Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Help! I think I'm pregnant but not 100% sure

imageimage

Hey everyone! 

I really hope someone has some advice... Im not quite sure wether to be celebrating or not which makes this so hard! 

My husband and I are trying to conceive, I ovulated about 2 weeks ago. And i just had a feeling I was pregnant so although I shouldn't have, I started taking tests really early. So last Tuesday, 2 days ago I took a test and it came up with a really faint positive! I was relieved but a bit confused and wasn't sure what to do. I also had mild cramps. The next day I woke up with awful cramps so I took another test and again the line was faint :( so then I went to the doctors and she said I had nothing to worry about with the cramps. She congratulated  and told me to be patient and wait till after my missed period to do another test. 

I am normally like clockwork, today I would normally have one tiny bit of spotting and then come on tomorrow. All day I have had horrible cramps and I have been spotting. its mostly brown (sorry tmi!) I rung the early pregnancy unit and they said to just monitor it and that if it's brown and in small quantities at a time it should be fine. 

question is- am I pregnant or not!? I'm going to do another test if I don't have a full period tomorrow. I guess I'm scared that tomorrow will come and I will have a full blown period. Which I'm guessing means a misscarriage. 😞 

The cramping is really like I'm on my period. I asked a friend and she said she had been cramping a lot in the early stages but I guess it feels so much worse when it's you. And with the spotting I just feel so confused. Every medical person I talk to seems to think it's quite normal but then I google and just the worse comes up. 

Hopig this community will help me! 

Attached is the faint line pregnancy test. 

Thank you so much in advance!! 

Replies

• Options

Oh huni I feel your pain. I am in almost the same situation! I really hope you are, the tests look good! 

A friend of mine said her preg symptoms were almost the same as af, but she never came, and early spotting is common. 

Today I am due at, she isn't here... yet! This morning I took a clear blue and here are my results.. top is unedited, bottom is filtered, what do you think? image

• Options

Ah, nice to know I'm not the only one!! 

i don't know if it's because I'm overly sensitive, when I ovulate I have the worst ovulation pains for at least 4 days... so I don't know if this just feels worse than it is! But the cramps are pretty consistent and dull ache like a period - plus sensation like trapped gas- oh how women have it eh!! 

i would say that yours is a definite line! My doctor said any line there is a pregnancy, just means items earlier and need to wait a few days to test again. Especially if your af hasnt come! I'd say try again tomorrow first thing or maybe wait 2 days to avoid the faint lines twice in a row! It can be disheartening. 

Fingers crossed for you! Keep me updated :)

• Options

I know, aren't we the lucky ones aye? I honesty symptom Hunt and drive myself insane, but reading other stories puts my mind at east that I'm not the only one. 

always bang on time af, only ever been late once whilst I have been tracking cycles (that was by 2 days). Just keep expecting for her to show up! 

Im just concerned its an evap line, as read so many stories. Will def test again tomorrow, I'm so impatient I know I won't be able to wait. 

When are are you going to test again? Just looked at your picture again,  They def look good.  Keep me posted :-) xx

• Options

Yeh same I am normally bang on time! I stopped the pill nearly 4 months ago and my af has been spot on everytime since. I've never had spotting and cramping like this before. 

the only positive I can take from it is that at least I know I can get pregnant ! I guess even if it is a missed... still horrible to think though 😞 

ill definitely let you know.. i think if I stop spotting tomorrow then I might do a test Saturday morning. Im dreading doing another test! Doc said should do it on Monday really when period would normally be over but not sure I could wait that long! 

How long did you wait till you looked at it? Evap line I think can only really happen if you've left the test out too long and then check it. As long as you looked at it within the 3 minutes and that's how it was then it shouldnt be. But no harm in trying tomorrow morning! 

Xx

• Options

I suppose that because your symptoms are different then that might be a glimpse of hope, fingers crossed you get your BFP!

The waiting game is so hard. I was impatient and looked at it after about 20/30 seconds, put it back in the box thinking oh great another BFN... 

started doing my make up, and thought 'hmm better just check' and then I could see the faint line.. so I would say between 4/5 mins I could see it.. x