Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

How long after stopping Cerazette did your period return, Part 9

Replies

• kit days means keep in touch days Ely. We get 10 of them as paid days work while still on maternity leave. Supposed to help reintegrate you before going back full time Xx

• I know that's the only thing I can think of! Unless I wasn't ovulating before hand & ovulated late?! Think im trying to make myself think thefe is noway but its possible! 

Anyway here is little Joey my little munchkin! image

• Aww another cutie Ely. He has a right cheeky look there. 

Dinky no I can't take a test I'm a whimp haha ... I'm pretty certain date wise it can't have happened but then who knows. Will see what happens over the next day or two.

• How do u do it Becks! I was a maniac for testing even when I knew it was way too Soon!!! I just couldn't help myself!!!!!! Joey have such a cheeky smile! & his fake cry is even funnier! 

Those kit days sound brill! Shame we don't have anything like that over here! 

• because the witch always arrives Ely lol so never get the chance...like this morning! Back to CD1 so onto put ninth month trying now

• Hi Ladies! these baby pics are just sooo cute! Brightened up my morning for sure :)

Anyway, drum roll please.........

12 weeks to the day since i took my last pill AF arrived in full force this morning. To the point i would call it a 'real period'. Its been a long and stressful 12 weeks. When i was reading all your stories before i actually took the leap to stop the pill i was convinced it would only be about 6 weeks until my body got back to normal. How wrong was i?!

Im now excited for my body to settle into its normal cycle routine and actively start TTC over the next few months! Thx for all your stories and advice ladies, and for keeping me gripped with this post! I will continue to read and keep up with whats going on if you dont mind! :)

happy friday & hope you all have a fab weekend

xxx

• Love how cheeky joeys smile is Ely 💙 he’s adorable! 

sorry af got you becks :-( how does the length of that one compare to your others? 

glad yours has finally come Nic! At least now you know where you are. Now time to have some fun 😉 I hope you catch nice and quickly 

im So broody it’s ridiculous. I wish I could join you ladies in trying :-( I think I’ve annoyed hubby talking about having another baby! End of 2019 we will start trying again...so far away 😫😫

hope everyone has a good Friday and a great weekend! Xx

• MillP this cycle had been the usual length. It seems to have settled now around 28 days but have had a 26 and a 27 thrown in there too. Always say I will wait for CD29 before testing and never get there haha. One day (although if I get lucky this cycle I will have to cancel my summer break!)

From about day 19/20 I am always convinced she is arriving early so think somehow need to switch off to niggles in that time frame

Maybe we will end up being cycle buddies Nic. Swear  mine seems to be synced up to some ladies I chat to on posts on here as we all seem to be on around the same time. Hope your cycles settle quickly now it has finally arrived for you.

• That’s good that they’ve settled! Mine were always 29-31 days and that’s as settled as they got. when and where is your summer break? 

Xx

• Next July so if I do get lucky this time it will be around the time I am due - it's only UK but wouldn't fancy going heavily pregnant and away from home imageimage 

But we will cross that bridge if it happened. 

• Yeah Nic! I'd say you are so releaved af  arrived! And as millp said the fun starts now & the next stressful time is about to begin, tracking ovulation & lots of bding! Then resisting the urge to test!! 😂 

Great your cycles are so regular Becks! 

So today sorry tmi alert!!! Have really think cm kinda clumpy, didn't have any of this when I got pregnant with Joey so I'm really confused what's going on! What is normal cm for this part of a cycle? Cd23 now! 

• Hi all, sorry not been on much I'm finding it hard to keep up a bit at the moment! Hope everyone is well, love all the photo updates.

welcome Nic, fingers crossed you get a regular cycle back quickly. When I stopped my pill in the February it took until May for a period then they were weird lengths for a couple before getting a positive pregnancy test in the June. They may take a little while to settle into a routine so don't worry too much.

Looby, I'm so sorry to hear your news, that sucks. Hope you're doing ok xx

Not much to report here really. I'm 21 weeks, feeling huge and worn out. Recently recovered from a stomach bug that landed me on a drop in hospital for an afternoon (that was fun) and now chasing a two year old who very determin decided last weekend she wasn't wearing nappies and that was that. Cue the rather hilarious potty training exploits that followed. Bless her, she's cracked it though and we've had no accidents since Tuesday evening. Fingers crossed it continues! I spent last Saturday frantically sewing up pairs of knickers in peppa pig fabric for her as a bribe 😂. Had a scan this week, all is ok and much to my mums delight we aren't finding out the sex. Oh, and if any of you Irish ladies hear of companies recruiting (operations, project management type stuff) let me know - we will move if we get work 😁.  I hate hate hate being on jobseekers. Have to go in next week and they will probably notice the bump this time. Oh...

Now I'm off to set up email alerts again (was running out of space on my phone and my emails were hopping ha ha).

• Great to hear from you poppy. Glad all is well with baby! And well done to your little miss for mastering the potty so quickly! 

Good luck on the job searching front too. Xx

ely sorry I’ve Never paid attention to cm so cant help you :-( 

we had an horrendous night with Jenson last night. Poor boy has had two more teeth burst trough at the same time. So we’re up to 5 teeth now! All in the space of one month. Poor kid needs a break! 

Hope everyone else has had a good weekend xx

• Oh MillP 5 in a month sounds awful but hopefully you'll be like my friends little one who has all 22 by 16 months over and done with ..... unlike Oliver who seems to be stuck on 8 and badly teething with nothing to show for it!

He's been at the almost walking stage for weeks now too but not going for it. I think the fact he is tall (just moved into age 2 clothes at 15 months) isn't helping his balance!

Hi to everyone else, I've been reading but little time to reply sorry!

• Nice to hear from you poppy, i remember reading your journey through these years of posts & im glad your family life is happier now. Whats your due date for the new baby? So exciting you havent found out the sex, i think when i eventually get pregnant id like to keep it a surprise!

So AF lasted friday-Monday night. Thought it would of been longer with it being my 1st one post pill but i guess not! im sure it will take a few AF's before i eventually settle (or not settle at all if i get a BPF!) Hope everyone is having a good week.

Becks how are you getting on?xx

• Hi Nic ok thanks. Don't know about the others but have found my periods post pill have all been lighter than they were before I was on the pill. They are about the same length wise just not as heavy. 

CD6 so ready to get going again for this cycle haha.

Hope everyone is doing ok

• CD2 here! AF arrived last night bang on 28 days so I have no idea what happened earlier in my cycle?! 

Let the fun begin Nic! Are you going to do ovulation tests do u Think? 

Poppy check out public jobs they were advertising for loads of different jobs, there were so many you could be lucky! 

I had my 1st weekend away from Joey last weekend for DHs brothers wedding, I was so nervous going as Joey has never really taken a bottle but I had lots expressed & hoped for the best, my parents were minding him & he thankfully took it! I had a fab weekend, the break away was so nice! He also cut 2 teeth while i was away! 

• Strange Ely! But at least you know where you are Now. 

Thats excellent that you managed to have a weekend away and joey did well with a bottle :-) wow two more teeth! How has he been with them?

We’re still on 5 but Jenson still refuses to sleep so don’t know if more are coming. He’s up every hour. It’s so draining! I’m hoping he May do the same as your friends little one rustic, and just get them all out quickly! 

and wow Oliver must be tall! He will crack walking soon don’t worry :-) 

good luck for this cycle becks and nic! 

Hope everyone has a good weekend whatever you’ve got planned! Xx

• Due in Feb Nic, it's going a lot quicker this time round too. Hope we will be ready by then!

Weve kept an eye on the public jobs but not much has shown up yet that's suitable to apply for (there's always something they list as essential you don't have!). 

Well now we have the added stress of finding a new place to live as well. Landlord wants his house back while he renovates his own. There's pretty much nothing round here on our budget that will take pets, is suitable for small children and potentially unfurnished so now we are looking across the whole of Ireland. Going to be fun. Was hoping we would only move once we had found work so we wouldn't get tied into a contract and potential 2 hour commutes. I would really, really like things to go a bit more smoothly for a change. And I've got a toddler who's forgotten how to sleep again. 🙄

• Oh Poppy you guys are due some luck!  Is it the same as here where rentals are a min 6 months?

Took Oliver to his first Messy Play today, Halloween theme... it's fair to say he enjoyed!