Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Trying to get pregnant after a miscarriage Part 11

1454647484951»

Replies

• Options

my pg test was going back to neg by the time I had surgical intervention, it had been 6 weeks since I lost the pregnancy and 2 weeks of contractions trying to pass it, so my situation is probably a little different.  I do think that opk's can be positive if you still have hcg in your system, which is why you need the neg pg test before you start opk's - or you will get a false result - also your body won't O if it thinks you are of still Pg.  

• Options

thank you mrs fish that has really helped xx

• Options

I had a missed miscarriage on the Monday at 10 weeks and I had the surgery on the Friday. They told me to wait 3 weeks before testing again but I waited two and then had a negative pregnancy test. 

My MMC was middle of January this year and I've ovulated for this first time this month, didn't work though, had a BFN this morning! 

I took 3 weeks off work in total and was ready to go back after that as sitting in the house googling things was driving me mad... think I convinced myself I had every medical condition under the sun and that's what caused the miscarriage. I'm a hospice nurse and found it hard going back to that because of all the sadness involved,  nevermind going back to work on a Meterniy unit, that must have been really hard! you're very brave x

I'm thinking of booking a holiday for next year and putting TTC on hold for a few months, I think im putting way too much pressure on myself and husband to get pregnant again. Each month I don't ovulate and each negative test I get makes me feel worse, I'm so upset today, even more coz I know I actually ovulated this month.   😢

• Options

rach i may test on Wednesday then it'll be a week, if it comes back positive then I'll just keep retesting after a week, it really scares me that it took you so long to ovulate, have you been trying since your miscarriage or did you wait a couple of months anyway before using OPKs? I have been doing the exact same thing and I now feel like I have no hope of ever having another baby, a holiday sounds like a really good idea for taking your Mind off of things, do you already have any children? If you don't mind me asking xx

• Options

Yeah I started trying 4 weeks after MC. like everyone, I was desperate to conceive again.  Ive been using OPK's Since. I have 2 children already, 10 and 9 and conceived first month on both of them, actually it was first month with the last baby too so it's so frustrating why it's been 8 months already and still nothing! 

GP told me ovaries can shut down after a trauma and as it was a MMC and my body still thought it was pregnant and I went straight in for the surgery they had a bit of a shock. She said they will wake up again and start working but couldn't tell me when. I'm 34 now and have been trying for a while, so thankfully she's been proactive and have referred me to a fertility doctor anyway. 

I went to Florida in May this year to try and relax and hopefully get pregnant but I was so uptight about relaxing I stressed myself out more haha! Dunno why I think another holiday will do me good! 

Everyone is different so don't let my experience scare you, there are plenty of women on here who got pregnant pretty much straight away, it's just unfortunate it's taking me a little longer. Xx

• Options

Oh god that is so frustrating, I'm glad you've started ovulating again though and hopefully get a bfp next month, I'm unsure whether to use opks straight away i think ill just try and be really relaxed and then if it doesn't happen in a couple of months I'll try using them then, I see people post pictures of them on here and they look so confusing with the colour of the lines.

hopefully the fertility doctor will be able to help you a bit more, what makes it harder for me is that my 3 year old still thinks I'm pregnant, I wouldn't know where to begin to explain to her whats happened and she had such a busy week last week, started playschool on Wednesday and Thursday long days and shes never been to nursery or anything and she had her first ballet lesson on Saturday morning, so I'd like to get pregnant within a few months so that I wouldn't have to tell her whats happened.

i really hope you get a bfp soon rach, you really deserve one xx

• Options

Saying about her busy week I meant I didn't want to disrupt her anymore when she had so many new things going on 

• Options

My children are a bit older so understand more but I didn't want to use terms like lost the baby or the baby died as I think that would have been too much... I told them that sometimes the baby pip just doesn't grow into a baby but we would try again soon. They were upset for a day or two and then went about their normal days. Kids bounce back very easy x

If I could go back, I definitely wouldn't use the OPK so soon and I wouldn't have taken Pregnacare conception either, as this delayed my periods for up to 60 day cycles, I stopped them 4 weeks ago and ovulated 2 weeks after that for the first time. May be a coincidence but I wouldn't take the chance again. 

Hopefully we'll all get our BFP's soon xx

• Options

That's a very nice way of putting it, but as I was 13 weeks she has her very own scan photo so has seen the baby, a friend had suggested for her to decorate a plant pot to keep next to baby's grave, that is very true they do bounce back very quickly! Even though she's only 3 i would say she has a mental age of about 5 shes very forward, I just don't want this to be a setback for her, she's taken everything in her stride and I'm just really worried that this could affect her. 

I have heard bad things about pregnacare conception, so that doesn't surprise me, I've always taken seven seas trying for a baby whenever we've been trying and have never had a problem with that. If you wanted to try something maybe try those ones, that my own experience though maybe do some googling before you considered taking them, I just don't want to try to soon because this time last week I thought I was 13 weeks pregnant had only had dating scan 6 days before and every was fine and then this happens. i don't know how I'd feel about seeing a positive so soon but don't want to leave it to late either, I'm just an absolute mess ATM ☹️ Xx

• Options

Hi everyone, we've just spotted this thread has gone over the 1k post mark, so we've started you a new one which should be much faster and easier to load. 

NEW THREAD HERE!

We'll lock this thread in a day or so, so you all have a chance to see this post. 

• Options

This thread is now locked. 
    NEW THREAD HERE!