Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Trying to get pregnant after a miscarriage Part 12

Replies

• My first day at work went okay! I kept myself together until my area manager came in anew gave me a big hug and then I just started blubbering, his wife was pregnant when I was pregnant with lily and we kept bumping into each other at antenatal classes, it's nice to have the support at work, I feel better now my first day back is done, I was so anxious this morning I was shaking, lily managed to stay at play school until about 3.50, yeah she has a cold, she seems to be feeling better now though 😊 Xx

• I'm sorry for your losses, bobble, one was hard enough, I can't imagine going through what you have. You could say to them that you think you have had cp's as well as the mc's, any information will be of use to them. 

it's frustrating as the pains have been going for around six days now but no other symptoms of either pregnancy or period so I'm just feeling more and more grumpy. 

Aww, mummytolily, I am glad it went well today, and that you have the support from your manager :) and it's good to hear Lily is feeling a little better.

• Thanks Whale chick! We've decided that we are definitely gunna start trying straight away, i see It is if my body's not ready then it just won't happen will it, and emotionally I think  always take time, I'm gunna keep it from friends and family until I'm 12 weeks though, which will be difficult because I tell my mum everything so will be hard keeping it from her but I think it'll be for the best this time 

• Does anyone find that time is just so damn slow when ttc?? It feels like t days and weeks are taking forever at the minute...I want this period over and to get to the fertile days....I'm not a patient person and I don't like not being able to do something or not be in control 

• I'm glad you have decided to try again, mummytolily, it's not an easy decision but i agree if it isnt meant to happen yet then it won't. And yea, I am not going to tell anyone until at least 12w, just for my own peace of mind. 

I agree mrsRees, time seems to take forever to pass recently, yet before it was flying by. 

• Hi Kate, glad you've found this forum. Just wanted to say sorry to hear of your loss and be kind to yourself 🤗 The anxiety/stress of trying again doesn't go until you catch again I'm afraid and even then, you're worrying about losing again... but I had to remind myself every single day "what if it goes right" instead of "what if it goes wrong again". Youll never know until you try again 😊 But at the end of the day, only you will know when you're ready. I fell again after 7 horrificly emotional months and im now 16 weeks and so far everything is ok. I find out the gender tomorrow, very excited! Stay with this forum and eventually you'll catch again and things will go right 💕

Mummytolily sounds like you are doing ok? Sorry to hear lily has been poorly, hope she is ok now. 

How is everyone else?

xXx

• elexox i wouldn't say I'm doing okay exactly, I'm just learning to cope with it, im currently going through a complaint against a sonographer at the hospital and they're investigating at the moment, so thats got me down a bit but it's so worth it, i know there's nothing she could of done to stop it from happening but I think she knew something was wrong at the 12 week scan, i got that impression from nurses at the hospital who dealt with my miscarriage, and she was also so rude, I had her at Lily's gender scan and she was really rude then as well. Lily's still no better she's got worse, so a phone call to the doctors it is today, she's just got such a nasty dry cough, and everytime she coughs she cries so shes obviously in so much pain, I'm starting to think it could possibly be tonsillitis xx

• Mummy to lily -I had really rude staff that member when I found out about mc too after I had been told I was sent to a small room just off of the scan room and was crying my heart out and the women kept barging in even though the nurse had told her not to go in 

she made it feel like i was an inconvenience for her it was horrible 

I hope you get the outcome you deserve from the complaint, if she knew something was wrong she should have said something 

I had a little break down last night as was extremly tired and loads of baby stuff seemed to be on telly and internet yesterday and it got a bit much :/ 

• Mrs Rees that's awful! its so rude when youre going through a heartbreaking time and then someone treats you like that, yeah she told me she couldn't do the nuchal test because the baby was curled up and i was 11 weeks and 6 days at that scan but she was really snappy and rude about it as if it was my fault & so she booked me a scan for a week later so I went to that one and there was no heartbeat, then when I had my appt the day after to get the miscarriage started the nurse had said  baby was measuring 11 weeks and 4 days when it had passed away and I said well that's strange because I was 11 weeks and 6 days and the last scan and everything was fine and she had explained that what could happen is the baby will start to curl up when theres something wrong and on that I was so angry! So they're investigating to see if she did know and didn't tell me, if there was a slight chance there was something wrong I wouldnt of told everyone so I basically told everyone I was pregnant for a week later to have to tell everyone I'd had a miscarriage it was awful! i really hope they can provide her with more training so this doesn't happen again! They also found unusual fluid around baby's head which she should of picked up on as well 

• wow. Reading both your posts I am sitting trying to decide between feeling so sad for you both, and utter rage that these people behaved so horribly at a time when you are at your worst. Literally sitting here with tears of both In my eyes. 

I'm so sorry you had to go through that,  never understand why people who lack empathy go into jobs like midwifery and nursing. 

I hope they take the complaint seriously, mummytolily, and deal with her properly. If nothing else it will save women from going through the same in future. 

Mans I hope lily doesn't have tonsilitus, poor wee thing :(

mrsRees, are you feeling any better today? I think it is natural to get upset when baby things seem to be everywhere, I keep getting updates from a website (even though I have cancelled them three times) updating me on where I am in my pregnancy. 

• Hi ladies

Have been keeping an eye on the thread, and thought I'd update you all. 

I had my scan this morning all is good - am so relieved!! 

Both strong hearts and wriggling around, moving their limbs.  Bleed site has shrunk considerably and below babies, umbilical cords are looking good and placentas are up above.

just about 10 weeks now, and finally stopped bleeding, they are around 3cm each, I feel so blessed and just have everything crossed that things continue to be positive.

good luck to you all - even when you get that bfp it is still a real difficult journey!! Xxx

• Thanks girls I think I was just way too tired last night last few days I've judt felt exhausted I even slept for 12hrs the other night and still felt tired yesterday but then really struggled to sleep last night I guess it's judt hormonal after af finished 

so glad everything is going well mrs fish so excited for you twins is amazing 😀

• Whale chick I could never understand it either what an amazing job to show people there babies for the first time, I can understand it must be really difficult for people with situations like ours but I should imagine 90% of the time to make it to 12 weeks babies are normally okay, id llove to do that, I wouldn't speak to anyone the way she did to me and I work in retail, I hope they take it seriously to, when I spoke to the lady dealing with the complaint yesterday it did sound like they were taking it seriously, she was also very angry as she had kids herself, I will let you know the outcome :)

mrs fish I'm so glad your babies are okay! Do you know if they're identical? I wonder what you're having! Ive always wanted twin girls! Ooh how exciting xD do you have a scan photo yet? 

Mrs Rees please dont take this the wrong way but do you think you could maybe be depressed? I was really tired at the beginning of the year and I went to the doctors thinking I had some sort of defiency and she said she thought I was depressed, at the time I thought utter nonsense but then as weeks started to pass i started to think that she was right as I was really down in the dumps for no reason whatsoever, I never did go back to the doctor because I didn't want to be put on anti depressants because I know how easily people can become addicted to them and rely on them to be happy and then i just kept trying to think positively and I suppose I did just get better, if I did have it it was only mild xx

• Hey ladies hope you're all ok. To all the new people on here I'm so sorry for your loss.

Just wanted to let you know that after my scare and bleed at 6 weeks I just had my 12 week scan today and all was ok :-) little legs were kicking and everything. Got a little wriggler. 

It can and will happen again for you all. Keeping my 🤞 for lots more bfp soon xx

• Mummy to Lilly - I don't think I'm depressed although it's something I will always keep an eye out for as my husband has been through it after an army accident 

I think I was just tired and hormonal and just had a down 10 minutes but have bounced back again today

i think I just wish i could be doing something more to get pregnant....you spend so many years being careful you don't get pregnant and then when you want to be pregnant it's so damn hard but yet you see all these alcaholic and drugged up people who get pregnant so easy 

life ain't fair but I'm a positive person and will be fine :) 

• Mrs Rees I'm glad you're feeling okay & sorry to hear your husband has been through it before, I know life is really unfair, especially when you see people like that getting pregnant, your time will come honestly, how long have you been trying since your miscarriage now? & how old are you if you dont mind me asking? I have never struggled to conceive before but I'm really concerned that I might do this time xx

• it took me 8 months after my depo injection finished to get pregnant (June-march) then mc in may so it's only been 4 months really of trying but feels a lot longer

im 23 but 24 in October so at least I have time on my side my husband is 33 

i think there's always going to be that worry what if there's a reason it's not happening, what if there should something wrong 

we just have to have hope and not get too discouraged 

it's gunna happen I positives 

• Hi Ladies,

So happy to hear some of you have good news - it really gives me hope! So thanks for the update xLisilx!

MrsRees I totally know what you mean! Me and my husband went to Ikea today and when we got to the kids and baby section I took me everything not to burst out crying... it must have looked quite funny on the CCTV as I walked into the area and just stood there staring at a cot and then my husband came over, put his arm around me and walked me through the area at speed saying "no, no, no, we're not stopping here... come on..." and walked me out like he was a bouncer! haha.

I couldn't help but feel so jealous of all the other Mums picking out cute rugs and furniture!

Big hugs to everyone xx

• Mrs rees! You both have time on your side! I am 24 oh is 26, at least you know you can get pregnant, it will definitely happen! The best things are worth waiting for! 

We will all get there one day! And hopefully not to long away! 

A nice trip to the doctors for us tonight, Lily's cough is just terrible I'm wondering if it could be a chest infection or tonsillitis, when she's ill she's normally just running around and is normal but this time she just wants cuddles and to sleep, I'm enjoying the cuddles (shes verY independent and doesn't normally like cuddles) but just wish I could take it from her 

• Kate I know exactly how you feel, a few days after I found out about my miscarriage we had popped into next to get lily some new clothes which we had planned to do before we found out anyway and I was gunna get baby a couple of bits but seeing all the baby bits was heartbreaking I literally just wanted to sob the whole time, I shouldn't have gone really but with the weather getting colder she desperately needed some warmer stuff and I don't trust oh to pick nice stuff 😂