Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

How do you cope?

Replies

• Options

Yeah same haha. I was happy to find I want alone...

• Options

Wasn't *

• Options

Yeah will let you know.

Yeah in no use with positive tests still waiting what I've decided to do is to test no earlier than af to make sure it would be true positive and to stop myself getting upset

• Options

Yes that's my thinking too... Easier said than done though... I have a week till af but constantly thinking about it! Haha

• Options

Me too sjw17 I'll be busy then all of a sudden the thought just comes in my mind when when when. Another week for me too I think

• Options

Oh looks like we have similar time scales. I was getting bad for testing so my oh told me to stop as we keep expecting a negative 

• Options

It's so hard though right! I'm 9dpo now and af due in 6 days... 

• Options

So got results had progestrone of 25 when normal is 30 but wants to repeat as had blood test a day late due to the bank holidays. And oh has been asked to do a sperm test. 

Don't know if because my progestrone is that low means pregnancy is out of the question this month

• Options

I'm not sure that means is out of the question! I was told anything over 20 is good (my friend had a 2 so that wasn't great for her but she still got pregnant naturally). My oh will have to do a sperm test if we're not pregnant this month too. I'd say 25 is good from what I've heard but I'm not a doctor x

• Options

Aw thank you made me feel better doctor didnt seem concerned but just go us worrying. So we now have waiting game see if we get pregnant or see her again next month 

• Options

Yup exactly the same... And I'm analysing every twinge hahah

• Options

@j and k sorry to jump in, but I remember reading on another post that you only Bd on the day of the positive and then the few days afterwards.... did you know that you're meant to do it in the days leading up to the positive and then the day of and day after? If you are waiting until you get your pos you might be missing the egg, as once OV has happened the egg only lives between 12-24 hours and there need to be  sperm in there? 

Sorry if telling you something you already know, but it sounds like you have trying a long time and if you are doing the deed on the wrong days, that may be why.... x

• Options

Yeah I do that. I bd every other day up until positive opk and the 3 days in a row and then back to doing it everyother day. We've tried all sorts of differnt times over various months. Thanks though.

• Options

Sjw17 Yeah me too haven't been to bad with symptom spotting this month just getting fed up with it not happening but trying to stay positive.  Have you had many symptoms? 

• Options

Well I thought I was having a few twinges and sore boobs but then also today had a little bit of blood which is the right time for implantation bleeding... Trying not to get my hopes up! 

• Options

Well that does sound promising if its not the normal.

Weird this month usually have loads of symptoms 

• Options

It's always tricky every month until af comes and then disappointment, fingers crossed for us all. I am told it will happen when the time is right but I plan on doing all in my power to help it. 

• Options

Yeah really is doesnt help im going google crazy today about the meaning of proestrogen results. Hopefully we will all be seeing in the new year with a little surprise!

• Options

Aaaw I really hope we are! I have had almost a year of really weird cycles and then two regular length ones before this one so I do feel as though things were settling down (after coming off bc). I haven't had spotting this early before but it was literally just one wipe and then nothing (but am getting little twingey type pains).it all seems new to me but then like I say, I didn't have a regular cycle for ages so still getting used to my body really! Fingers crossed for us all! 

• Options

All sounds very promising fingers crossed for you! I'd hold off testing though dont want to get yourself disheartened :)