Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Help - Ovulation timing confusion??

Hi everyone,

So I'm a bit confused... we're trying to conceive our 3rd baby but this month has been a bit strange cycle wise. I think I ovulated on Day 16 as I had EWCM on Days 15/16 which then went to sticky and slightly cloudy, which I believe signals that ovulation has occurred? However, today (Day 17) I have had more EWCM again. TMI but I checked it twice in the day and it was definitely slippery and stretchy. I now have no idea if I ovulated earlier or not... 

My cycle mostly varies between 27 and 28 days (though a couple months ago stretched all the way to 30!! Was sure I was pregnant, but false alarm...) 

Has this happened to anyone else before? 

Thank you for reading xx

Replies

• The rule of thumb is that thr period between ovulation and period is always around 14 days (sometimes a day or so less but that part stays consistent as opposed to the bir between period and ovulation which can change). So... if you are expecting a 27 day cycle you would ovulate around cd13, 30 day cycle would mean you ovulate around cd16. So it's likely that you have already ovulated. 

The only sure way to know is to use ovulation tests. I really like the clear blue digital tests (standard not advanced) as they are super easy to read & you can use FMU rather than having to hold your pee for 4 hours during the day. 

Good luck! ☺️

• Thank you! If I don't fall pregnant this month then I'll definitely pick up some ovulation sticks. Even more confusing is I had more EWCM and then what felt like ovulation pain yesterday, which would be very late so I'm wondering if it was just a random sharp pain. The only thing that makes me think it might have been is because I had the same pain last month on my left side and then this month I felt it on my right, so would make sense. Hmm... This cycle seems to be all over the place.