Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Anyone else TTC#1?

Replies

• My husband and I are in our second month of trying to conceive. He wants a girl, but we've kept everything just between us & Im a nurse in a severe dementia and Alzheimer facility and yesterday one of my patients looked at me and told me my little girl was coming soon! I had some light spotting a few days ago (hopefully implantation bleeding). Keep your fingers crossed for me ladies :)

• Evening and merry Christmas! Currently waiting for AF so we can have a go at TTC in the new year, although have been off the pill and DTD unprotected since July! (But avoiding predicted ovulation weeks...)

I'm currently late/on an odd long cycle... Have done a cheapie PT but it was negative yesterday so just waiting.... And it's driving me mad! image

• imagedoes anybody believe in implantation dips. Can u tell me what u see.?? Please help! I'm 13 dpo

• I started my period the day after Christmas... It was light at first but now it's heavy. It was way late still but i just don't know.. I'm really discouraged and frustrated. 

• Okay so now the bleeding stopped on the 24th and I had sex on the 25th and on the 26th, I was laughing and a little slippery blood came out and for a couple of hours, it was pink. It was bright red by the way. The same day, I took a pregnancy test and it came back negative. My period was suppose to come around Christmas time. Please help me.

• Hi everyone. 

This is my first post. It''s such a relief to see everyone is in the same position as me. I've been worrying like mad and can't stop googing every little symptom that may suggest I'm pregnant 😂 a test a week ago was negative! 

I stopped the mini pill on 23 rd November (6 weeks ago) and have not had any bleed or spotting yet. I was on cerazette. Me and my partner are TTC for the first time and I just want to know what's going on with my body. So frustrating! 

Me and

• Hello kelly :) welcome :) when you stopped pill it can take some time for your body to adjust to hormonal changes, I had normal period for 2 months and then my cycle went crazy, if you want to be committed to TTC the best way to know your cycle at least a bit is temping :) BBT every mornkng, you should have dip before ovulation and a temp rise after you ovulated, the temperature shoulf stay high until you get AF, however this only tells you that you O after, not before so combination with opks is the best as sometimes they can be positive as you can have LH surge and yet not release an egg, so you would see that better if you use bbt+opks :) hope this helps :) 

• I'm also new to all this!

Me and my husband are TTC, I've been taking the pill for about 6 years. I started my final pack on the 12th December but stopped 10 days in on the 22nd December. I had a withdrawal bleed on the 25th for about 4 days. When should I expect my first proper period? About 4 weeks from the first day of my WB or when I had my last WB whilst I was taking the pill? Ive had nothing yet. My body seems a bit all over the place (as expected), I've had a lot of lower abdominal cramping and lower back pain the last few days, as well as bad indigestion, sore nipples and gas (tmi). Is there a chance I could be pregnant or could it just be my body adapting to coming off the pill? I didn't think I'd ovulate this month as I came off mid pack, but maybe I have!

I need some of you knowledge ladies :)

• Hi I am also recently new to this.  I stopped my pill 7 weeks ago and was worried something was wrong because I had no period. Like you, this week I started to have sore boobs, sickness and belly was a bit funny. I did a test on Thursday and it was positive! Might be worth doing a test... I am still in shock at the moment. I thought it was going to take ages!  

• Hi everyone 

I'm new to this and it's the first time I've joined any forum at all.

I had my contraceptive implant removed in Feb 2016 and my cycle lengths since then have been as follows; 28,28,25,25,26,27,25,25,24,23. 

This is the first month we have been TTC Our first baby. I suffer with anxiety and can often just immediately jump to the worst conclusion about things so I've been convinced I won't ever be able to get pregnant etc etc. Anyway, 23 days in my cycle would have been Wednesday, and my period has not yet arrived (it's now Saturday). Earlier in the week around Monday and Tuesday I was feeling pretty nauseous. But I've taken pregnancy tests that say negative. I took one this morning that I think was meant to be quite a sensitive one (10ml sensitivity I believe!!) and still don't see any line at all. It's one of these tiny little strip ones.

I'm trying not to worry and tell myself that it doesnt mean something is wrong with me as 28 day cycle would mean period coming on Monday so maybe if I am pregnant it's just still not detectable but I can't help but panic that something is wrong with me cycle now!! Today will be 12 dpo. 

sorry for the essay! Any thoughts would be welcome! Thanks everyone :) 

if it's negative I'm at least pleased to have found a thread with people TTC baby number 1! :) 

• Try not to worry. I also suffer with anxiety and take anti depressants but it happened fine. I was also panicking really bad x

• Cngratulations Kelly and good luck to you Jo!

Maybe you're right, maybe it's worth me doing a test I just thought it might be too soon! I'll try and be patient for a week and see if anything occurs and go from there.

I agree Jo, try not to worry. We all have odd months sometimes that are longer or shorter, so I'd give it a few days and try not to over think anything yet! :) 

• I really thought this month was our month but turns out not. So in my unpregnant and disappointed state I've decided to try the clearblue opk. I've had none branded ones but couldn't get on with them. So now on month 6 of ttC#1. I feel like everything we're trying just isn't helping. I'm looking at a brilliant acupuncture theropist  I'm toying between seven sea conception or pregacare vitamins, the folic acid I'm taking doesn't seem to help. Any advise on these to help a bfp in the next few months would be much appeciated. Feeling helpless again and not helped everyone seems be having 2nd/3rd babies without even trying. 😔 

• Hello ladies!

I'm all new to this, been reading loads of forums about ttc (because I'm a huge symptom spotter!) and decided to finally join and start posting! I think it will be great to chat to others ttc#1 because I'm driving myself (and probably my husband!) absolutely crazy image

I came of the Cerazette pill three weeks ago, lots of pg symptoms but tests are always a bfn. Just frustrating now because I want to track but have no idea of where my cycle is! Had very very light spotting on Sunday but it's completely gone now, so not sure if it was an actual period? (they were really heavy before pill). Didn't even try to track ovulation to start with, as we were just going to take it nice and relaxed... yeah that's not worked out too well lol.

Looking forward to chatting with you all! image

• Hello all, 

I've been stalking a few threads recently and finally plucked up the courage to post! Me and DH are TTC#1 too, although he has a daughter from a previous relationship (I'm 33 and he's 34).

I finished the pill in November, had the withdrawal bleed and have had a normal period too. Started using opk last week just out of curiosity and got a surge Saturday but the line still wasn't dark enough for a positive, they've been negative (no line) since. Had all other symptoms of ovulation except ewcm. Cramping on left side, bloating, sore boobs and increased energy (which has dipped today) so I'm officially in 2ww but a little nervous I didn't actually ovulate because of lack of ewcm.....guess I'll find out in a couple of weeks 😊

I also braved cervix checking 🙊it was low, then high so guess that's another good sign! We've been DTD since Thursday until yesterday so wish me luck!! 

• Hi Ellabelle, 

I had lots of pg symptoms last month too. I had terrible cramping for days, sore boobs and heartburn. We only DTD once prior to this and I wasn't tracking ovulation buy had convinced myself I might have been lucky...I wasn't! I think our bodies just take a while to settle back down after the pill.

If I don't catch it this month I plan on taking temps to teach ovulation. I'm fascinated by it all at the moment! 

Good luck ttc 

• Test ovulation!! Although teaching it might help 😂

• Yes I'm just assuming everything is just 'settling symptoms' for now, it's just so frustrating not knowing!

Me too! Last week I bought a basal thermometer to track temps and opk so I'm more prepared for my next cycle. 

Thank you! Good luck to you too!

✨👶🏼✨

• Hi ladies I'm new to this , me and my partner have been ttc now around two years and i'v just recently started pregnacare conception as i'v read lots on good reviews about it really hoping it works , good luck to you all x

• Hi All!

I am new to this!

Ellabelle - I am in the same position as you! Stopped cerelle on 27th December, and I have not idea where my cycle is! It's annoying not knowing, but I guess I will just have to wait and see!

We have just started TTC our first baby, so fingers crossed!

I have noticed sore nipples since sunday, which is unusual for me, but I may just be trying to find symptoms - wishful thinking!

When do you think would be a good time to test?

xx