Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

How long after stopping Cerazette did your period return, Part 9

Replies

• Options

21st Feb millp, 27 weeks to go and counting 😊 X

• Options

So glad the scan went well Beu :) has the bleeding stopped completely now? 

Work went well. Felt like I'd never been away! I was worried I'd forgotten everything haha. Luckily my morning sickness seems to be more evenings now so I tend to be sick when I get home rather than at work at least. The girls are already suspicious because I'm not drinking tea and I used to drink loads (decaf) before I went off. This time round it makes me sick though! 

How's Cian doing Sio? Hope the pains have eased a bit?

Here's Aiden from his sitting session shoot last week. 

• Options

Dinky that's a lovely photo, such a cute smile!  Glad work went well too!

Wow Beu it's scary to think only 27 weeks and it will be February... hope it goes quick for you!

• Options

Sio just want to say a massive congrats! Cian is just gorgeous! Such a cute baby! Glad ye are home now, Joey suffered very bad with wind too, infacol did help but I found it pretty tough, by the time he was fully winded & comfortable it was time for another feed! I bought a moby wrap & found it great that I could get stuff done & he was upright & comfortable! 

Dinky aiden is gorgeous! 

Beu glad the scan went well! Are u going to find out the sex at the big scan? 

Alls good with me, Joey is 9months today! I'm back to work in 8 days & ive been crying all morning thinking about it! I really don't want to leave Joey but I was lucky to have so long off with him &  feel really happy that I have been feeding him this long! 

How is everyone else? Looby did u get all sorted in the hospital? 

• Options

Glad it went went well at work Dinky. I'm returning in October, only 1 day a week so I suppose you could class it as my KIT days. Getting worried about it now and kind of wish I hadn't agreed. I'll try it and if it don't work out I'll just hopefully say it's not working etc.

Ely, I've worked with a few people who've returned from matenity leave and you see them well up and keep popping to the loo. It's totally normal and such a horrible thought leaving them. Will he be left with family cos that does make it a little easier. 

I think we're suffering with a bit of silent reflux here. So need to go drs for that. 

Beu, that time is going to fly by! 

Loving all the pics ladies. This thread has definitely produced some lovely babies. 

Hope you bearing up becks.

Hope everyone else is ok.

How's things your end poppy? 

• Options

Was the funeral today. We all did better than I thought, thanks Kez x

• Options

I really feel for you becks. I dread the day I will be in that situation. x

• Options

Sorry been off radar. Had migraine and been busy with work / other stuff at home. 

Becks sorry to hear your sad news. It must have been hard yesterday x

loving all the cute pics ladies! 

I cant remember where I was up to at my last post. Had hosp scan 8+2 and all good and had booking appointment. Now 11+3. But had some light spotting / bleeding over the weekend. GP (a different one than the useless one last time!) was v reassuring and said didn't sound too worrying but has booked me in for a scan on fri which was the earliest they could do. I've also got and appt with her this morning as was wondering if got a bit of thrush so she was going to do a swab. But then since last night it's been more dark red than browny pink altho still mostly only when I wipe - sorry tmi!! So am glad I'm seeing her this morning so I can update her and ask her what she thinks. Keeping fingers crossed all ok - worrying won't make any difference one way or the other so am surprisingly calm. Will keep you posted. 

• Options

Hopefully she will give you the reassurance and you have the scan on Friday too.  Well done on staying calm.  You know so many of us have had this and all has been fine so hopefully all good with you too x

• Options

Hi everyone. Congratulations sio, sounds like you did amazing having Cian and he's gorgeous! Hope you're recovering ok and glad the hospital are offering support (again, like others I probably should have had a debrief / counselling after but never got offered it).

Becks, sorry to hear about your nan, sad news x

Hope everyone else is doing well. All fine here, I'm now 14 + 4, sickness has passed now and got a little more energy so that's good. No issues on the 'other' front, I had a good long chat with the midwife and they've double checked we'll be left alone :)

• Options

Hi girls 

feel like I never get a minute to get on. Glad to hear everyone doing well. Hoping ms eases for you dinky and beu. It's mad to think you are due in feb. Doesn't seem that far away. 

All the pics are so cute. The boys are getting so big and adorable. I agree kez. This thread has produced good looking babies. 

Cian going ok. Still got a lot of wind. Mw gave us tips like changing bottles, elevating him etc. It's made a small difference but not game changing. I still think it's his formula needs changing. He's on cow and gate at the mo. Nurse said to give it a bit and she'd ohone bavk after  had two week check up on Monday but she hasn't. We asked doc about changing formula. At first he was like yeah put him in a reflux one but then heard he wasn't pooing every day and said no a reflux one will make him more constipated. leave it as it is. Now I just think he's a baby that wont poo every day and doesn't need reflux formula just a change of formula. Thinking of just changing it without mw giving go ahead. 

Its  all. A bit frustrating not been able to do loads after section and I have to admit I've cabin fever. Weather not helping. It's also hard work isn't it. Don't get me wrong I love Cian to bits just finding it a bit tough. I think if I could get out and about it would help. Sorry I'm moaning here. Probably tiredness. 

Sorry also if I've missed anyone. You know I think so much of you all andvreally hope everyone is well. Ok I'm off to try and get some sleep

chat soon xx

• Options

Oh meant to ask. Has anyone any tips for winding when they fall asleep. Cian is a terror for falling asleep at the end of a bottle. We will have winded him half way through bottle. But second half he will fall asleep and is impossible to get any wind out of. Hence us putting him down and him waking an hour or two later screaming 

• Options

Hope you're doing ok becks xx

poppy great to hear from you and that things are going well on both fronts! 

sio, sorry cian is still struggling with wind :-( midwives/health visitors are there to advise but they can't tell you what to do with him, he is your son and you know him best so do what you feel is right. We swapped Jenson's milk from aptamil to Aldi's own, mamia. Its made in the same place but the mamia is a lot less frothy when mixed and since Js been on that he's had next to no wind, I feel like aptamil was holding too much air in it. Never tried cow and gate I'm afraid so can't compare to that. 

Rather than traditional patting their backs to wind, we used to lean Jenson forward and back, sometimes round in circles, he'd near enough always stay asleep during it but also seemed to burp more easily...might be worth a shot. 

How are you healing from the section? It is very hard work, you don't need to tell us you love him, we know you do! But you are allowed to be tired and find it tough. Don't suffer in silence though, it's what we're here for 💕 Xxx

• Options

Sorry I totally missed a load of updates then! 

Dinky im glad works going ok, gorgeous photo of Aiden! 

ely fab pics of joey too! Looking so grown up 😍 I hope you're feeling ok, I'm sure it's such a wrench to go back to work. I'm dreading when my time come too :-( 

looby I hope all is ok, how did you get on with the gp? Well done for staying calm, that'll help bubs, sending lots of hugs, let us know how Friday goes 

sorry if I missed anything else! We've got Jenson's first tooth very close to cutting through so sleep is non existent in our house at the moment! i feel like such a scatterbrain 😂 xx

• Options

Sio there will be no harm in swapping formula, give it a try for a week see if you notice a difference.  You can always swap back.  We used Aptimil ready made so didn't have issues with it holding air as didn't have to mix it, but found coleif drops in it made a big difference As it was the lactose in the milk causing his issues rather than the Trapped wind.  We also found Oliver would be asleep at the end of a feed and would hold him in our arms at a semi upright angle and walk/gently bounce and pat his back (really hard to describe) to get wind out without waking him.  DH was better at that than me due to large arms and hands!

Hope you can get out soon.  I wouldve gone mad staying in too.  The local coffee shop knew Oliver by name before he was a week old.  I was very lucky with my CS recovery though and I think it also helped that I didn't do the labour bit first.

just keep taking every day at a time, you are doing great x

wow jenson'a first tooth on the way! MillP I am with you on the sleepless nights this week, Oliver decided after not having any more teeth through for a few months he'd pop 2 out in one night!

• Options

Thanks for the tips ladies. I'll be giving them all a go. I'm doing ok most of the time  just some days I find it hard  but I say it to people rather then say nothing and that helps  I've found as well I'm doing 2am feed and not falling back asleep  anyone else have that? Cian drops off no bother, oh is snoring away and I find I'm still looking at the clock close to 5am  

Millp cant believe jenson cutting his first tooth. That's mad. But oh how time flying that you're at that stage. 

• Options

I was the same with falling back to sleep sio, I still am now :-( 

jensons tooth still hasnt cut! I can see it so close to the surface and it looks so sore, just want it to come through already! I think hes quite a late teether though as the nhs reckons majority of babies will get there first one at 5-7 months. He was 7 months last week so he's on the later side of it. And it's a top tooth coming first which is unusual 😂 the kid likes to be different! Definitely my son!! 

Ive just put him down for a nap but all I can hear is him slamming his legs up and down...guess it's going to be one of those days! 

what does everyone have planned for the bank holiday weekend? Xx

• Options

I'd like to say trying trying and more trying MillP as it's the right time but part of me still feels sad and guilty that it shouldn't be on my mind. 

Hope everything is ok Louby xx

• Options

Don't feel guilty becks. Your nan would be over the moon for you to have a baby.

Glad things are looking up for you poppy.

The burping one is a pain. I tend to hold Eloise over my shoulder and bop her up and down. I agree with rustic though, the men always seem to be able to get those big burps out of them.

I used aptimel with Daniel and cow and gate with Eloise, their made by the same people, I've not had a problem with either. I agree with the ready made bottles being less frothy. They seem to be thinner than the powder when made up.

O wow millp a top tooth coming first, that's going to look so cute. 

I need some advise ladies. Eloise keeps waking in the night choking. Anyone heard of or experienced this? I thought it was silent reflux but dr says no. She's been checked over and their are no issues and dr said where she's a good sleeper she's getting a build up of saliva and choking on it?! I've never heard of this before. Dr says monitor  and go back if it gets worse. They don't seem to understand it can't get worse than having to grab your baby out of the moses basket and hit her on the back to get her to catch her breath,it's terifying. I've risen the head of the top of the moses basket so she's not laying flat and I hold her upright now for a good 20 mins after a feed to make sure. I'm not sure what else to do. Even oh has taken her to drs as I'm not getting anywhere with them and hes had same answers as me.