Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

How long after stopping Cerazette did your period return, Part 9

Replies

• Options

Thanks Rustic but no - AF was due today but came two days early on Friday! So much for thinking my cycles were regulating haha - hope they don't continue to be this short else the witch is due to visit right over Christmas so new target is a BFP on Xmas Day (if not before haha) image

• Options

Aww poor Oliver! I'm glad he is getting back to himself, poor boy 💙

really sorry about your job too rustic :-( I hope the other team manage to get the funding. Keep us posted. 

Sorry the witch came again becks :-( an xmas day bfp would be incredible though! 

Xx

• Options

Rustic seems to be a lot of it about at the minute, I read far too much in these forums and lots of little ones seem to have had it lately. Hope Oliver feels better soon

• Options

Yes I've realised how common it is, but hadn't really heard of it before.  Happy to report he slept through last night (till 11 this morning!) so we are both feeling a lot better :-)

• Options

Rustic sorry to hear Oliver was sick. The poor little fella. Glad he is doing better and that you both got a sleep. That's crap about your job too. Hope things improve there. 

Becks sorry to hear the witch arrived I've everything crossed for you. An xmas bfp would be great but here's hoping it comes sooner. 

Well cian totally out of sorts last couple of days. I thought it was cause we were at my mams on Saturday and all the neighbours were holding him. That usually has him upset the next day but it's the same today. He doesn't want to be out down and crying a lot. I think maybe it is full on growth spurt and maybe as dinky said he wants feeding little and often cause he's not taking the full five ounces that he was and yet seems to be wanting to feed every three hours instead of four or there aboit's. it's hard work when they are like this but have to keep saying this too shall pass

hope everyone is well. 

• Options

Oh the joys of cluster feeding ... sounds like a growth spurt alright!

Hopefully he will settle soon for you.

• Options

Oh no sio, the dreaded cluster feeding! It makes you feel like your head is spinning and you just can't do anything right. Hang in there Hun, they usually only last a few days x

rustic sounds like you've had a rough recently. Glad Oliver is in the mend. Fx the other department gets the funding, your new boss sounds a joy!

loubylou Hun, think about you regularly. Still sending you and your oh big hugs x

dinky, hiwbare you getting on at work? Goodness knows how you're doing it, I'm only on lit days at the mo and I'm shattered! Sickness went but seems to have come back again 😔 . Had to put bradley on milk ladder and he failed at stage one sonweve had a very poorly baby. Absolutely dreading having to do it again soon 😔. 

Ely, millp how are you girls getting on? 

• Options

Rustic we've been hit with hand, foot and mouth too. It's just awful isn't it. Aiden is barely sleeping on a night, I'm only managing until about 3am then hubby is having to take over. The lack of food due to sickness, low iron levels and exhaustion is just wiping me out still. Luckily I'm not back at work until Wednesday but don't know how the 5am alarm will go down then. I just keep crying seeing him in pain but he's being such a tough cookie, bless him. 

Sio really hope Cian settles soon. It's so tough isn't it? Your doing amazing! You will get through this. 

Beu second pregnancy definitely feels tougher doesn't it! Hope your returning to work is going ok. 

Becks sorry af came out of the blue. Shorter cycles make ttc go quicker at least? 

• Options

Oh Dinky it's so awful isn't it, and not much you can do to help them.  you must be exhausted!  Glad hubby is helping out, mine just snores through it and I'm the one working full time!

• Options

Gosh sounds like you're all having a tough time at the moment :-( 

I hope the poorly babies are all better soon 

and beu and dinky you really are super women coping with everything and being pregnant again! 

Sio, it does sound like cian is having a spurt bless him, you will get through it, you're doing brilliantly 💙 It also sounds like he's doing great with his milk! Jenson has never had more than 6oz in one go, even now it's all he will take and he's 8 months next week! That's why we had to start weaning early. 

Im doing ok thanks beu, Jenson loves to moan and whinge constantly all day and night at the moment so it's very hard work! Hopefully just a phase though! I'm wondering whether he has more teeth on the way since his first one came last week. 

Hope everyone's holding up ok xxx

• Options

Hi - hope you don't mind me jumping in. Ive been following this thread for a while and even read the old ones right from the start! its taken me a few months to get through it all :) Thought i should jump in!

Congratulations to all of you who have your babies, its been a pleasure to read the journeys you have all been on! :) its strange because i feel like i know you all! haha

My story will start right at the beginning with TTC :) (feel like Ive learnt a new language with all the abbreviations!) i have been off of Cerezette now for 9 weeks and 5 days. Last pill was on 14th July. Obviously reading everyone's stories i knew it was going to take a while for my period to return. But i didn't estimate it would take this long! yes thats right, it still inst here!! Ive had all the symptoms but nada! Its really starting to get me down now that my body hasnt gotten back into full swing! (i am definitely not pregnant) its so frustrating but so exciting to start this journey!

I hope there are some others in the same boat as me at the moment!

x

• Options

Hi nic! Welcome to the thread :-) 

wow that’s dedication reading all the way back!! It took me long enough to read them all and I joined on the 3rd thread 😂 

its really hard when you come off as you just don’t know what’s happening with your body. Af will return though and once it does most of us have become regular quite quickly. Of course if it doesn’t come back you could be one of the lucky ones who does manage to conceive first! 

Got everything crossed for a nice easy journey for you. 

Any questions just ask away, I’m sure between us all we’ve got most things covered!! Xx

• Options

Hi ladies

hope you are all well. 

Dinky and rustic. I hope the boys are better now. Do you know how long it lasts? Dinky and beu I take my hat off to you both been pregnant again with small babies. You are super women as far as I'm concerned

wwlcome nic. It's a tough journey to be on at the start. Af will appear. It just likes taking its time and then it's the minefield  the ttc journey but we are all here for any questions you may have. 

Millp. How are you doing? How is jenson. It's tough when they moan and whinge constantly. You don't know what to do. Cian has days like it too and it's exhausting. You're trying to calm them and yet inside your head you're nearly screaming I don't know what you want or what more to do. Well that's me sometimes. Not all the time I'd like to add though in case you all panic. Most of the time he's good though. Getting so big. Had six week check up. He's now 9.5lb. We are getting more smiles now which do help when he's having a bad day to remember them. I'm starting back the pill today. Eeeklkk. Don't know how I feel about it. It did agree with me when I was on it. Just worried how it will be now. I haven't even had af yet but doc said I could start it anytime but that it might cause on off bleeding for a while. Rustic didn't it make you bleed a good bit when you started back? Anyway here's a picture of Cian image

• Options

Ah Sio that's a smile to melt you isn't it xx. I hope you settle back on the pill better than I did.  Month of bleeding at least and then spotting most days for 9 months, even now I am taking 2 pills every other day to stop the spotting coming back.  I need to go back to the gp to check double dosing continuosly isn't dangerous.  Keep putting it off though incase they tell me I shouldn't.  They said it was fine for a month or two.  

Oliver is all good, it's lasted 7-10 tough days, the skin is still healing but he is back to his cheeky self!

Welcome Nic, well done on the reading ... it's more compelling than any book isn't it?!  Af will come back and you will be so happy ... for about an hour then start cursing it ... but I hope your ttc journey is a short one x

• Options

cian is so gorgeous sio! Love his smile!! I’m totally with you on the screaming in your head! I think all mums do it sometimes... Jenson is still a total whinge bag. We’ve now got two teeth and two on their way but im Not sure how much longer I can live on 2 hours sleep a night! Ive no idea how beu managed for so long with Bradley’s 1 hour a night! I’m off to Cornwall this weekend for my sisters hen do, it’ll be two nights away from Jenson which I’m not really looking forward to, but i should get two nights good sleep!! Every cloud and all that 😂

And oliver is looking as cute as ever rustic! Glad he’s back to himself now! 

Hope everyone else Is doing alright! Xx

• Options

Oh rustic. Don't think I could cope with that. I think I might wait till af starts to minimise the chances of bleeding. How long did it take people's af to return after having a baby? I'm hoping not too much longer. 

Rustic im so glad you posted the pic of Oliver. He is just so darn cute. Melts my heart every time. So glad he's feeling better. 

Millp you won't know yourself with a full nights sleep. You'll be the person who slopes off early from the hen just to go to bed. Not even drunk lol. It'll do you good even though you are not looking forward to leaving him 

we are going out for dinner in a couple of weeks for our anniversary. Can you believe it's nearly a year since the wedding? Anyway a friend of mine said she would babysit. It's bad that I'm wishing she would offer to take him for the night. I would love a full nights sleep and just a lie in. A girl can dream eh 

• Options

Lovely pictures Rustic and Sio! 

Welcome Nic hope your cycles settle quickly for you. Were you pretty regular before the pill? 

I came off in February. Took 6 weeks for first bleed then has been 29 days most months since (had one 27 and one 26 thrown in too)

I am CD12 today and resigned to another cycle being out. Think ovulated from the left last month but this evening got pain on my left side again (does it not always alternate ladies? Most months if i have felt anything it has alternated between left and right) don't ever think I felt ovulation before the pill or just never paid notice as I wasn't trying

• Options

I would have 3 months on the same side and then 1 month on the other.  On the month it was the other side I would get ovulation spotting, like it was harder for the egg to get out that side.  the time we finally got lucky I actually had the ov pain during bd'ing!

• Options

Hey sio. My af came back after about 12/13 weeks. I breastfed for a month and then went to formula...they say bf can stop it coming back so I guess it was 8/9 weeks after that! I’ve heard of it varying so much but hopefully yours will show soon for you so you know where you’re at! 

Cant believe its coming up to your anniversary already! What a year for you 💕 it’s not bad that you’re wishing your friend could have him overnight! It’s hard because you miss them but the sleep does wonders for you! I’ve got Jenson booked in to my mums for over night stays when I do my keep in touch days at work...i have got two days back to back at one point and wasn’t going to do them both but hubby said ship him off for two nights...think he’s desperate for some sleep too bless him! 

That said im lying here now wondering what happened last night! I got up at 4am and then about 20 mins ago. Just popped a dummy in his mouth and he’s back off to sleep! Dare I hope this is our sleep fortune changing?! 

Xx

• Options

Omg Sio, what a cute photo of Cian! I can't believe it's almost been a year since your wedding! I wouldn't even have said 6 months yet! Hope you have a lovely night out to celebrate.

Rustic, Oliver is just adorable as ever! So glad he's feeling better.

Aiden is on the mend and just a few blisters still healing. He's caught a cold now though. All adding to the guilt I feel from stopping bf him because he never really seem to catch anything before I stopped. I know it's probably a coincidence but still :(! Not feeling great atm, work is very busy when I'm there and that coupled with the continued morning sickness and Aiden being poorly are meaning I'm feeling a bit burnt out. I'm actually dropping Aiden with my MIL this afternoon and just coming home to rest which I've never done before. Feeling terrible about doing it though :( 

Welcome Nic. Well done on reading all the threads! Hope your journey is a short one :)! Fingers crossed for no af and a bfp shortly