Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

My story so far...

Hi ladies! I just thought I'd share my story so far in TTC, just so I can attempt to help those going through the rounds of failed cycles, m/c and chemical pregnancies. My story isn't over yet, but hopefully I will update you daily on my goings-on.

So... I've been actively TTC with my partner for over 2 years now, every month is BFN BFN BFN... sometimes the occasional squinter but nothing ever came of it, previous to this I'd had a son in 2010 who is now healthy and thriving as a 7 year old, after this I suffered a m/c on 14/11/11 and another on 28/04/13, It was only very early for both and I m/c on the same day I got my positive (14/11/11), and the second one (28/04/13) just a few days later on 02/05/13. Back in those times I wasn't TTC as I was in a failed and violent relationship, after my second m/c I finally had the guts to walk away and found my true love (my childhood sweetheart!!) in December 2013 after meeting each other again it was definitely love - he asked me to be with him on 25/01/14.
So... I now bring you to last month, after my period (9/03/17) me and DP had had seriously quite enough of TTC... we gave up and I was hysterical about it, we missed my O (fertile) window and I never had any hope at all, the day before my period was due again I experienced some orange bitty ewcm, not normal for me but a day later (8/04/17) I began to bleed lightly (usually full blown heavy as soon as I start with horrid cramps in my right side of my groin) and only had some delicate cramping in the centre a couple of inches below my belly button, the cramps lasted 2 days, usually they only last a couple of hours when I start, the actual 'bleed' only lasted 3 days as opposed to my usual 7-9 days!... I began to notice that something was different on CD3 when I noticed my tummy muscles were pretty sore after the cramps and my period had stopped by 8pm. The next day (CD4 - 11/04/17) I had severe diarrhoea and some normal menstrual cramping which led on to me having some really light pink spotting when I wiped, my boobs started hurting a little again but felt fine when touched, my upper belly was really crampy near my ribs and then I had a blob of dark red-brown cm on my pantyliner, everything stopped after that for the rest of the day... CD5 - I noticed my bbs were a little sorer again, I kept feeling a tingly sensation in my pelvis and some lower back twinges, even experienced a fluttering foo!! CD6 - I experienced small cramps in my pelvis, my mouth started tasting funny, I felt a little sicky when I woke up and had a bad belly again in the PM, after this I had pain in my right side of my pelvis all night accompanied by a tingly pelvis again and fluttery foo! wtf is going on!? lol!!
CD7 - I noticed I started getting really bad overproduction of saliva - almost like just before you're sick, my boobs were a little more painful again, this time even when I lightly squeezed the top of them, I had more cramping, a headache, stuffy nose, tingly pelvis again and fluttery foo again!! Not to mention diarrhoea and bad belly AGAIN!
CD8- Same as the day before.
CD9- Same as the past 2 days just with a tiny dot of pink cm on my pantyliner.
CD10- And again!
CD11- All the same again but this time I had ewcm, cervix was tightly closed!
CD12- Cramping again and I thought I was ovulating due to ewcm, but my cervix was closed again!
CD13- Same as previous days.
CD14- Positive pregnancy test!! VERY VERY faint but there!  image Even DP see's it and he never sees anything I do lol!!!
Cervix had 'turned into a ball' compared to how it would usually feel and tightly closed.
Excessive saliva still, abundance of wet creamy cm, dull armpit pain and shooting pains in boobs as well as the usual bruised/sore pain. Cramps in my pelvis again and my lower back felt really tight, tingly pelvis again and aching legs and hips. I was supposed to ovulate today!!!
CD15- Faint BFP again, different test. Medium cramps across whole of pelvis in PM and felt sooooo sick at 9pm I had to go stand at the window for a few minutes.
CD16- Vivid dreams! Thrush like symptoms (itching feeling), super sore, heavy feeling foo, boobs KILL feel really bruised, but barely any cramps today. BFN on same test as yesterday. Napped for 3 and a half hours, DP couldn't wake me up and had to make DS dinner etc for me I was that out of it! CM turned really bitty and dry.
CD17 (Today) - Crazzzzzzy vivid dreams, sore foo again, can't stop pooping! CM is really bitty and dry again, swollen vulva, boobs are reallllllllly extra painful now to the point it hurts all over my chest, they feel soooo heavy, still have excessive saliva and cervix is still tightly shut into a ball. My back really hurts all over and I gagged about 20 times this morning when I was bending down making my sons bed lol!! I had to pee in a pot this AM as I had no tests, come back from shop about 3 hours after peeing in a pot, dipped test... vvvvvvvvvvfbfp like a proper squinter!! :(

Not sure whats going on yet but I have a dr appointment tomorrow which I scheduled a month ago (luckily!!! how mad is that!!) so will update as I go along, treating myself as I am definitely preg unless I'm told otherwise, my DP is too, he's completely sure I am.
The only thing is, I have no idea when this baby implanted or anything but going by my lmp that was normal I'd be 6w4d, or going by my last bleed entirely I would only be 2w2d! I think the latter is more believable going by the tests!
We'll see!!

Baby dust to all!! :D<3

Replies

• image The actual photo of my first BFP this cycle! (I used the wrong photo!!! The one I used in my original post was smu the same day) :) xx

• I can see a very faint line on the 1st photo!!! I would treat myself as pregnant too if I was in your shoes!!! Let us know how the doctor goes! Excited to hear as I hollowed your post last time! Good luck and lots and lots and lots of baby dust!!!! Xx

• Thanks for your reply Cheryl :) I've got my fingers crossed for tomorrow! I will update when I get back from the doctors! Ohhh good :) I'm glad someone's following my story! I'm trying my best to help others! Thanks for the luck and baby dust same to you too sweety <3 xxx

image This is this PMs after 3 minutes, I abstained from anything to drink except for sips of water for 3 hours and had an hours nap (I look like a zombie :'()

its definitely fainter, hoping tomorrow's fmu is darker so I can take it with me to show the doctor and hopefully go for some bloods etc! xxx

• The dye is lighter in this one too for some reason so I'm hoping that could be a reason why it's lighter xxx

• My nipples are getting darker by a couple of shades today!! Not sure if this will stay because I've had my nipples change colour before but I also have noticed complete road map veins all over them too today!! :-O and now when my back hurts it makes me nauseous! xxx

• Yeah I know some pink dye tests are lighter than others. It baffles me haha. Yes fingers and toes crossed for you both tomorrow

Also try to remember that sometimes your bloods won't come back positive until so many days past ovulation! I found website let me get the link for you xx

• imageimage I had this result at 8dpo but it came up after 8 mins and although it within the 10 mins time frame I'm still being a bit skeptical as it could be evap. Will take again on Thursday which will be 15dpo and a day late on my period! We shall see

• That's out of the case because my 3 year old got hold of it and decided to throw it at my washing machine hahahahaha image

• Good luck today!!!! Best wishes! 

• Hi Broody Mommy thanks for sharing the story…Good Luck!!

• Cheryl, that totally looks positive to me!! Sometimes the dye doesn't stick in the middle but that definitely looks pink!! :D Good luck for retesting, I hope so much that you get your bfp!! :D<3 xxxx
    It's okay Betsy!! :D xx

Thank you so much for the luck ladies!!

Update of today:
    Went to the doctors, was seen at 9:20am... saw my wonderful (almost like a friend to me!) doctor, she has no doubt I'm pregnant at all (she kept saying the baby and it was messing with me, this doesn't feel real yet lol!!!), didn't even do a urine test and just sent me straight for bloods and said if negative then it must have been an early m/c because a test (I took my vvvvvvvvvf positive with me from this morning fmu) wouldn't give a false positive, false positives don't exist she explained to me, so if negative bloods she'll give me something to induce the m/c process of bleeding so I can continue TTC next month orrrrrrr if they're even slightly above the usual HCG level (5miu+) she'll schedule me another quantitative test after my results (should be back Thursday evening) so she can check my levels are rising due to my previous 2 m/c. 
    She also told me that my last bleed (starting 08/04/17) must have been implantation spotting! She told me IB (which CAN BE accompanied with mild/moderate/severe cramping! NOTE THIS LADIES!) can last up to 3 days (which mine did!) and can actually resemble a normal period closely enough that you'd think it was just a short period!! (Even though mine didn't resemble my normal period!! I thought I'd definitely share this info for you other ladies that have experienced a short 'period' and wondered if you could be pregnant!!!!) How mad is that!! Don't rely on the internet ladies, always have a chat with your dr if unsure! lmao! :D

So I'm actually only 2w3d which would explain my tests being so light! :D
    So, all's good so far! Lets hope my and DP's first little bubba sticks!! <3 STICKY THOUGHTS LITTLE BABY!! <3 xxxx

• Aaahh check you out missus!!!!! I'm very very happy for you! Fingers crossed baby stays with you!!! I'm glad your doctor was nice to you!!! Some doctors treat you like you're crazy!!!

I'm wishing you all the best! Please keep me updated and I bet you can't resist taking another test in-between to check the line! Haha. I'm retesting Thursday too so hopefully we both get good news!!! If I don't get good news I will still be praying for you!!!! 

How are you feeling? Xx

• I know eeeekkk I'm so excited for my results, my doctor told me I was too early testing too and it would've been ideal to wait until my next period was due or late to get a decent line so she told me to stop testing otherwise I'll put myself down lol, guess what... I can't put the tests away!! Hahaha! I'm still getting faint lines! Even with quite diluted pee and These silly tests have loads of those pothole things on the strip 😣 

Yeah they usually do but I saw this specific doctor about a few things last year including a mental breakdown and realised she's the best doctor ever, she actually knows how to look after her patients and have a laugh too :)<3 (and she told me I had a beautiful cervix last year when my cervix was bleeding for no reason hahaha! I laughed so hard! :D Thank you so much sweety, you too!!  And same, even if my news isn't going to be good I'm totally rooting for you!! :D 

I'm not feeling too bad actuall, just in a lot of pain with toothache this morning, I woke up with it too :'( it's evil I tell you lol! My boobs are still very sore and a little heavy, I got some little cramps in the centre of my tummy again last night and definitely felt some ligament pain in my tummy! (How refreshing it is to be reminded of previous feelings in my only pregnancy that worked out!) I am soooo hoping that my results are good tomorrow! Ive been eating like unreal amounts compared to what I would usually eat, occasional sickness and gagging, my nose seems pretty sharp at noticing smells (even though, yes I admit... I'm a smoker - I've asked for help to quit and haven't quite got there yet! but I've cut down so far to half of what I was smoking a week ago and I'm not a heavy smoker... I smoked all the way through with DS :( the guilt still gets me now!) I'm very tired too, I didn't get to nap yesterday and ended up being soooo clumsy! Hahaha! My mouth still has a bitter almost hairspray mixed with metal taste and my dreams have been the most vivid I've ever had!! Every time I sleep I dream now, it's mad! I'd only usually dream once or twice a week! :-O pretty weird that symptom! I had a dream the other day that we had a boy and called him Stanley, I woke up laughing so hard!! Flipping Stanley!! Not to my taste lmao!! :D and last night was watching The Aristocats with my boy and I couldnt stop crying when Edgar kidnapped the cats :'( talk about breaking my heart!! Haha!! 

How are you feeling chick? :)<3 xxxx

• I had chronic toothe ache with my two boys!! The was horrific!!! I literally feel so sickly. Coffee tastes foul to me now on matter where I drink it and I also threw up a corner beef sandwich yesterday haha. It's awful. Partner thinks I'm being crazy but I know somethings up haha. My sister smoked all through with my nephew but I wasn't angry with her because she smoked for 10 years and she had no help or support what so ever. Poor girl. I know all about crying! I cry over monsters inc right at the end when he goes back to her room and says 'Boo?' And she says kitty. It is the saddest moment I've ever seen in a kids movie hahahahaha xx

• Awww :( Toothache is not the nicest! Especially when you're pregnant and can only take paracetamol D: lol!! Awww it all sounds good to me!! :D Eeeeeekkk!! <3 I swear my partner knew before me that I was pregnant, he was tempting fate last night talking about baby names with me... I had to stop him and tell him he's getting way ahead of himself, but it is his first baby bless his heart :'(<3 I felt so guilty telling him to stop but I don't want him to get depressed if I end up miscarrying. I think I'm much more prepared for bad news than he is because I've been through it twice before and he's not even experienced any form of baby making at all lol :( Bless her heart!! I don't know what I'd do without support, it's so hard to give up at the best of times, my doctor told me to stop worrying and to wait a few weeks before trying to cut down or give up because the stress could cause me to miscarry :( I really don't blame her for carrying on, I've been a smoker for 13 years (I'm only 24 :'( so sad to say it really, it's quite heartbreaking to think at 11 I smoked my first cigarette!) and I've tried giving up so many times, I actually gave up smoking when I had my son but I really wanted a fag after he was born and I went and sat outside crying with one and went straight for a shower, I curled into a ball in absolute tears that I'd let my baby down :'( Oh god yes!!! That makes me sob like a baby! I love kids movies, I didn't expect to cry at Aristocats, I avoided buying Dumbo yesterday for that reason!! lmao! :') xxxx

• Alot of mums smoke and drink when they're pregnant and have been told to.only cut down slowly as it'll have a worse effect on their body and the baby if they point blank stop abruptly. Your boy is healthy and happy. Don't feel guilty!!!

Yes I avoid bambi and lion king atm but even beauty and the beast gets me going sometimes Haha 

Yeah it must be different for your partner. He obviously has a lot of hope which is always a good thing to have! It's lovely to see he's excited!!!

Wait until the labour?! He's going to be so lost haha and at the scans. I bet he cries at all big milestones!!!  Xxx

• Hi,

good luck with your pregnancy :)

how are you working out your dates though? I don't technically know how you can be 2 weeks and 3 days? Isn't that still 2 weeks from conception - making you 4 weeks? (2 weeks AF - OV and 2 weeks OV - implantation/bfp) 

my dates are actually similar to yours - i was expecting AF 5th April but got what I'm assuming was implantation 8th April for a few days. the following Monday I got a positive clear blue stating 1-2 weeks (putting me at 4 weeks). I'm now 7 weeks today :/!

not trying to say you're right or wrong... just tying to work out the dates. 

X

• They don't work it out like that I don't think. My clear blue before said 1-2 and when I had an emergency scan 7 weeks later I was literally  8 weeks and 2 days so my clear blue was spot on xx

Congratulations!!!

• That's true Cheryl :) I can't help it sometimes hehe <3 Aww bless you hahaha!! Even Tarzan gets me man!! I can't escape the feels!! *giggles* :P
    It is sooooo lovely to see him have hope and a lot of faith in it working out :D I just don't like to get my hopes up! Not too long before I get my results back and I am freaking out right now lol!! I'm trying to calm myself down but nothing is working for me, I suppose I'll be a mess until I get a call! hahaha!! :( Oh I definitely think so too ;) hahahaha!! I can't wait for him to experience it all :D xxxx

My doctor went by implantation spotting not by doctors dates, she didn't add the 2 weeks on hun lol!! :D And even so, it's totally possible, if you already know your implantation or ovulation date then your pregnancy dating starts there rather than your LMP until you have a dating scan because they don't want to scan too early on and panic you when you don't see anything. You had the same as me then! :D Obviously none of it is actually set in stone as far as dates go yet, they can't promise me that's how far along I am until I've had a dating scan - but even then it's an estimate! Anyways, it might not have been worked out correctly at all and I could even be miscarrying, so I just have to wait and see, if I don't miscarry again then obviously when I have my dating scan I'll update everyone :) My best friend found out at 1 and a half weeks past O - (10dpo) using fertility friend and she was dated correctly by her implantation cramps and bbt so totally possible! I've found that sometimes dates don't make sense at all, like with my previous pregnancy, my dates were changed at every scan I had! >.< Every time my due date got closer and closer and they freaked me out! lol!! Congratulations hun!! Have a H&H pregnancy <3 xxxx