Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

Over two weeks late. Advice please!

Good evening all, 

I'm looking for some advice as I really am baffled. 

I came off the mini pill in January and from February have had a period every month  my cycle length has varied slightly between 28-35 days but I have had one every month. 

My last period started on the 8thof June meaning I am now on cycle day 52.

I felt like I had all the pregnancy symptoms and had lots of negative tests bar one very very faint possible positive so I went for a blood test to confirm and it my hcg level came back at just 2. I was told negative and read that  below 5 is classed as negative so thought nothing else of it and have been waiting for my period but a week on from the blood test af has still not arrived and I'm really confused. 

Sorry for the long boring stiry but I'm looking for some advice.. Is this all down to my hormones and coming off the pill do you think despite thinking things were back to normal? 

Or could I be pregnant despite lots of neg tests? 

Tia xx

Replies

• Have you been unwell at all? Anything causing you stress? I was 3 weeks late the month before I got pregnant and it was similar. Totally felt pregnant between sickness and tiredness, tender abdomen and cramping. I developed an extreme stabbing pain in my left hand side and was convinced I was having an ectopic pregnancy. However it was actually an upper UTI/ kidney infection and this had delayed my ovulation therefore delaying my period. 

I would say if blood work is negative you are likely not pregnant or during implantation when taken. wait until after a 2nd missed period and see your Gp again if no positive result. Good luck getting the result you want x

• His thank you for your reply. There's no reason that I know of that would cause a delayed/missed period but I'll hold out and see what happens with my next.

Hopefully like you I catch on my next month!

Thank you xx