Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Older mum TCC while still breastfeeding once a day

hello everyone

i am a 39 yo mum of two. My youngest is 15 month old and he was an exclusively BF baby until about five to six weeks ago when I started dropping night feeds. for the past couple of weeks I am down to one feed a day. i haven't had a period since I fell pregnant (July 2015) but I started using OPKs 10 days ago as I have been feeling some sort of abdominal pain (similar to period pains). I got no lines whatsoever for many days until last Thursday when I saw a faint line. Then on Friday I got a positive dark line. And today (Saturday) the line was faint again. My husband and i BD'ed on all three days, i.e. Thurs to Saturday. And I plan to do it again tomorrow and Monday. 

My question is, how likely am I to be really Ovulating this month given that my periods haven't yet returned and what are the chances of me getting pregnant this month when i am still breastfeeding? is it possible that i get a LH surge but I am not actually ovulating?

thanks xx

Replies

• Options

Hello,

You can definitely ovulate before having a period, if you have ovulated you should have af within 10 -16 days either that or a bfp

Maybe try temping for the next cycle to confirm a temp rise after ovulation of you're not sure, i suggest fertility friend for tracking your bbt and for details on the best way to take your temperature and how it works 😊

Good luck 🤞

• Options

Thank you Gracie, I will get a basal thermometer and start temping. I really hope that I am right and all the "signs" I have been sensing = ovulation. 

Fingers crossed xx