Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Advice.. wondering if anyone else has been the same!

hi guys.. I will try and keep this short lol! Basically I have always been really regular with my periods but last month I was 2 weeks late.. this month again I am currently on day 12 of being late.. I had sex with my partner when I ovulated and am started to get a lot of cramps, it's like a dull ache but it seems to be there quite a lot! The only thing I can compare it to is when you Are feeling nervous and have that feeling in your tummy if that makes sense! Iv also been getting more discharge than usual (sorry if TMI) it's very watery.. I did take a test when I was 5 days late but was negative.. i am thinking I should take another but don't know if I can take anogher BFN.. just wondered if anyone else been in the same situation?? Thank you. 

Replies

• Options

Are you tracking  your ovulation with predictors or temps at all? The only reason your period  would be late and you not be pregnant is when you ovulate later in your cycle which means your period  comes later. 

Have you started any new medications or been ill? Could be something that has delayed your ovulation despite you normally being regular.

If you are sure of your ovulation date then test again. Good luck 

• Options

I have been tracking my ovulation only through an app I have so to be honest it could be that! It's just strange as Iv never ever been late before! I'm going to take another test today and see what it says, if it's a BFN then I have an docs appt made so I will just see what they say! Thank you!!

• Options

Sadly the apps can only estimate based on the info you input. Good luck. Are you just off any contraception?

• Options

ohh maybe I'm just a bit late then.. I need to get some ovulation strips or something so I can properly see.. i havnt been on any contraception for around 6 months now x