Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Can ovulation just stop!?

I've been off my pill for around 6 months but only began to ovulate around 2 months ago, using testing sticks and online calender to find out when I ovulate for the last 2 months I have ovulated when expected to, however this month my cycle has been 30 days instead of 33, I've used an online calendar again and it told me I should've been ovulating today although I haven't? May it be a little late? Can you stop ovulating For a while?

Replies

• Ignore online calendars they are only estimates based on the information you put in. Every woman is different

If you were using the sticks and getting positive results did you notice any pattern to what cycle day you were ovulating? Cycle day day one is when your period starts.

If you want to use ovulation sticks as a guide you need to probably be using them from cycle day 10 onwarss and see when you get a positive. With a 30 day cycle though you might not ovulate until around day 16 but these are just estimates.

You are young my personal advice would be to ditch all the tracking and just enjoy regular sex with your boyfriend .