Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Concerned normal/chemical/ectopic??- what should I do?

Hi all, so I have had a positime test. Top one taken Thursday, second on Saturday and third today (it's a different test - just a line to say positive). Slightly concerned that it's not turned very dark Over the week. When I had my first child it turned very dark over night. I also have minimal symptoms of sore boobs and I had spotting for the first 5 days. I can feel highly aches in my left side only. What should I do- does this sound normal or not? I phoned the doctor with my concern but she said nothing they can do. As I'm only around 5 weeks I've started to think could it be ectopic? Any advice would be great. image

Replies

• There is clear progression there. Did you initially test early? 

Could just be urine concentration when you have done the tests.

Maybe get a digital and see what it shows up as and then test again in 8 days to make sure it has gone up.

If no further bleeding or severe pain stay positive. 

An early scan won't be able to see anything yet so your doctor was right in that sense, I am sure they weren't just dismissing your concerns.

• As for symptoms every pregnancy is different and it is still very early, for some women they never get any typical symptoms or they don't kick in until later.

• Thanks for your reply becks. 

I have done the tests first wee in the morning. I was due my period on Saturday so only a couple of days. I did a figital on Friday and it said 1-2 so I will try a digital maybe next Monday then? 

i guess you worry about every little bit, I just feel like I don't feel as pregnant as before. Fingers and toes crossed. :-) 

• Ps can you tell I've bought so pant tests that I have now had to start buying Cheapies 😆