Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Anyone else TTC#1?

Replies

• Hello everyone :) I am new to this thread :) I am also trying for #1. off pill in august ttc since october ;/ obviously my cycle started to go crazy since ttc, but this month it seems to be back to normal so I hope for 2017 be awesome year :D 

• Hi ladies me and my OH are ttc #1 I was convinced last night I was going to be pregnant af was a few days late but I had brown spotting4 days ago, my boobs hurt which I never get with af, and my feet and hands have been beyond itchy! Anyway this morning still no sign of af then 20 mins before lunch I needed the loo and there she was. 

i came off the pill in July/August time had a bfn in october as I was over a week late. It seems everyone I know is falling pregnant without trying and here I am with oh trying every time I'm ovulating. My cycle changed from 27-29 days though so how am I ever meant to track it? 

Oh seems to think weve been trying for ages (apparently July-December is ages! Men!) so is getting frustrated when I'm telling him af has arrived. Seriously in our house he gets the pmt not me! This month I tempted fate by buying opk but worked out I think im ovulating around our time off together so lots of time to dtd. 

Good luck ladies. Xxxx

• Laulau have you tried taking bbt? I was doing POAS however I ended up with 2 positives during my crazy cycle period=one that I was most wanting to fall pregnant :D because with opks which show you only LH surge it can be quite complicated as you can have the surge but no egg release ;) only temperature will confirm egg release for sure :) 

• I am so glad i came across this page, i am TTC with #1 i am 28 suffer from EDS, my husband and i have been trying for 6 months with no luck, i have friends around me and family that are now pregnant after a month or 2 of trying.

We are having fertility tests done with the doctors to see if there any problems. i was recommended to try seven seas trying to conceive, so day one of these little tablets lets see what happends

• Hello, trying for baby number 1 here since October, hopefully 2017 will be our year :) x

• Everness thats the option I was deciding on rather then opk. Opk leaflet seemed so complicated yet reading a thermometer seems so much easier! I think I will be trying that instead if I'm honest. Reading your reply I think helped confirm how easy it will be. 

I was diagnosed with epilepsy when I was 9 and with that came pubety i was told at 12-13  may struggle with fertility in my later life. (I had about 5 seizeures in all and been clear for 20 years!) Anyway skip forward to age 24 I get rushed to a&e doubled over with unbearable pains to only be told it's ovulation pain. (im pretty sure it wasnt!) and then a few more months of pains and utis I get scanned and told my ovaries are perfect so no worries there. Every month when af appears I can't help but think is there a problem with me that they couldn't pick up? Or am I over thinking again. 

Af throws up so many questions when ttc I actually feel like I'm constantly thinking about ttc or different things. 

Sorry this is a much longer reply then I planned xx

• Laulau - bbt is fine and easy to measure as long as you don't forget to do it before you get out of the bed every morning, however the temp can go higher on its own, as our bodies just love to make things more compicated. Regards your epilepsy as long as you feel free of seisures it should not be as bad regarding your fertility as it could. If you had yourself tested then you just need to wait and see how it goes. because you are only trying since summer it is still quite new for your body.. I also came off the pill in begining of august and my cycles were fine for 2 months and when we started trying in october my cycle just went crazy... so we just have to wait :/ doctors won't do anything in Uk unless you have been ttc 1 year, the only thing I got to know lately is that you can call your gp and have your blood tested for hormones on  CD21 to see if your hormones are normal after pill and everything. but it has to be cd21, or tha is what was told to me (I had yet no time to do it on cd 21 so maybe in January) I have a fibroid and it is not small not too big but I am still scared that that is what is not helping me get pregnant, I am quite young so it should not be a big problem but still...

• it all depends on which PCT you are part of, my sister in law was TTC for under a year and had testing and was prescribed clomid, she fell pregant with twins a few months later.

we have only been TTC for 7 months now and we have the testing underway to see if i am ovulating or not. 

i was told to go and see GP by my friend who is a midwife and said go and keep pushing them, and it worked for me to get tested with trying for under a year (we are UK based), DR is now looking at avenues that can be explored

i hope it all works for you 

• Lexie I am glad that it worked for you with pushing, but some of them are really strict about the 1 year it really depends, it is always worth pushing and see how it goes.. fingers crossed for you :)

• hi I did 2 tests one yesterday morning and another this morning and both came up positive yesterday's is very faint but you can tell that there are 2 lines and both tests and I'm now 6 days late on my period can anyone else tell me they see 2 lines on both??imageimage

• babyxox i can see two lines on them both as well, it looks positive to me :) that is wonderful news

• awww thank you haha I'm really excited now , got an appointment with the doctor at 2 so ill keep you updated:)))

• Everness, thatsts what I've been thinking too, I think over all bbt is going work out better for me as I'm awake every day at the same time for work and stay in bed for enough time to record it. Even went to tescos on my way home last night to get the thermometer. 

The epilespy seems so long ago that I don't think that's the issue I think I've been recording ovulation incorrect and thinking the pill is out my system when realistically Like you say it's only since the summer that we've been ttc. Think it all builds up monthly you hope and pray it's your month and when it's not you think it's something wrong with your body but in actual fact it's methods. At the moment I'm not thinking of doctors im willing to give it a few more months to see how we get on then I'll be looking at blood tests and pushing my doctor to help. Hope all works out with you too xx

• Babyxox I see two lines too :) exciting :))

laulau I am not even getting up all the time at the same time, I am trying but sometimes I can't, but I still have some idea about my cycle with bbt...

I understand that monthly sadness.. you are O'ving then BD and then just hope and when every month af arrives it makes me feel sad, that I am the one whose body is giving up on getting pg :/ but then I try to talk to myself that really it is just few months, I am off the pill crazy hormones, general stress with life.. it will work out eventually, it is true that you only get 30% chance of getting pg when you BD on your ovulation day.. so that are not big chances, so it takes some time... I hope 2017 will start amazingly with two lines :)

• yay thank you so happy I have an appointment with the midwife for January 

• That's exactly how I see it too everness Im only 29 so I know there's a lot my body's going through that it's never really hadthe chance to experience and then all of a sudden you're expecting to create a baby! No wonder we end up with emotional outbursts. Hopefully our bodies adjust and our 2017 starts as you say with 2 positive strips and no Af! Haha xxx

• laulau how long have you been on a pill for? I am only 22 :D and I was on pill for 5 years... I am now on cd2 so I really hope no 2017 AF showing up :D 

• I was on the pill for 6 years everness so my bosys used to not having to control itself as much as the last few months. Haha awww I Hope you do too! As jealous as I get about other women Im glad it's happening for others. 

• hi everyone I'm early on in my pregnancy and I know these pictures aren't nice but I'm just a little worried I've just noticed small bleeding is this normal??imageimage

• There are a lot of pregnant women that experience bleeding throughout their pregnancy. Some have implantation bleeding, some have low progesterone spotting, and some just spot throughout the entire thing. There's no way to tell for sure what is happening with your body unless you ask your doctor, but don't immediately think the worst. Stay positive and give your doc a call!