Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Possible BFP?

My first pregnancy ended as a missed miscarriage. I was meant to be 9 weeks when the loss happened but our angel stopped growing at 6 weeks. The loss gapped 3 weeks ago yesterday and went for a week. Today I took a test and it came up positive. Can it be left over hcg from my previous pregnancy?image I've been super emotional and bloated the past week...

Replies

• I mean happened not gapped lol. The line is faint 

• Sorry for your loss. The same happened to me too last July. 10 weeks but the heart had stopped at 7 weeks :(

its very possible that the line is left over from your Mc. They say to ensure a negative test before starting to try again. It would in my opinion too early for a new pregnancy but stranger things have happened. Your body so t ovulate until hcg is zero. Wait a few more days and test again. If it gets darker then it's likely it's a new pregnancy. Good luck x

• I had a chemical pregnancy and I was told that once the period after the bleed of losing baby came, you have ovulated so I'm not sure if it's the same for an actual miscarraige. But I had bleeding once the cells passed. And then 2 weeks later I had a proper bleed and now AF is late..all I know is my friend fell pregnant 6 weeks after  miscarraige so I guess it depends on bodies? Good luck!!! 

• That's correct Cheryl... you won't have a period unless you ovulate and you won't ovulate if hcg is still present. It takes longer after a miscarriage for some ladies for the hcg to level down. With a chemical they pass with the usual period as it's an unimplanted egg and generally only picked up on with early testing so the hcg is never really massively high anyway. 

• Thanks for clearing that up for me hun.  Here's to hoping my faint line last week is in fact a bfp. Testing tomorrow. I had a period 2 weeks before that and now I'm feeling all funny haha. We shall see!

• Good luck x

• Mmb.. have you retested? Xx