Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Negative tests but symptoms :( Looking for someone to chat to

Hello everyone! 

Hoping someone can shed some light or has had a similar experience to me. 

I last had my period on the 11th January, I then had some spotting after I ovulated. For the last few weeks I have had several symptoms: nausea, stomach pains, sleepiness ( and not being able to sleep), wanting to eat and drink everything in sight and back ache, along with others . 

I have done two pregnancy tests and both were negative :( but then the symptoms have continued and got stronger , I have felt so bloated constantly. 

I went to the doctors today and they did a test which was also negative, she said im having these symptoms because I'm now over two weeks late, nothing else was said. 

I will now be on day 44 of my cycle, my usual is around 28 (latest was 35). 

Any help or advice would be very much appreciated :) xxx

Replies

• hi lauralauke,still here with you,am currently 8days late with a few symptoms the most bothering is numbness and tingling in my left thigh and leg,i last tested on 3 days of missed period decided to wait until i miss my next period then see a doctor,though i have been reading a number of related posts and a number of women never got bfps until they were months late,and others only found out with U/S,maybe your hcg levels are low,i would advice you to keep testing once a week or go for blood work. fx and baby dust to you.

• Hello lovely! I can't get back on our thread for some reason :( 

fingers crossed for you too! I'm going to wait for my next period too, to see if I miss it then that'll be 8 weeks since my last period. 

Hate that my body is playing these cruel tricks on me, I could have cried today in the doctors when she said it was negative, felt like screaming , then why is my body acting like it is?! 😫 lol 

baby dust back to you! 💗 x

• sorry hun, i can feel your pain because am going through the same thing but one  thing that keeps me strong, i believe if it is my time,it is going to be,if i am pregnant  by all means i will get to know. i will keep testing once a week and i will be updating you.xx

• That is true I keep thinking if it's meant to be it will be just so hard to keep positive 💗 suppose it will make it all that more special when it does 💗 

yes please keep me updated :) I will be testing again in a couple of weeks when my next period is due. Lots of baby dust to you lovely xxxxx

• Hey, I feel your pain, I've been trying to keep positive myself and try not to symptom spot but I still find myself constantly searching symptoms... I'm now 4 days late which is so really odd for me my af always comes on the same day but this month it hasn't and I don't feel it coming either, negative tests, it's hard to stay positive when all you see is negative x

• Hi Laura,af has showed up today, not my month.fingers and toes crossed for you.Dont lose hope until you get bfp or until af shows up.xx

• ️️Awwh no Maflower! Fingers crossed for you for next month 💗 

rhank you for that I will keep keeping everything crossed until I cant anymore 💗 

you're right emj it's so hard especially when the doctor has said its a negative, you kind of think well they have to be right :/ but im over two weeks late now! what symptoms have you had? Xxxx