Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

Mini pill - returning cycle and symptoms??

Replies

• Yeh all very confusing but not sure u have to have a withdrawal bleed to get preggers tbh what about these people who forget one or two n fall preggers think it's just because everyone's body is different I've had a dull ache in my lower tummy n back for good fews day now and bloated which has made me put half a pound on at slimming World after a good week food wise 😣 x

• whens af due?

have you done a test x

• No idea when she is due tbh was on the injection for 2 years then the mini pill for 6 month so guessing body is going to take a while to sort its self out n symptoms I'm having similar to pregnancy are to do with coming off the pill it's a waiting game I think now even tho I'm very impatient lol x

• Good luck everyone! I'm still trying, fertile period coming up so decided to buy a clearblue ovulation test, has anybody else tried this? 

How's slimming world going Kimmy? I'm a target member, so if you need any help I can xx

• hello,

im having a nightmare coming off the cerazette. 

I stopped the pill on 21st July. We had sex a few times over the following 2 weeks then my boobs started to hurt like mad. They're growing (filling out) and are sore every day no matter what's bra I wear - to the point I've needed to take pain killers. I'm also really bloated, windy, needing to wee more often, strange feelings in my lower tummy and the odd cramp. Sex is now painful (NEVER HAD THAT ☹️) and causes massive cramping. 

I feel pregnant - but all tests are coming up as negative. I've been having these symptoms for 10-12 days now and occasionally feel nauseous and dizzy. 

Did anyone else get this coming off? I was only on for 10 months. 

• I would just go to the doctors if it were me just to make sure 

• Yeh I would go docs if had alot of pain I've been off pill now nearly 2 weeks no bleed of any kind but I'm sure I'm ovulating I'm not sure if I am or just body adjusting anyone else experience same thing. 

• Think it's your body adjusting, I felt similar when I first came off the pill and took 6 weeks for my periods to come back 

• Well ive started bleeding today so I guess that's my answer. Will make it actually easier to try next month with some reference of dates!

Good luck all!

• Exactly! I never smiled so much when that period came lol and now I'm miserable when I bleed each month lol 

• Seems to be spotting- will just have to wait and see if it gets heavie. 

At least I know I'm not going back on it ever again now - never had anything like this after the implant x

• Any updates about how people are getting on. I'm now 3 weeks since I came off my pill still no period but sure I have ovulate which I'm confused about last few days boobs have been hurting like mad started with a day of my nipples being very very sensitive now hurt to touch and been tired I'm so confused with all these symptoms driving me mad x

• Maybe do a test? I have just ovulated a couple of days ago so will see, it's my 4th cycle x

• Had a period 31 days after coming off the pill after the above symptoms and being convinced I was pregnant. 

Trying this cycle now !! 

• So I thought I would join this thread as it seems we have a few people on here that I have something in common with.

I have been on Cerelle for as long as I can remember, never had a bleed whilst on this pill.

I am 2 weeks into not taking this pill, I've had all sorts of symptoms, sore boobs, nausea, food aversion, weird metallic taste in my mouth the lot. I've not had a withdrawal bleed or my first AF. I've been jumping on my partner pretty much every 3 days since being off the pill. What are the chances of catching 1st time? How long did people wait for their 1st bleed? How long did it take for people to catch after stopping this pill. 

I'm hoping to be lucky, but can't see it. 

Wishing you all every success in TTC and sending loads of baby dust to you all.

Thanks

• Aww that's a nice reply! Took me 6 weeks to get my period but was irregular for a month or two. Had the same symptoms as you for the first few weeks after coming off the pill.

Currently on cycle 4.

Good luck hun xx

• Hi everyone 👋

just discovered this thread - I’m in the same boat! Came off cera beginning of August...still waiting for any bleeding. I was on the combined pill before I had my son but came off it a couple of months before TTC and fell pregnant with him the first month of trying. So was very relaxed about this time but hadn’t realised how different the mini pill is! I was reading last night that it actually thins your uterine lining so you can’t get pregnant, where as the combined one stops you ovulating, so I guess it may take a few months for everything to build up back to normal?

• Hey tkd, ive came off the combined pill at start of june and have pretty long cycles 1st monday cd 52 and this one im cd 35 today and still no AF so this is gna be a long cycle for me again. Everyone not wanting there AF were i actually do to start over again. My 1st child i fell pregnant straight away! So was relaxed abt tryin again and now i am freaking out as i am having these irregular cycles :( and dont when they r going to go back to normal now xx

• I think everyone reacts differently to it from what I've read. 

I went straight into cycle but had the most horrific 'symptoms'. I'm coming up to ovulation so it's fingers crossed at the moment. 

Good luck all x

• Patty I can totally relate!! Jsp it definately seems everyone it different - good luck!