Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Ovulation

hi girls!!

just wondered if it was possible to ovulate about 5 days after your period?! Ive been getting th CM similar To it?

I still have a 28-30day cycle but I feel like i aways seem to ovulate a few days after my period!?

thanks!!

Replies

• Options

Absolutely I've ovulated cd5 & cd7 before but generally ovulate by cd 10-12 (counting AF as cd1) I use opks though so I know I definitely ovulated and had a temperature rise 2 days after positive opk which confirmed ovulation:)

I always then get AF exactly 14 days later.

My cycle if I ovulate earlier though is shorter so on cd5 I got AF 14 days so a 19 day cycle if cd10 I have 25 day cycle etc

If you are having a regular 28-30 day cycle I'd say you ovulate around cd14 as the luteal phase rarely changes and is normally 14 days:)

ovulation can happen anytime In fact some ladies have said they've fallen pg during end of AF!!

However it's very rare the end of cycle changes:)

Hope this helps I really find opks very useful & I only use cheapie ones off Amazon 30 for about £4 xxx

• Options

Thanks so much that was really helpful!:) just waiting for pay day to order some test! but have a strong feeling I ovulated today because I got the pain I normally get when ovulating and now the CM to go with it?

Prettysure i had early ovulation last month too though? Maybe I'm broken lol 

thank you again!:)

• Options

If you have a 28 day cycle then you will be ovulation on cd14. Point between o and af doesn't change. 

Length of period doesn't matter... it's from day it starts!!!!