Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Anyone else TTC#1?

Replies

• Options

Thank you Ellabelle! 

• Options

Hi boobie19

Do you have any idea when you might have ovulated? Apparently 12-16 days after is when af is due and many seem to test from 10dpo onwards. 

I've been getting strong, sharp pulling cramps today so hoping that's a good sign (although I know too early for of symptoms)! Only 12 days to go till I can test! Lol 

• Options

Hey Girls,

We are also ttc baby 1, we have been trying for a year now... just thought id share my experience with coming off the pill.. So i came of the pill 15th dec 2015 after 5 years and my cycles have remained regular apart from slowly extending from 28 days to 32 days. For the 1st 6 months my symptoms pointed to pregnancy every month, including nausea and actually being sick, cramping, sore veiny boobs, fatigue - you name it i got it but it happened to just be my body getting used to the hormones etc... I started to get peak opk in august and have done since but have stopped doing them now as trying not to put so much stress on it...  however i noticed last month that i wasn't really  getting ewcm so this cycle i have been taking 1000mg EPO twice daily and this month i had loads.. i have now switched to flaxseed for the 2ww.

Angus cactus has a lot of reviews for regulating cycles maybe for you girls that are struggling with regular cycles should look it up.

So yeah that's my journey so far, a lot of emotions and i have got to the point of complete frustration plenty of times but it will happen when it happens... try to relax and enjoy the journey - that's the biggest lesson i have learned this past year, dont let it consume you and enjoy spending the time with your oh as when we do get our BFP our lives will change forever!

Sending you all lots of love, hope and baby dust!

xxx 

• Options

Thanks Danielle, that makes perfect sense. After last month of thinking I might be, I decided that I would ignore any symptoms and only test if af was late. 

Me and DH have been giggling loads about it all as BD for babies just isn't the same! We've agreed to do what we need to over ovulation and then just let nature take its course but I am keen to make sure I'm ovulating so will start temping next month if no BFP this month. 

I'm sorry to hear it's taken so long for your hormones to settle down but sending lots of baby dust back your way!! Xx

• Options

Thanks for the reply SDA17.

I stopped my pill mid-pack after being on it for 8 years. Last AF was about 2-3 years ago, so I have no idea where my cycle is! No AF since stopping pill on 27 December, and I have no idea when I would have ovulated!

Feeling a bit lost!

xx

• Options

Boobie that's totally normal u will come on. When I stopped mini pill first time round j came on immediately and it was regular. When I stopped it tips time I didn't have a period for 2 months then it all went bk to normal xxx been ttc for 9 months now x

• Options

Boobie, being new to this myself I'm a little unsure what to advise but maybe temping would help you know if you're ovulating as you wouldn't know when to do opks....either that or take the tests for a longer period to try and get a feel for it. 

Susiegirl, are you ovulating? I often wonder why it takes so long when you're body is functioning how it should be. I hope you get your BFP soon 😊

Baby dust to you all! Xx 

• Options

Yes hun I've had all fertility tests and a scan and I am all good and working just fine. My periods are bang on time like clockwork and I am ovulating my bloods came bk showing progesterone and all normal. I caught my fertile window this month as well. It's so frustrating isn't it xxx 

• Options

Our bodies are incredibly strange things! I'm pleased things are all OK for you though 😊

What stage are you at now? Xx

• Options

Hello, so sorry to hear about mc x 

Me and my female partner of 5 years are ttc, we are on our 8th cycle and it's starting to feel like it will never happen. My partners cycles can be 26/27/28 days.Over the last 4 months we have been using CBFM and it's very good we did because we were insem on CD 14/15 and 16 and have since realised they are CD 9-12/13 so we had been doing it after she had ovulated each time. We have insem cd8,10,11,13 this cycle and now on cd14, feel like we should do it again but I want to give our donor a 'break' lol... May I join you lot in the wait for bfp :-)

• Options

all these posts are a great source of information, we have been ttc since may last year and nothing pill regulated everything and then coming off it i can go 6/8/12 weeks before periods arrive, they are not regular anymore.

i pushed DR for the blood tests and get 1st set of results back this afternoon so have to see what they say

• Options

Hi Everyone image

Also TTC for the first time. I'm 32 and the OH is 39. Came off the pill September after being on it for 10 years. Think my periods are still adjusting. i had spotting on the last 2 for a couple days and then full on then stopped then came on again, just under 28days cycle at the moment altho I am currently awaiting AF to arrive for this month. I have had spotting but no AF yet! 

Bit of background because i like to share image When i was 18 i had one of my ovaries removed due to having a very large cyst on it, i had the ovary and the fallopian tube taken out. My OH had Testicular Cancer so had one of his men removed. i always say its fate though as now we make a pair. Makes me a little nervous now though as to whether we can conceive naturally but i suppose it will happen when it happens.

Loving the babydust so will spread it round for you girls xx

• Options

Hello to everyone new! Sounds like a tough journey for some of you so I hope everyone gets thein BFP soon. 

I had a strange thing happen today...I said I would let nature take its course but then something happens and here I am, symptom spotting....

When I went to the loo earlier I had a faint brown spot, later when I went again the cm ws yellow (sorry TMI!). I had sharp pulling pains yesterday and have had cramps today but much lower than normal and then on my way home from work I got really sick and sleepy, I've been tired for a few days but figured it was too early to be related. Anyone think this could be a sign of implantation? BBs aren't hurting much but do feel a little tingly?? I'm only 5DPO ( if I Ov when I thought I did!)

• Options

I'm due on today. Negative preggers test. Still waiting on period. It was convinced I wud wake up in the red lol. Xxx

• Options

I have everything crossed for you Susiegirl! 

Keep us posted xx

• Options

Fingers crossed for you susigirlygirl as well

i am late by 10 days but all tests negative 

• Options

Keeping fingers crossed for all of you ladies! I'm so desperate for a BFP this month, so convinced that I'm never gonna get pregnant or that something will be wrong with me or hubby. It's such a stressful time! X

• Options

Stay positive Jo0208! It will happen xx

• Options

Just been told that i might have pcos so being sent for more tests to see if that the reason we are having problems ttc 

• Options

Fingers crossed its not Lexie88! Good luck xx