Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

How long after stopping Cerazette did your period return, Part 9

Replies

• Fingers crossed MillP :-)

• Dinky don't feel bad about it you need your rest, you are growing another amazing human and that takes a lot of energy!

oliver got a lot of colds early on and I felt bad about not bf. the doctor said to me that yes he will get more because he is not bf but it will build his immune system earlier, where as bf babies will get more at a later stage when they start nursery etc so it's 50/50.

• Aww dinky don’t feel bad! It’s what is best for both of you, Aiden needs a rested mummy as does his baby brother or sister. He’ll enjoy his time with MIL. And rustic is right, all babies will get more colds when you first stop bf but It’s normal and won’t last forever 

keep your chin up hun xx

• Wow thank you for the warm welcome ladies! I will be sure to ask when i have any questions :)

Haha you should of seen me reading this thread i was like an addict couldnt stop reading! better than any book i have ever read. I went on holiday a few weeks ago and didnt even read my book i was that obsessed reading this!

A few answers to some of your questions. I was pretty regular before the pill (i think) i was only on Cerazette since Feb 2016, so just over a year, before that i was on microgynon for about 4/5 years. I had a period on this and it was like clockwork every 4th tuesday. Before that i think it was regular. Memory is terrible!

I did have a small bleed about 4 weeks ago. Only when i wiped though and it was the tiniest amount. I put a pad on hoping it was the start but nothing since!

It feels so strange being able to talk about all of this. I don't talk to my friends or family about coming off the pill because i dont want all the questions. Plus when we do conceive i want it to be a nice surprise for everyone. At the minute everyone thinks we are too obsessed with holidays to have children. Little do they know we do want to start a family!

Anyway, glad all the babies are doing well :)

I think its just be and Bex TTC now on this thread? Good luck to you Bex!

x

• I was the same no one knew or even expected us to be thinking of ttc.  I was a workaholic with 2 grown up step daughters and we'd been together best part of 15 years. It was great seeing the shock on people's faces when we did tell them. 

Hopefulky that little bleed was something and you'll be due the real one soon x

• Well nic I'm glad we provided good holiday reading lol. I suppose it is like a book really and everyone the different chapter. Maybe we should send our stories to a publisher, make some money to keep ourselves in a lifestyle I'd like to become accustom too. 

Dinky hun how are you doing? You need your rest and have to take it. Millp is right. Aiden and the new baby need a rest mummy. And colds happen regardless of breast feeding or not. 

Why is it when you decide to put your head down for half an hour that's when someone calls. I swear the universe doesn't want me to sleep 

• Hope you are ok Sio, tell potential visitors to call you to arrange a time and not to drop in unannounced. That drives me mad at the best of times haha never mind if I had a new baby.

CD 20 and know timing wise this month we have been awful so know am out. Oddly feel I ovulated from left side again this month, all cycles since I came off pill have alternated, but was left last cycle and pretty certain left this time too

Think it will be a short cycle too but since coming off the pill seems i feel  a lot more during ovulation and the two week wait. Or maybe I am just more aware of it. 

Certainly haven't got my body sussed - just when you think you have something different happens to confuse matters.

• Haha Sio i like the idea of it becoming a book! i 100% think you could make money from it :)

Sorry you aren't getting any sleep! :(

Aww Becks (sorry i realise on my last post i spelt it Bex, but i meant you!) your not out until af arrives! how long have you been ttc for?

Well 10 weeks, 6 days since i stopped my pill and still no period. Im starting to think the little bleed i had at 6 weeks post pill was my withdrawl, so with that being 5 weeks ago tomorrow i should be having a period now! Ive had horrrible pains the past couple of days and always felt like i had come on. Sorry if TMI but i have had quite a lot of CM yesterday and today - is this normal when your period is due? i always thought it was a couple of weeks before period. Anyway, im going to do a test on Monday if i havent come on by then!

Got a long weekend off work this weekend and off to the Lake district with the hubby, cant wait!

Hope everyone else is ok

x

• How is everyone doing? 

Do we have some 20 weeks scans coming up soon dinky and beu? 

And how are you doing becks and Nic? 

xx

• Hi Dinky,

im good thanks i hope you are too?

i thought i had a break through last night and that af had arrived. There was blood when i wiped, twice so i put a pad on and then nothing since.! really annoying as this is what happened about 5 weeks ago. I really want my period back so i know where i am at (who would of thought anyone hoping for their period haha! i did a test on Sunday and was negative so i know im not pregnant. So frustrating! it will be 12 weeks on friday since i took my last pill.

X

• MillP mine isn't until the end of the month but I think Beu will be soon as she's a few weeks ahead of me. How's Jenson doing? Any better on sleep or any signs of more teeth? 

Nic it sounds a bit similar to what happened to me after stopping the pill. My periods were really light to the point it was basically just spotting for a few days. It took a while for things to settle and the month I had a normal period I finally conceived. After my miscarriage a similar thing happened and I had a cup of raspberry leaf tea on the days I was spotting which seemed to help some how? Might have just been coincidence but no harm trying? Did you have a nice break away? 

Sio hope you had a lovely first anniversary. How's Cian doing now since the change in milk? 

• Exciting dinky! Are you finding out what you’re having or keeping it a surprise? 

Jenson now has 3 teeth with the fourth very close to coming through. He’s still rubbish at sleeping though! I’ve got my KIT days at work over the next few months so he’s going to be staying at my mums quite a bit...I’ll miss him but I’m really looking forward to getting some sleep! Although knowing me I won’t sleep because I’ll be stressing about what work will be like 😂 

Nic, that’s so frustrating. I think we all got to that point of actually wishing for our af to come! And then once it did all we did was curse it! it Will come soon Hun (unless you do get your bfp first!) 

xx

• Just wrote a post and lost it.

Hope you all ok . Been convinced all week AF is coming which would have been a very short cycle but managed to hold out and it's CD27 now and feels like definitely be here tonight or tomorrow.

Also all cycle pain has been to the left, today it has swapped to the right just to confuse me. Funny pain as well.

• Hi everyone! Hope everyone is good!

Welcome Nic! I was 10weeks waiting for AF so hopefully it will arrive very soon for you! 

Mill p I can't believe jenson  has nearly 4 teeth! Joey still only has the 1 since he was 8mths! He's now 10.5mths! 

Bit of a funny one ladies, I am on CD 22,cycle has been around 28-29 days, today at work I had red blood when I wiped, one clot & then went to brown & was gone after 30 mins??? What do ye think? Cycle still adjusting? Implantation bleed? We aren't trying but aren't preventing either really, just trying to avoid bding around ov days! 

All's is good here, back at work 5 weeks now & im actually enjoying it! Been around adults again is nice! Joey has settled well & really is so good! The fun has started crawling & climbing everything in sight! 

• Sorry Ely no idea about the bleed. How many periods have you had since giving birth? 

Hope everyone is ok. So after expecting the witch last night or to be here this morning due to the intense period like pains I was having last night I am still in limbo but not yet at my longest cycle day and all pains gone today so far (touch wood) - so confusing our bodies! 

• This will be my 4th cycle coming up.... really confused! 

Hope af doesn't show Becks! Fingers crossed 

• Ooo fingers crossed for you becks! Sounding promising! 

Ely not sure on the bleeding! Bit odd, it could be implantation! How would you feel if it was? 

That sounds really cute joey just having one tooth! Jenson’s first tooth is a lot bigger than the others, it cane through really fast and the others are coming slowly so he looks Like he’s just got one big top tooth...it’s funny! 

Glad work is going well too! I’m looking forward to being back around adults. I start my kit days In a couple of weeks but don’t go back properly until February...I’m starting to go a bit crazy just being me and J at home though! 

Jensons also crawling and climbing everything...really keeps you on your toes doesn’t it!! He’s just spent the last half an hour before his bedtime charging up and down the room with his walker whilst giggling his head off! 

Here’s my monster...

imageimage

• Aww millp how cute! Ya it's really busy when they get moving! I just seen a glimpse of his 2nd tooth cutting there on the bottom & the top ones are bulging really bad but he isn't suffering too badly thank god! 

I don't know how I would feel, I'm still bf him so I kinda wanted a few months to myself after he turned 1 and went onto cows milk! Just feel like I haven't gotten any of my life back yet (apart from work)  but if it happens it happens!!!! I'll be happy anyway! 

What is a kit day by the way? Never heard of it? X

• Awwww MillP I love his outfit. So cute. 

• MillP so cute! Hope the KIT days go ok. 

Ely86 I wonder what it is! Does sound like possible implantation bleeding but only time will tell!

Becks that's sounding really promising! Will you just wait it out or are you planning on testing at some point? 

Nic any change in the spotting?