:)

glad you are well Emma not too long haha

Im not too happy just done random opk cd5 and it's nearly positive:/ that can't be good I'm hoping it's a dodgy surge and I'll get my proper positive earliest at cd10 otherwise the egg will never be ripe!!image

Lines used to fade away to nothing with me but have fairly strong lines continuousl. Something to ask my fertility bloke next appt is Jan 12th after crimbo and a months break from Tamoxifen 

• You have strong lines early on Butterfly don't you?? I wonder why grrrr all this drives me nuts 😖

• Yeah I get them at AF... then strong lines until I get super postive at around CD12-14.... this month it was CD13... but then ran out of sticks and didnt bother getting any more as was stressing me out....

• Will have to see what happens!!

• Wish I could go back to just being blissfully unaware lol