Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Getting Pregnant with PCOS?

Hi, there! I know that there are quite a lot of ladies who managed to conceive with PCOS. Unfortunately, I’m not the one. I’ve been diagnosed with PCOS since my early teens. My hubby and I have been TTC for nearly 3 years without any positive results. Now, I’m taking metformin to reduce my weight. Is there anybody here who has managed to conceive after taking metformin?

Replies

• Hello, there I am fighting with the same problem. How does it go for you now, any better? My husband and I have been researching some good medical help, I mean, the best we can get.. Still searching for it but I think I may be found the to help me for my problem. Where do you go to doctor? I am sorry for you again, feel the same 

• I too have been ttc with pcos.  the two easy things for you to do are look at your diet change what you need to (There is s specific way of eating for pcos and you need to make it suit you).  The other important thing is to look at vitamin supplementation - a pregnancy multivitamin, folic acid, omega 3 and vitamin D in particular.  

• Hello, thank you for your help, but I already am doing all of that. I am googling on the internet all the time haha...do not worry I haven't tried all natural remedies, already. But I hope it will help you with your problem.

• I know that loads of ladies with PCOS have some extra weight. I also had one. Like you, I was prescribed to take metformin. After reducing up to 25 kilos, I finally managed to conceive. I think you should visit your OB and ask why metformin doesn’t work with you. There are loads of treatment methods you can try. Just don’t give up and move ahead, hun.

• I think all depends on how actually PCOS you are. I know that there are quite a lot of ladies who do manage to conceive after having reduced some weight. Unfortunately, it didn’t work with me. I tried metformin and clomid injections. Then I did an ovarian drilling. Finally, there were several unsuccessful IVFs with my cells. I managed to conceive only after DE IVF.

• Post deleted by MadeForMums. 
    Here's a link to our Chat guidelines.