Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Trying to get pregnant after a miscarriage Part 12

Replies

• Sorry if this triggers....I had browny spotting (was only on wipe and if i did a full day at work) from about 8/9weeks. I was getting reassurance scans after each spotting episode but when i was at work at 11+6, i signed myself off again but then when i had spotting the next day at 12weeks and i asked work for a scan, thats when i had it confirmed there was no FH. Bearing in mind I'd seen baby the Thursday before at 11+2 jumping around and kicking as work did me a quick check as we wasn't busy. Then its like my body was exceptant of the news and the next day when I had to go back in for medical management, I started to lose fresh blood. I took the pills about 1:45pm and by 6pm, I had passed everything and then bled for a week x 

• That's very similar to me, I had bleeding at 9 weeks, 10 weeks and a couple of times that week had two early scans was told it was cervical ectropian and nothing to do with the baby, had my 12 week scan everything was per see baby's hb baby was wriggling about but she couldn't do nuchal test because baby was slightly curled up went back a week later so 13 weeks for the nuchal test and no heartbeat ☹️ Went in the next day for medical management they put the tablets in about 11.15 by 6.30pm I'd passed everything, everything happens so quickly, I now see the cervical ectropian as my body's way of saying something just isn't right, I never had one speck of blood with my daughter not any problems at all, apart from 4 days after my due date I had to go in for reduced movements but turnt out  had just changed her sleeping pattern, everythjng just happens so quickly, one minute i was happily pregnant thought everything was fine, even bought baby a little cuddle toy on the Saturday before my 13 week scan and turns out baby had already passed away ☹️ 

• I had no spotting either with my 3 children and *touch wood* I'm doing ok so far 🤞🏻 and I'm 11wks thursday. We also brough the odd little thing too xx

• It must of been a sign that something was wrong, I really hope you have a happy and healthy pregnancy! Have you had any scans so far or have you not felt the need to? Xx

• Thank you, 3rd time lucky I hope 🤞🏻

I keep checking upon the forum to see how your all getting on as I spent most of my MC's on here and after so miss talking to everyone so I try to stay connected.

I did have an early scan (private one, yes i cried even before the gel went on my belly as i dreaded whats she'd find) when my dates made me 8+2 and baby measured 7+5 with an FH of 144 bmp but the sonographer said this could change at my 12week scan so by my dates, I'll be 12+6 when I have my scan via the hospital. I have been naughty and have been listening in on my home doppler to see if baby is still ok as I picked up the FH last week but i have been asking the midwives at work if the beats etc sounded ok and all seems well so far 🤞🏻

• Mummytolily, i got pg the month after stopping the pill and miscarried too! It may be a coinsidence but i do think that may have been a big factor in why I miscarried. If it helps, I'm a stronger more wilful person since my mc. It was hands down the worst thing that's ever happened to me in my life! I am so lucky to be blessed with another pregnancy which I am sooooooo greatful for! I've got good feelings for all of the ladies here in our cyber ttc family  😊 BABY DUST to all in the TWW! 

• Post deleted by MadeForMums. 
    Here's a link to our Chat guidelines. 

• Charley and elexox I really hope you both have happy and healthy pregnancies! 

Thanks elexox I'm a strong believer in what doesnt kill you makes you stronger and I hope one day I'll be blessed with a successful pregnancy but until then I'm going to take things slow, take time to grieve and be chilled out and see where that takes me. I think the bleeding has stopped today so I hope my scan on Tuesday shows that everything has come away 

• Sorry I meant Monday my scan is Monday 😂 I don't think I even know what day today Is 😂

• Lol, good for you. Take it a day at a time ❤❤ xx

• Thank you mummytolily! You sound like you've got things together so that's a really good thing 🤗 Brilliant that the bleeding has stopped and finger crossed everything has come away and no further management needed! 

• Hey ladies haven't been on here for a while and it's just taken me so long to catch up. Massive congrats to all of you who have got your BFPs, such brilliant news and lovely to hear success stores :)

Mummytolily my story is as follows.

I had a missed MC at 10 weeks in Jan this year.  I found out at a private early reassurance scan that there was no heartbeat.  I was heartbroken as me and OH had been trying for 6 months (not super long I know, but I am already 35 and we don't have any other children) I had to have surgical management of the miscarriage and bled for 3-4 days afterwards.  We started trying again 2 weeks later although it didn't happen and I didn't have a period.  I went back to the GP on 2 occasions and was fobbed off with 'it just takes time' finally she gave me some tablets to bring on AF.  This was April.  I had my 1st period since MC at the beginning of May and started using a CB fertility monitor. I got a peak 1st month so thought I was finally back to normal.

Since then my periods have been between 25-35 days and very light and I haven't had a peak using my monitor.  I ditched this 2 cycles ago and switched to the cheapies and still no peak.  

I've had my 21 day bloods taken on my last 2 cycles and results are 23 and 21 so the GP is now going to refer me to the hospital as she doesn't think I'm ovulating.

I'm actually due AF yesterday but no show.  Test was BFN.

I have now bombed off OPK's and temping and everything else and will wait for my referral to come through and see what they say.

WHY IS LIFE SO CRUEL :(

• Oh momcat that's so frustrating for you it's one thing that no they Nature took your little bean but to then have to go through not ovulating afterwards....your right life is cruel 

I've spent my holiday looking at baby things and thinking I would have know the gender by now answer could have been buying beautiful Spanish dresses or little boys spanish outfits....of course if the pregnancy had of progressed we would t be going abroad 

i really hope the hospital can help you get your baby back to normal x

• Thank you for sharing your story momcat, I really appreciate it, I hope you get a bfp soon. life is cruel and really unfair, I really can't believe how many people on here and in the real world that have gone through the same thing, friends that I'd never thought had even considered having children that have gone through the same thing and it's just awful, awful that so many people have been through this and so many people that will have to go through this in future, it really has changed me and even though in the future I would love to have another baby i know i will be petrified the whole time.

how is everyone today? 

• Post deleted by MadeForMums. 
    Here's a link to our Chat guidelines. 

• Hey everyone, how are you all today? 

Momcat, I'm sorry to hear you are having to get referred to the hospital but I hope they can help figure out why you aren't ovulating and may have some solutions to get it started again.

I think I am out this month, getting period cramps, although no actual af which is confusing as I normally only cramp when bleeding (tmi, sorry). so now I am kinda disappointed but trying to keep positive. 

I hope everyone is doing well :) 

• Hi Momcat, 

exactly same as me... missed miscarriage  at 10 weeks in January, has surgical management 5 days later and no ovulation for 7 months since. Progesterone bloods done twice and both show levels of less that 1. All other bloods results normal though. I am also waiting for my fertility referral to come through. 😔 I think the surgery had messed me up! 

I haven't ditched the OPk's yet as scared I would miss the surge and miss my chance, if it did happen. Anyway, I stopped my pregnacare for conception and 2 weeks later I'm almost sure I've ovulated, had positive OPK,  small amount of CM and had AF arrive yesterday, so 2 weeks exactly after positive test, so hoping body finally getting back to normal. (I've said hay for last 7 months tho)

uncanny how similar our stories are. 

My sister in law gave birth yesterday so that's really hard watching them with a newborn and I just feel empty. I get angry too coz I think it should be me with a 1 month old now. 

Life is crap sometimes. 

Wishing everyone luck this month xx 

• I know what you mean there rach83 I keep thinking how is it fair that so many people on my fb seem to be having babies who seem much younger than me (and I'm only 23) and yet I'm still trying and hoping to be my turn soon

ive got 4 days till af due and expecting done spotting from Monday 

my af has been a bit different since mc I never used to spot before and had 28 day cycles now it's 32 😕

• MrsRees, 

my AF'a used to be bang on 28 days and have been all my life... after MC they were 6 weeks apart but were gradually getting back to a 28 day cycle and I thought Brill, back to normal, then bang no AF for 65 days and blood show not ovulating. Who knows what's going on!

I went to see a spiritualist medium tho and he said the baby you have recently lost will be coming back to you very soon, just hoping he's right 😊 X

• I hope its right for you too, 

we flew home from Tenerife yesterday and I wasn't nearly sick on the decent...I've never had any sickness during flying before but all of a sudden that came on and then passed again when we landed....maybe its a sign for me 😉