Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Mini pill - returning cycle and symptoms??

Replies

• mum in your exact shoes right now! were you pregnant? 

• Ive been off the pill since 31st and not even a drop of blood

was on cerazette for 8 years

3 negative tests

driving me crazy xx

• I was one of the main posters on the first page of this thread from last year - apparently still have notifications on!

It was SUCH a frustrating time!! To sum up my experience I came off cerazette end of Dec 2016 after being on it for 10 years on and off, had alllll the pregnancy symptoms then spotting about three weeks later and wondered if I was pregnant - I wasn’t. Then had proper periods mid February and mid March (went right back into 28 day cycle) then got pregnant end of March and now have a healthy happy 2 month old baby girl. 😄❤️ 

So yeah, it’s just a wait and see thing unfortunately if you’ve not had a proper period yet. If you’ve had a proper period and are late now I’d say it‘s quite likely you’re pregnant. Good luck to you all, hope you get the results you want! x

• When I came off the mini pill I had a withdrawal bleed straight away does this mean I am possibly pregnant do you think? my son has just turned one, don't fancy having two under two🙈😂

• So would you suggest just waiting or going docs? Im not even sure what the docs can do/say x

• I am so pleased to have found this thread. I came off cerelle a week ago yesterday, and honestly I feel rubbish. My symptoms are:

- cramps

- bloating

- aching back and legs

- nausea

- headaches

- not sleeping well and I am boiling at night

- just generally unusual

Started to feel a bit worried, but so pleased that it seems relatively common when coming off the mini pill. I am also having light brown discharge but not enough to have to wear a towel. For those of you who have gone through this, are you able to share your experience of how long these symptoms lasted?

• what do you think about mY test? It showed up slightly after the time limit but my friends and fiancé say they see a slightlt pink line. AF is 9 days late (normally doesn't go past three). Do you think it's BFP or BFN? image

• Yeah i can see a slight line too xx

• Hello all.

Obviously I know this is an old thread now but was hoping somebody could shed some light for me please?

I came off the mini pill half way through my pack 5 weeks ago now but getting very disheartned. I've had no withdrawl bleed yet but had some horrible symptons, I've done two tests which I know I shouldn't and they were negative!

How long did it all take you to get a proper bleed please?

I know I sound like an impatient nut job but I can't help it

Thanks

:-)

• Mine came 5 weeks to the day, so don’t be disheartened yet, it seems like it can take a couple of months if not more. I’m very sad that I’m having to have my awful periods again, but it will hopefully be worth it! I should mention ive had 3 cycles so far, the first being 28 days then 28 and then 24, I used to have 35 days. I’m wondering if it will calm down. Good luck! 

• Thanks for replying hun! 

That's given me some hope then.

Were you on the mini pill for long?

Good luck to you too x 

• Hi guys looking for some advice I was on the depo injection for 2 years then after the last 2 gave me nothing but trouble bleeding for a month or so each time I decided to go on to the pill was given Cerazette which I took for 6 month came off it on the 6th still no withdrawal bleed I was wondering has anyone ever change contraception method lik I had to before trying to conceive as that's what I'm hoping to do hopefully want to be preggers by Christmas 😀 any advice helpful I know it's an old thread xx

• Just to add I'm a mother of 2 and I'm aged 31 and never taken contraception methods before I started injections

• Hi Kimmy, not sure if this helps but I changed from the combined pill to the mini and then came off the mini and it took about 6 weeks to get a proper bleed. 

Considering you have had two children I think you will be ok so good luck 🙂

Can I ask how long it took for you to get pregnant with your first two? I'm coming up to my fertile period and been trying for 3 cycles and so desperate for a family! Will be my first baby xxx 

• With my first I was only 18 so happened straight away and same with 2nd at 24 as was on nothing I knew withing a few weeks had caught as he was planned and was ovulating when ex partner had visited from out of town so was our luck hope you catch soon, I had sex 5 days after coming of the pill n feel bloted in lower tummy n headaches is this just a side affect from coming off the pill. Thanx 

• Yes hun, I had terrible pains, dizziness and feeling unwell, periods are a lot worse for me too! Good luck xx

• Hey 

I’m really hoping someone can help. I stopped the mini pill straight after sex last Sunday and I’m really confused I’ve had so many different symptoms but today (10 days later) I’ve had very light spotting for only a few hours and cramping in my stomach. Could this be implantation bleeding or the start of a light period due to the pill? It’s driving me mad not knowing if i could be pregnant or if it’s just my body reacting to stopping the pill. 

• I've had no bleeding n stopped 8 days ago jess but had slight cramping n bottom of tummy looks bloated swollen n had sex few time is very confusing isn't it I never had implantation bleeds with any of my kids x

• Oh really! Thanks for reply it’s awful all this waiting. I’ve never had kids so i don’t have anything to compare it to. The bleeding has completley stopped Which I’ve never had anything like that before and my lower back had been aching for days. I felt like i have all the symptoms of starting a period for the past 5/6 days but yet nothing 😞 I hope we get some answers soon X 

• I think you have to have a withdrawal bleed first before you start ovulating

i came off the pill 31st december and didnt have my first bleed till 26th march 

x