Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Implantation bleeding

Has anyone experienced implantation bleeding before? Thought AF  arrived last night but it's not like it normally is. All day been hardly anything and it's just so different. I don't want to get my hopes up  and have read about implantation bleeding. Also had cramping and lower back pain which has been going on for last couple of weeks. Anyone else experienced this? Should I test? X

Replies

• Options

I had signs of implantation which involved subtle period cramps a week before AF was due, a spot of baby pink cm three days before AF was due and then absolutely nothing. I actually thought the pink cm was start of AF so didn’t think much more of it until the day AF was due and I had nothing at all. That’s when I knew something wasn’t right as I usually spot a few days before (although again the usual spotting is nothing like the random cm I had). I suspect everyone is different though but if youre meant to be on your period and suspect what’s happening is different, take the test as it would likely be accurate by now. 

• Options

Thank u! Yes It just feels all different so perhaps I will take a test and see. No harm in doing a test... see what happens in next couple of days. 😊

• Options

Im having the same sort of thing at the moment. I'm so confused! I'm 12dpo, AF due Sunday (in 4 days). Since I ovulated ive had a lot more cm than usual. Since last night Ive felt really bloated and had very mild period type cramps with the occasional sharper twinge then this morning when I peed my cm was pink when I wiped but ive had nothing since, apart from a kind of heavy feeling down there, sort of like AF is coming but different :/ Could this be AF rearing her ugly head early or implantation?

Also for the last 4/5 days Ive been moody, teary and just an emotional wreck! Ive completely gone off tea (which I usually drink 5/6 cups a day) it tastes vile and extremely bitter. And for the last couple of days I have really struggled to eat any hot/cooked food! It makes me heave while chewing it and I cant physically swallow it, but I'm fine with cold food like sandwiches etc.

Have you had any other symptoms? Could what ive had be symptoms or am I just completely losing the plot?

• Options

My experience was lots of subtle hints rather than obvious symptoms. A week after I conceived I went to a wedding and had a lot to drink (obviously had no idea). I spent two days on the sofa feeling terrible afterwards but just assumed it was the flu or something. It wasn’t until a week later I found out I was pregnant and it made sense. Id love to tell you what you’re experiencing is early signs but I think everyone is different and i actually had nausea before I was pregnant which I think was a side effect of coming off the pill. It’s not too long til you get to take a test and find out so try to keep yourself busy/distracted and it’ll come around quickly enough 

• Options

Thank you, I dont want to get my hopes up too much just incase. With my first baby who is now 4, AF was always on the right date every month... since then always been irregular so hard to know when it's due. So just have to wait and see. Nice yo have group to talk to in similar situations xx

• Options

Tinkerbell92 yes similar to me l, I dont knoe whats going on, I'm not sure is is AF as it's a different sort of discomfort, not so much a bad period pain, but still achey and feels uncomfortable. The last week or so I've felt twinges and slight pains and lower back pain. So a few other symptoms and headaches. It's horrible not knowing whats going on with your body. So different to my first pregnancy. Is this your first? X

• Options

can anyone help me?!?!?, I had sex the first week of this month which was my fertile week, I had sex 2 days before I ovulated then again a day before I ovulated. the 21-22nd were supposed to be the start of my monthly. on the 16th I had some light pink spotting with white discharge and the same thing the next day, on the 18th I started bleeding then the next day the same but this time it had blood clots in it, my periods are really regular never had an issue. I am having all the pregnancy symptoms and my stomach feels really hard, I've taken pregnancy tests last month it did the same thing then, but I missed the first day of my start date for my period September 21st instead it started September 22nd and the tests said negative, haven't done a blood test yet though. can anyone tell me what's going on?

• Options

Hi, its so confusing, if it is implantation bleeding you cant take a test 4-5 days after u stop bleeding. If  u take it too close to the bleeding then its likely to be a negative result. So i would advise you take a test and then you will know what is going on. just hold out on the testing as if u take too early u wont have enough hormone to detect pregnancy. Hope that helps a bit. If still negative perhaps see doctor xx

• Options

Hi Lilmisshappy,

Have you tested yet? I had very light bleeding 10 dpo (Sunday 15th Oct) that got gradually lighter over the next 3 days. I assumed it was my period arriving a couple of days early, but it I'd never had my period start and then stop completely. I was so suspicious that I brought a test but waited until the bleeding had stopped for a day (Weds 18th Oct and 13 dpo) and got my BFP that morning. Good luck!

• Options

I’m in the same situation! Worst part is I’m not entirely sure when my periods are or when I ovulate, it wasn’t planned. I’m really irregular but for some reason I just feel different. Last week out of nowhere I was sick and have been continuin to feel sick ever since. I’ve been getting headaches virtually everyday, eating more and yesterday I made a drink of Fanta fruit twist (my favourit) and thought it tasted funny. The thing that made me think of pregnancy was about 4 days ago when I noticed this light brown discharge (sorry for TMI) in my knickers. The next day it got darker but was only ever when I wiped. The day after I got a slight red colour in it but it was always on and off and I never needed to use a pad. Last night it got a little more red and heavy so I put a tampon on, woke up this morning and there was just a slight bit of brown discharge on it with a bit of clear stuff a slight bit of red. Throughout today I’ve had nothing, even when I wipe and for me this is not normal! I did a test on Saturday then again on Monday and both of them are negative but from reading a lot of posts maybe I’ve tested too early? I’ve estimated that I could be around 10DPO but that’s only a guess so my head is all over the place! This would be my third pregnancy. I don’t remember much with my third as he was planned and I just took a test the day before my period was due and got a BFP, I didnt symptom check at all! My second wasn’t planned but it was ’if it happens it happens’. I started to feel sick and when I realised one day my period hadn’t come I took a test and it was positive so this is different for me. Every pregnancy is different so it makes it so much more complicated! I’ll keepyou all up to date with everything and good luck everyone TTC xx