Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

TTC with no periods...need advice

hi all. first time posting here and need some help. My husband and I decided last year to TTC so I came off microgynon after 5 years.i had a withdrawal and nothing since. Has been 11 months now.went to GP who said don't worry until after 1 year with no period.cant help but worry. We live in UK so gps not keen to spend money on referrals.got my bloods done and all normal.had PCOS ruled out when I was younger for irregular periods. Have been doing ovulation tests for 7 weeks now with no hint of a line and started to research clomid. Was looking advice... will my GP take me seriously?should I go privately if they don't?  Is it too soon? Should I push for it? any other explanations? Any advice appreciated.

Replies

• Hey, i would ask for a second opinion maybe a different gp at the surgery? My gp did bloods after 6 months without AF and found i had raised prolactin levels (a hormone that affects your cycle and ovulation) worth a check. It's easy to say try not to worry but hard to do I know but I think you should push for some help, 11 months is too long without a cycle or answer. I would just book in with a different gp at your practice for a second opinion if you can, if not then look into different options. Hope you get some answers soon xx

• Thanks Becky. I'll try that. Had my prolactin levels checked and all was fine but may be worth looking into again as that was almost 6 months ago.

• Thats ok happy to try and help. Prolactin is one option but it's definitely worth pushing for some answers and a more understanding gp. Good luck, hope you get some answers soon xx